Sonic Fighters,VF2 and Fighting Vipers coming to XBLA and PSN?!!!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It really is a shame how long it took SEGA to start taking advantage of its back catalog of fighters. You have to figure these could have been used in some way to promote Final Showdown.

Regardless, my brothers and I had wars in Virtua Fighter 2. It was the only game we had on our Saturn for a long while because we grew up really poor. I'm still surprised we even got the Saturn (it was the only present the three of us got Christmas '95). Great memories. I was always Jacky and my brothers were always Shun Di and Akira respectively.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
It really is a shame how long it took SEGA to start taking advantage of its back catalog of

I don't think you realize how broke SEGA is right now, they're in such bad shape that the only thing they could do was re-release games to build back up finances. Emulation is easy money with minimal work.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Well I will buy everything just about that they put on XBL/PSN as far as their arcade titles go.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I will pick up Fighting Vipers for sure. I expect it to be a port of the Dreamcast release.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hopefully they are done like the fantastic Daytona port. I <3 VF2.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
On this, also Revenge of Shinobi is a buck for you PSN folk for this week only

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Fighting Viper?! Now THIS is what I've been waiting for. Now go on ahead release Fighters Megamix and Last Bronx while you're at it.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
man sega has been beasting lately! if you have a steering wheel, playstation move gun setup and a arcade stick... no company had you covered like sega recently! I hope sega continues this trend and we get sega golden gun ported to the move, that game is like a crazy china theemed house of the dead sequel, I loved it when I tried it. Or perhaps even more important would be a virtua cop 3 port!

virtua fighter 5 FS was actually the first fighting game I ever bought DLC costumes for, I am still more or less against the concept, but I had no problem paying the extra to sega this time around since they have been making me real happy lately and apparently need the support.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I really need to pick up the Japanese version of Fighting Vipers now that I've got a Saturn. I just wanna use Pepsiman for shits and giggles. That'd be awesome if they could get the rights to use him again. I haven't played it since 99' when I played it in Disney World. For some reason they had the US version and the Japanese version in a few hotel game rooms. (I still have no idea why the one girl character is either Honey or Candy) VF2 I'm all in it for. If they can get the online to be as silky smooth as Final Showdown then it'll be amazing to play that with some high level players. And as Complexz said, I'd kill for a port of Virtua Cop 3. I really hope my local Dave and Busters didn't get rid of the cab they had. It was such a pain to find and whenever I did I'd credit feed the game to the end.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I wait for the day Sega releases Dreamcast titles with full online support. I want to play Outtrigger, Propeller Arena, and Alien Front Online so bad!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Enjoyed,VF2&FV allot on the saturn so thumbs up for sega if they do release it on PSN&XBAL.Still sega needs to get off there collective asses and release (Golden Axe The Revenge of Death Adder) for PSN&XBALA to while there at it.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I wait for the day Sega releases Dreamcast titles with full online support. I want to play Outtrigger, Propeller Arena, and Alien Front Online so bad!

The day that happens this will happen across the world
south_park_randy.jpg

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
VF2 and Fighting Vipers on XBLA? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
The day that happens this will happen across the world
south_park_randy.jpg

I am glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. At least people might finally see that the Saturn was a great console!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I am glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. At least people might finally see that the Saturn was a great console!

I doubt anyone but saturn fans of yore would buy this. Just doubt the COD generation will care about 15 year old fighters

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
this shit is about to get GOT.

p.s. I have a guilty conscience. I had no clue what Sonic the Fighters was until now. I'd heard the name for years and never researched it for some odd reason. Now I know what It is and I'll be snatching it up just because.

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Will we finally get a perfect port of Virtua Fighter 2 for the home console? I'm excited.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
What y'all know about that Virtua Fighter 2 soundtrack? 90s videogame music was untouchable