• Raiden Fighters Jet

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
The options are simple:

Sengoku Ace - An underrated gem that i think not many people know about and the first entry from the Psikyo catalog. It also has some game elements similar to April's SOTM (Sonic Wings Limited) because i believe some of the staff members who worked on the first Sonic Wing left Video System to create Psikyo.

Vimana - Another game that is a bit overlooked in the Toaplan catalog. Sure it's not one of the top tier shooters from the cult developer, but still a nice game with some interesting elements and one that never got a home port until recently.

Raiden Fighters Jet - To be honest, don't know much about this one but many consider it awesome and the ultimate version in the "fighter" series. Besides, i would be glad to give my PCB some use :D

Have a great month everybody

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I voted fighters jet. Not because I wanted to, but because I don't have Sengoku Ace.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Jet has a fun medal herding mechanic. Casted my vote!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I voted raiden fighters because I never put a lot of time into it, so this would be a good opportunity.

Is there even a port of Vimana? Definitely don’t feel like firing up mame.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I voted raider fighters because I never put a lot of time into it, so this would be a good opportunity.

Is there even a port of Vimana? Definitely don’t feel like firing up mame.
I know it will be available in the "Astro City V". Not sure if it counts as a home port but...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Come on Raiden Fighters Jet! Good excuse to fire up the cab.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Seriously, Ace for real.

If you haven't played Fighters Jet before, the scoring is EXTREMELY strict, requiring pretty much mastery of the first stage in order to even stand a chance. Be prepared for a lot fo resets.
I haven't. Care to elaborate?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Honestly I find Jet to be far less strict about stage 1 mastery than the first two games, at least for the initial medaling step. You no longer need to muck about with managing three separate trees, or making sure there's never more than 1 medal on-screen at a time to increase the value. In Jet you just blob them all up, and collect when full. Also stage 1 is always the same stage in Jet, so no need to mess with the rng to get the "good stage 1".

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Well we can't change our votes, so there's no going back. Maybe we need a bullshit one (like Castle Shitagami) every now then.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I know what we’re playing in May…

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I haven't. Care to elaborate?
You basically need to collect all the medals in stage 1 in order to activate the higher scoring medal mode for the remainder of the game. Failing to collect them all means you might as well restart. It's not super difficult to do so, it just feels tedious having to nail it every single time.

Honestly I find Jet to be far less strict about stage 1 mastery than the first two games, at least for the initial medaling step. You no longer need to muck about with managing three separate trees, or making sure there's never more than 1 medal on-screen at a time to increase the value. In Jet you just blob them all up, and collect when full. Also stage 1 is always the same stage in Jet, so no need to mess with the rng to get the "good stage 1".
I can't say I've played any of the others in the Fighters series, but damn those sound way stricter. Guess Jet ain't too bad after all!

In any case I'll still play. It's a pretty quality shmup once you get past my grievances with the first stage.