Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Zombie Nation

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Whoops, sorry for the late voting thread. Completely slipped my mind that I'm hosting this month.

Let's get a quick 2-day poll going so we don't lose too many days out of this month.

This month selection is a variety of Halloween/Horror style shmups.

Abadox
Released on the NES, this gradius/r-type like clone was developed by Natsume and features creepy space organisms. Tough as nails.
Abadox_-_NES_-_Planet.png

Deathsmiles
Featuring heavy occult and gothic influences, this one was developed by Cave and hosts some classic horror and monster themes. This game was ported to a bunch of systems.
550x413.jpg

Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams
Developed by Success, this classic cute-em-up features a witch and her sidekick Silk (who acts like your Option) fighting thier way through a world of monsters that has tainted the light prism which brings light and happiness to the land of fairies; Silk is sent by the fairy queen to find help, but all she manages to find is a strange, air-headed and mildly insane witch named Cotton. Originally released on the Sega System 16B arcade platform, there are a couple somewhat faithful ports we can add to this if voted: PlayStation, TurboGrafx-CD
ARC_Cotton_-_Fantastic_Night_Dreams.png

X-Multiply
Another R-type style game from IREM, features a ship with tentacles, and deals with alien invasion themes and micro-cosmic fighting.
Plenty of ports to go around with this one too:
Sega Saturn, PlayStation, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch
x-multiply.jpg

Zombie Nation
Figured I'd throw this rediculous NES game in the mix. Zombie Nation is hilarious. You are a floating samurai head that goes to America to destroy Darc Seed—an alien who crashed to Earth via a meteorite in 1999, turned all the American people into zombies, and took control of various deadly weapons. The Famicom version, Abarenbou Tengu, is practically the same except for some sprite changes.
fb-preview.jpg

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Good choices, though I'm still Cotton-ed out, and we've done Deathsmiles already. Really tough to pick between XM, Abadox, and ZN.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Always forgot about these, so I'm looking forward to participating this time! Should have voted Zombie Nation though, I impulse voted for Deathsmiles haha. In case of tie swing that way!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Hot damn, the poll is close!

I'm hoping for Deathsmiles, as I was gonna bust it out for Halloween anyway

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
X-Multiply takes it.

I’ll start up a thread this afternoon.

There are quite a few ports of this, so we’ll run separate score tables. I believe the Saturn and PSX ports run slightly faster than the arcade. I might put those two consoles together as one score table as I think they run the same. There’s also a Nintendo Switch port, which I don’t know much about. Might put that one on its own.
Crap, and there’s a PS4 port...

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I’m thinking 3 tables:
1. PCB/Mame
2. PSX/Saturn
3. PS4/Switch

Any objections?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Aren’t the consoles all just running the arcade version emulated? I’d keep it all to one table to keep things competitive. Even if the Saturn and PSX run slightly faster, I don’t think the difference is enough to matter IMHO.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Aren’t the consoles all just running the arcade version emulated? I’d keep it all to one table to keep things competitive. Even if the Saturn and PSX run slightly faster, I don’t think the difference is enough to matter IMHO.

Apparently the Saturn and PSX versions have a higher difficulty as well. Which is why I figured to pair them as one table. I could put the modern consoles with the PCB/Mame table, but I don’t know if those ports are similar to the Saturn/PSX or emulated like Mame.