10 Year Member

Code:
Name -     Score   - Stage - PCB/MAME
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Let's start the discussion and the get the score submission going!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Fuckin' A! Especially the first level and the "warp" sound effect. Play in stereo if you can, it's a big step up from the JAMMA mono.
Oh definitely! I got one of these installed on the F3.
Made by our boy, jeffpin. Makes a world of a difference.

I'll throw the board in the cabinet this week and start practicing. This is one of the games on that hardware I wanted to get better at. There's a lot of Toaplan feels in this.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Solid game. A couple notes, Player 2 Type C is the strongest player in the game—your default power is the same as having one power up for everyone else I believe.

There's one 1-up on the final stage, all you have to do is defeat the mid-boss.

Made by our boy, jeffg. Makes a world of a difference.

I'll throw the board in the cabinet this week and start practicing. This is one of the games on that hardware I wanted to get better at. There's a lot of Toaplan feels in this.

That I/O board is sweeeeeeet. Thankfully my Egret 2 is wired for stereo audio from the F3, but would be handy for use in other cabs.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Thx for the link! Just scooped this great bit of kit.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member

The F3 really does sound so much better in stereo. I went the DIY route to save a couple bucks and crimped my own 4 pin line level adapter, because as far as I could tell my blast couldn't take amplified stereo audio, only amplified mono:

20210301_163907.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to spending more time with it. Haven't sat down and tried to learn it

Last edited:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
The F3 really does sound so much better in stereo. I went the DIY route to save a couple bucks and crimped my own 4 pin line level adapter, because as far as I could tell my blast couldn't take amplified stereo audio, only amplified mono

Whatever works man! You could actually use that unit with various PCBs if you make adapters on the JST side instead of dedicated.

Thanks for the plug opt2not :)

My previous forum name was jeffpin. I haven't posted here in a while, but have been lurking. I make a few different stereo add-ons if anyone wants to check them out. https://www.tindie.com/stores/everten

I might get in on this month's shmup!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Whatever works man! You could actually use that unit with various PCBs if you make adapters on the JST side instead of dedicated.

Thanks for the plug opt2not :)

My previous forum name was jeffpin. I haven't posted here in a while, but have been lurking. I make a few different stereo add-ons if anyone wants to check them out. https://www.tindie.com/stores/everten

I might get in on this month's shmup!
I literally just saw your avatar and said "what noob took jeffpins avatar?" and then read this post. Hahaha. Welcome back

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I literally just saw your avatar and said "what noob took jeffpins avatar?" and then read this post. Hahaha. Welcome back

I did about the same, the avatar is familiar but not the name. Guess you have to change names after doing gai p0rn...

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I did about the same, the avatar is familiar but not the name. Guess you have to change names after doing gai p0rn...

This is the Neo Geo forum response I was looking for. Well done. :vik:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Woah, clean slate!

Haven't sat down and put time into it since NG shat the bed but now that we back I'll give it a good go this weekend. This is my previous score in case I fall into a pit and die:

PSX_20210307_215356.jpg

GMEGBLN - 884,980 - 4 - F3 PCB

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Hi guys.

First time posting on the new forums and still a bit lost...
Seems like the scoreboard was deleted and we're missing a few score submissions, including mine.

I will right away try to update the scoreboard with the scores available on this thread but ask everybody to post again his best score if it isn't already on the first post.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I CANT EDIT THE OP, SO THIS WILL BE THE SCOREBOARD FOR NOW!!!

Player - Score - Stage - Hardware

#1 _rm_ - 1.181,460 - ALL - F3 PCB
#2 GMEGBLN - 884,980 - 4 - F3 PCB
#3 daskrabs - 816,560 - 4 - F3 PCB
#4 Neodogg - 794,720 - 4 - Saturn

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
_rm_ 1.181,460 - ALL - F3 PCB

baaQQoGl.jpg