Spin Master prices

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Oh, so it hasn't been updated at all?
Well that explains it, thanks!

I do think it's kind of strange and stupid that there is no up to date price guide for Neo stuff. There's the one on here and the Neo Geo Kult one.. I see games regularly going for 3 to 4 times those prices so kind of pointless for them to even exist. The only way to really know what something is going for seems to be to regularly watch eBay auctions.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I do think it's kind of strange and stupid that there is no up to date price guide for Neo stuff. There's the one on here and the Neo Geo Kult one.. I see games regularly going for 3 to 4 times those prices so kind of pointless for them to even exist. The only way to really know what something is going for seems to be to regularly watch eBay auctions.

Ya its definitely frustrating, but for lower end games the neo geo kult guide is fairly accurate. I wouldnt say many games are going for 3-4 times what they are listed in there for, slugs maybe and few other rarities. Unless you are talking about out to lunch BIN prices on ebay, which never sell anyways. You can find fair prices out there just need to be patient and lucky when it comes to AES.

Anything that isnt a fighting game is going up in price pretty rapidly though.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Haha, don't worry, I don't see these things as having any sort of value.

Get out of here... I bet you'd give your father hell for throwing away his record collection out of the prosaic reason to "just clear out the storage locker". So will Troop Jr. It's your family storage locker, so to speak, and let's not kid ourselves: you can't live on rationality alone these days.

Zero06

n00b
Is this game really all that great? I've never played it but it doesnt look 300$ worthy

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is this game really all that great? I've never played it but it doesnt look 300$ worthy

AES collectors are an entirely different breed. It's best to observe their behavior from a safe distance than to question it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

A good but not great game
$50ish price tage for used copy, $80 for new
Its not worth $300 at all, im serious.

pmoniez

n00b
300 is absurd for an average game you can complete in 30 minutes. I would say top hunter is a wiser purchase though the price for that exceeds ridiculous these days.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
300 is absurd for an average game you can complete in 30 minutes. I would say top hunter is a wiser purchase though the price for that exceeds ridiculous these days.

What a silly post.

You can complete 99% of arcade games in about 30 minutes. This is an arcade game.

It is to run 'n gun what Parodius and Twinbee are to shooters. It's also a great entry level game for younger players and casuals.

pmoniez

n00b
What a silly post.

You can complete 99% of arcade games in about 30 minutes. This is an arcade game.

It is to run 'n gun what Parodius and Twinbee are to shooters. It's also a great entry level game for younger players and casuals.
It's a subjective opinion. Nothing more or less. A good point about it being a good entry game for younger players though.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member

Top Hunter seems to be going for about $280 on ebay if you look at listings that actually sold. The people wanting $500-700 are retarded.

Top Hunter is an odd one in that the Japanese version always seemed more in demand. It does have a cooler insert.

But eh, neither Top Hunter nor Spinmasters are worth triple digits IMO. Both are pretty average games.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's a subjective opinion. Nothing more or less. A good point about it being a good entry game
for younger players though.

First of all, it's a dumb opinion, something more, sir, and I'd say you're a drongo, something
less, I'd be satisfied with an ignorant moron. Your so called "opinion" is similar to someone
who complains about comedy films being funny, ready to demand his money back at the
counter, because he laughed during screening.

It is like mjmjr25 eloquently put it. But maybe you were absent, while reading it, so please,
here's your second chance:

Arcade games are NOT destined to be played like your average home console experience,
where you move on regardless of continue abuse and when it's finished, just throw the
medium/ROM i the trash can. The ending of an arcade game is an abstract number, defining
your score, it's discipline you derive, after countless hours, days, weeks, months even years
of perfecting it, it is gaining the ultimate price, which is becoming a master of that particular
game.

Well, being a halfwit, I don't expect you to understand that, but I have a pop cultural
reference, that may help. Arcade games are all about Live Die Repeat, just watch Edge of
Tomorrow.

P.S. If Miracle Adventure is so easy, that you prescribe it to kiddos only, then plz, be my guest
and show us some nice 1 live clear... preferably with a photograph. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

pmoniez

n00b
First of all, it's a dumb opinion, something more, sir, and I'd say you're a drongo, something
less, I'd be satisfied with an ignorant moron. Your so called "opinion" is similar to someone
who complains about comedy films being funny, ready to demand his money back at the
counter, because he laughed during screening.

