SOTM August: U.N SQUADRON / AREA 88

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
thx for the hints.
I don't know why ANYONE thought it would be a great idea to hear a beeping noise the whole time while you are low on shield power - this is awful.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
What does this mean?

Mickey can't use his standard shot simultaneously with a special weapon?

no he was supposed to be able to fire 2 of the inventory weapons at once so for instance 2 t-lasers or 2 super shells but hes bugged so you really dont get any advantage from playing him unlike the other pilots

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
This game has never pulled me in. I've not been past stage 5. May give some more go on SNES.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This game has never pulled me in. I've not been past stage 5. May give some more go on SNES.

try buying the $300,000 jet as soon as you can its the most powerful jet for the money then when you get to the cave stage with that stupid flamethrower boss (hardest stage in the game IMO) farm money trucks for the $1,000,000 jet

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
no he was supposed to be able to fire 2 of the inventory weapons at once so for instance 2 t-lasers or 2 super shells but hes bugged so you really dont get any advantage from playing him unlike the other pilots

Oh ok. Thanks!

Well, IMO the SNES port is more difficult than the arcade original.

The SNES game can be a bit cumbersome. I've been playing the game off and on casually since I was a 4th grader and it didn't click with me until last october. Bitting the bullet with the stock ship is the way to go. Then milk enough to buy the priciest ship and weapons and voila.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Oh ok. Thanks!

Well, IMO the SNES port is more difficult than the arcade original.

The SNES game can be a bit cumbersome. I've been playing the game off and on casually since I was a 4th grader and it didn't click with me until last october. Bitting the bullet with the stock ship is the way to go. Then milk enough to buy the priciest ship and weapons and viola.

Yeah this is definitely the quickest way to do it however it does take a good amount of skill (or know how of the bosses workings) to beat a lot of these bosses with the first jet. for instance on the ground carrier if you position yourself right between the missile launchers on the base of the ship right above that first plane launcher and just high enough to shoot the weak point when it pops up you can just stay right at that spot and not get hit by anything. You can either blow up that plane launcher right away or the way i prefer to do it is to just bomb the planes with normal bombs when they come out.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
thx for the hints.
I don't know why ANYONE thought it would be a great idea to hear a beeping noise the whole time while you are low on shield power - this is awful.

If you keep practicing you'll eventually hear it less.;)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
omg I love this game. I will have to post some kind of score on this!

btw, What is the difference between the blue, green, and yellow power ups?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Mickey's advantage is that he gets TWICE the amount from a weapons rack ammo pickup. For example if Greg has 50 bombs and he picks up a weapons rack he will have 60, but Mickey will go from 50 to 70 instead.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I love to play the sequel Carrier Airwing. Does UN Squadron contain the same gameplay and is it worth buying if you have the sequel (original CPS1 Hardware) ?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
my new best Snes version Un squadron

joecommando-Shin-all 1,454,000

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
That's quite a jump from your prior, holy crap, congrats!

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Tyranix95 - Mickey - 6 - 232,620 - CPS1

Got to the Caves. Crashed 'n Burned. Don't drink and fly.

Missed the Shield bonus (lv 3) and the T.Lazer bonus (lv 5) along the way. Need to see if I can pick this up again. Anybody get these yet?

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Tyranix95 - Mickey - 6 - 232,620 - CPS1

Got to the Caves. Crashed 'n Burned. Don't drink and fly.

Missed the Shield bonus (lv 3) and the T.Lazer bonus (lv 5) along the way. Need to see if I can pick this up again. Anybody get these yet?

Thats the ONLY way to fly, my friend!

Also, I'm never consistant on picking up the bonuses, suppose I should work on that, an extra shield bonus is always nice.

thCA12WGH6.jpg

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Mendel - Shin - 9 - 466300 - CPS1
It´s so hard, I didnt even get to that boss (but the game scrolled to the boss after my death while the camera was charging flash)

YWukGj.jpg

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Knocked me down a nuge... and my plans to get more time in this weekend may be shot!!

3861_area_88.jpg

Attachments

• 1063229624.jpg
    1063229624.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Tumblin' tumble weeeeeds...

rear38.jpg

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'd imagine those two are still working on the counterstop. XD

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
jepjepjep - Shin - ALL - 1,207,430 - CPS1 (autofire)

I haven't played this one in a while, but was able to pick it up quickly. Fun game.

You need to move diagonal back-down from the very beginning in order to get the first tree, there's very little margin for error. After that, you just have to make sure to hit all the rest of the trees in the forest.

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Ah, last minute guy, ha. updated a few of mine, didn't really get to get back to this this month... felt this game would have gotten more attention... should be have done Gyruss?? lmao