Space Marine Demo

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Has anyone here demo'd Space Marine? After playing through the PC demo, I'm convinced the game looks very promising and will - for me - be a day-one purchase. I'm glad to see Relic try something new with the franchise.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played through it.

I am a bit concerned about how long I will play it.

I really enjoyed Dawn of War, but Dawn of War II was a bit of a let down. It's out in about a week. I look forward to hearing everyone's impressions on the game.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Loved the demo, and I love Relic/Warhammer, so I will be getting it somehow. Hopefully it does well enough to get a sequel with some other enemies. I'd love to chop up some Eldar with a Power Axe.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I played through it.

I am a bit concerned about how long I will play it.

I really enjoyed Dawn of War, but Dawn of War II was a bit of a let down. It's out in about a week. I look forward to hearing everyone's impressions on the game.

Dawn of War 2 did not feel like a sequel to Dawn of War. It felt like an entirely different game and because of that I think it suffered. It should have been a completely different game set in the 40K universe. The DoW series should be a straight up RTS.

That said, I feel there is room for improvement on the DoW2 formula: Had they left out even more of the traditional RTS elements from the game and went even more towards it being top down action-RPG set in the 40K universe then I think they would have had an even greater hit on their hands.

I want something more akin to Diablo or say Marvel: Ultimate Alliance but set in the 40K universe.

Last edited: