SOTM February 2022 Poll

SOTM February 2022

• Total voters

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
All, I'm sorry for my delay getting this poll posted up. February crept up on me. I did think about this a fair amount from the time that I volunteered, however.

I wanted to go primarily for games that we haven't ever done on SOTM before, and also games which are, by my estimation, accessible and fun. Here we go:

Batsugun Special - Toaplan 1993 - Arcade, Saturn

Donpachi - Cave 1995 - Arcade, Saturn, PS1 (we've done this one before, but it's been almost five years, I think it's fine to revisit, potentially)

Battle Bakraid - Raizing 1999 - Arcade

Hotdog Storm - Marble 1996 - Arcade

Mazinger Z - Banpresto 1994 - Arcade

Vids incoming

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I got Batsugun in November for Saturn and haven’t spent extensive time with it so that gets my vote!

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Good selection! Need to start submitting scores again...

Ajax

15 Year Member
Batsugun Special is dope. If any of the homies are curious about STGs, I would point them specifically to Batsugun Special.

Lachlan, participate please.

Gmeg, let's both post a score this month. 😭

Ajax

15 Year Member
Also, is it ok if I vote? Is that customary?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I wish I had batsugun. I only have Donpachi from the list, so my vote goes there.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yeah Great choices! I really want to play Bakraid with y'all. First board I owned after I got a cab again.

If we end up in Batsugun, I need to know whose dick I have to suck to get Special ROMs burned

Ajax

15 Year Member
I love all of these. Bakraid probably has the most potential for interesting score-based competition (maybe), but Batsugun Special is ultra accessible, and I imagine we could see some 2nd, 3rd, 4th loop action if that got chosen, which would also be dope.

I’m admittedly chasing the clear on Donpachi recently, so that was a selfish choice.

Also, I’ve had a pretty excellent experience using ShmupArch, which is like a STG-optimized version of RetroArch. I’m happy to help anybody get that going on their pc, if you like. I get that most people don’t have access to these PCBs.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If you dont pick Donpachi then I will go on a hunger strike

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Everybody change your vote to donpacho or i will fucking beat the shit out o fyou

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I'm a cave fanboy voting Batsugun Special only to annoy Sylvie.

And because it's awesome :D