...soooo...who is getting the new Iphone???

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
It's pretty cool, but $599 is a pretty steep price for another funky gizmo to carry around.

It has a small hard drive capacity compared to Apple's iPod line, and the WiFi internet option is essentially worthless to me, as hot spots (free ones, anyway) are very uncommon.

But, if you can load your own widgets from Mac OS X, that would be awesome.

I might get one, but at that price point it's not a must-have for me.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
599, that's like a college semester, a ps3, or a car.

Looks beautiful, but I am not a mac fan

BIG

sony fanboy
I'll get it when it shows up on TonK's fell-off-teh-truck sale.

:glee:

B-

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I'll admit it's impressive, and I love my mac and iPod, but it's just not for me.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Just like all the other Mac stuff, I'd buy it if I could afford it.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Won't there be a delay because Cisco is filing suit for the name rights?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
El_Duque said:
Won't there be a delay because Cisco is filing suit for the name rights?

I just laughed when I saw this on the news while I was eating breakfast this morning.

Nobody would ever know the 'iPhone' ever existed until Apple came out with it.

"Cisco? Who the fuck is Cisco?"

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i bought a new phone a few months ago, i'm not switching til i get tired of the blackberry.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I was expecting something like this from Apple.
My Treo650 is not cutting it anymore. But that's for work, it will
be replace with Blackberry Pearl. My personal one, will probably
be this one.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
You can't even install apps or edit documents on it... Pretty useless if you ask me.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I'll get one, but I might wait to see if a revision is out by X-Mas. I love my current phone, but I won't be able to resist the iPhone for long... :annoyed:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I still want a new phone.

This phone seems cool.

Can't wait to see how many trendsetters pick it up:tickled:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
this phone is sex.

For $600 I would never buy aPS3, but I would buy this phone in a heartbeat. The functionality is incredible. From web browsing to the voice messaging... it's like they redefined the way you interact with your phone to eliminate all the irritating parts and make it

AWESOME.

before you say shit about the phone, look at all the functions. They're incredible.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
SNKJorge said:
I was expecting something like this from Apple.
My Treo650 is not cutting it anymore. But that's for work, it will
be replace with Blackberry Pearl. My personal one, will probably
be this one.
pearl is an awesome phone. i just recently bought one. great phone especially for the cost you get a lot. and with the SD expansion you get a lot more out of it. i reccomend it all the way. pictures, internet, MP3's, whatever. wonderful little bugger. and an actual sleek phone from blackberry, haha it's a first.

DemiAngel

War Room Troll
This is one sexy phone! :drool_2:

I don't know about the price tag but i definitively getting one.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
subcons said:
I just laughed when I saw this on the news while I was eating breakfast this morning.

Read the news today as well, same ol' branding issues... However, I disagree with you about the popularity of the Cisco iPhone (distributed via Linksys), it's not that uncommon in business. The only thing which kept it from gaining more ground was/is its price, it's just too damn expensive for being a viable solution for small business or home use (SOHO).

On-topic: The Apple iPhone's functions sound great but the price puts me off, I also can't see a revolutionary new technology, it's the usual multimedia/mail/web/phone combo, just with a better CPU, pretty GUI and touch screen, sort of a DS + phone functions...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I don't use the fancy features any phone provides enough to justify spending that kinda cash on one.

That said, it is a bad ass phone.

Robi15

20 Year Member
It would be super if they somehow could add Skype to it.. Then when connected to internet you can make calls/chat/video conference etc for free..

The Safari and the browsing capabilities are amazing.

Robert

20 Year Member
I have just got a 2860 from Nokia so I'm not interested but it's pure eye candy...

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
i'll be in the market for one around xmas time or a little before...i'm hoping a gen.2 model will be out by then and knowing Apple, 6 months for a gen.2 is completely possible. personally I think only 8 gigs is kinda shitty and i'd expect a larger HD one to follow suit. i am also put off by the cingular exclusiveness, but that may be for just 6 months as welll, i'm not sure what the contract was...

aria

Former Moderator
I'm probably going to wait for the bugs to be worked out in the first version before considering going down that path. Got my attention though.

subcons said:

Wasn't he a rapper?

I guess "I phone" was one of his singles... Sort of like the way the hippity-hoppers say things like "I is what I is", thus they would also conceivably use "phone" as a verb with the same grammatical creativity and say "I phone" as in "I phone the ho"

:p

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm trying to figure out how this would benefit me. I know it puts certain things together, but wouldn't a nice little cellphone+a pocket computer be just as nice, if not nicer for less money?

I was so onto watching the news report, because it was advertised as this "Mysterious next big thing". The price just doesn't seem to pay for itself like some of the other deals.