Sony PVM's?

jox43w

New Challenger
First of all WOW this site brings back some memories ive not been on here in years, I sold all my retro stuff some years ago now how an amazing neo-geo collection but fell on hard times so it all had to go :(. I recently got the bug again and have been on the look out for some new gear.

I have recently found out about sony bvm's and pvm's, back in the day i never new these things existed they were pretty much unheard of amongst most retro gamers as far as i know,but from what i can gather the picture is amazing, im super excited about picking one of these up now and getting back into my retro stuff!

There seems to be quite a few diffrent models and i hear the 20" bvm is the one to get however im not having any luck finding one of those local to me. I have found the following one below local and actually in a shop which gives me 6 months warranty

Sony PVM-14M2E 14inch SDI Video Monitor

0231-2.jpg

0231-4.jpg

14crt Production Screen
600 TV Lines
4x3-16x9 Switchable
2x Composite inputs
YUV input
SDI input
110-240volts

Is this a good monitor and will it support RGB?

Thereis also this one

Sony PVM-20L420

but appears to have no control pannel on the front? however the description says this...

front panel control on side of monitor for options of inputs, colours, menus etc.

I can't see a control panel on the side in the pics, can anybody confirm is this set needs an external control panel or not?

0456-2.jpg

0456-3.jpg

Much thanks!

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Go for the 20L4 - its got a HR Trinitron tube, a larger screen size and is a newer model. Control buttons are on both sides of the screen as illuminated touch buttons.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member