It is like mjmjr25 eloquently put it. But maybe you were absent, while reading it, so please,
here's your second chance:

Arcade games are NOT destined to be played like your average home console experience,
where move on regardless of continue abuse and when it's finished, you just throw the
medium/ROM i the trash can. The ending of an arcade game is an abstract number, defining
your score, it's discipline, you derive after countless hours, days, weeks, months even years
of perfecting it, it's gaining the ultimate price, which is being a master of that particular
game.

Well, being a halfwit, I don't expect you to understand that, but I have a pop cultural
reference, that may help. Arcade games are all about Live Die Repeat, just watch Edge of
Tomorrow.

P.S. If Miracle Adventure is so easy, that you prescribe it to kiddos only, then plz, be my guest
and show us some nice 1 live clear... preferably with a photograph. Have a nice day.
Oh my what a cunt we are. Clearly you don't understand the term subjective. I'm hardly the only one with this opinion. Now I don't recall calling it easy or terrible for that matter. I simply said its over priced much like most aes games are quickly becoming. Now wasn't the op asking opinions of the value of the game? The purpose of an arcade game was to drain as much money out of the player as possible whilst keeping them entertained. A very good player could subvert the system and 1cc the game and it's a sight to behold. Some people love spin master and that's great, some not so much. Acting like a child because someone has a different opinion to you is precisely what is wrong with many people. Have a great day

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I simply said...

Simply put: It doesn't matter what you say, as it always comes down to death and Xcess, the
market one of course. So pimp up your pathetic post count somewhere else... and save this
cheap salesman talk, it's obvious.

pmoniez

n00b
I'm really not interested in the market. I have every game I actually want on the aes and mvs. I don't own games that I really don't see myself enjoying hence I don't own riding hero, nor do I want to sell anything. Yes I have been posting a bit in the last couple of days as I have a weekend off for the first time in a couple of years I thought I might indulge in a bit of Neo.
Please feel free to keep me off the market as it won't phase me one iota. Just accept that for one reason or another we are all here because of love for a certain black box or big red cabinet.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Please feel free to keep me off the...

Plz spiv, nobody keeps you from anything, really. And since you made your critically acclaimed
point already crystal clear some seven post earlier, ...there's nothing left to say either.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Unfortunately, as far as I know prices are set depending on the availability of the game rather than the quality.

The quality of the game dictates the demand, not the offer. So you end up having shitty games which are incredibly rare and cost a ton and others which are funny and can be found quite cheap (MVS metal slugs are typically found for $20-40).

YMMV obviously.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Unfortunately, as far as I know prices are set depending on the availability of the game rather than the quality

Both factors come into play. Legend of Success Joe is not that expensive considering how rare it is.

On the Neo people are desperate for good non-fighters to balance out the experience. So decent non-fighters are rising in price. Yet these games would be utterly ignored if they were on any other 16bit console.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Both factors come into play. Legend of Success Joe is not that expensive considering how rare it is.

On the Neo people are desperate for good non-fighters to balance out the experience. So decent non-fighters are rising in price. Yet these games would be utterly ignored if they were on any other 16bit console.

Not really
Anything made from Renovation are in high prices these days

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Clearly you don't understand the term subjective. I'm hardly the only one with this opinion.

Your "subjective" opinion is incorrect. I'm sure you aren't the only one with this opinion. I'd bet that the majority of people buying up rare and expensive arcade games see things the same way you do to. fools. Mjmjr and oliverclaude are right, you are wrong.

Yet these games would be utterly ignored if they were on any other 16bit console.

16bit consoles?! It would still be sought after. If Spinmaster was released on just a PCB, than maybe few would care about it.

Yes

Elemental Master

Elemental Master is technosoft. Telenet, arghm, Renovation just published the US release.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
andsuchisdeath said:
Elemental Master is technosoft. Telenet, arghm, Renovation just published the US release.

I know Technosoft developed it. But since Renovation published US release then it's still under them

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Renovation also produced Vapor Trail for Genesis, which is one of my favorites on the system. It's not the greatest shmup but I had a lot of great memories when it first came out. Pretty faithful arcade port too.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Renovation also produced Vapor Trail for Genesis, which is one of my favorites on the system. It's not the greatest shmup but I had a lot of great memories when it first came out. Pretty faithful arcade port too.

Basically most of games published by Renovation on Genesis will cost you $$$ to get them.....