Sonic 30th Anniversary (SONIC CENTRAL)

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Sega announced Sonic Colors: Ultimate during its Sonic Central event today. It is coming out on September 7.

Pre-Order

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
what the fuck did theY DO to this character design? Is that supposed be a joke, that they redesigned him to look like it's someone wearing a fursuit/basketball mascot costume, or what?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
what the fuck did theY DO to this character design? Is that supposed be a joke, that they redesigned him to look like it's someone wearing a fursuit/basketball mascot costume, or what?

Yes, Sonic characters look really strange on all DLC (Theme Hospital and all other games) :oops:
And the "mascot costume" :ROFLMAO:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Over Generations? I’m not knocking your choice I liked both. It is good more people will get to play Colors.
Yeah, I liked the power ups in Colors and Generations is more of a greatest hits album than a truly original game. I do love it, though.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yes, Sonic characters look really strange on all DLC (Theme Hospital and all other games) :oops:
And the "mascot costume" :ROFLMAO:
they dont just look strange, they look like shit, and they're embarrassing

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yeah... no thanks. I like a good Sonic game like everyone else but I'm fed up with remakes and remasters.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Colors is a very good game, i enjoyed it a lot. Might get this if I see it on sale.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I thought this game looked pretty good on the Wii back then. I played Generations on the series x and its gorgeous though.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hopefully the new mainline game is a return to form.

I think they were on a really good run with Colors, Generations, and Lost World. You could see the growing pains with Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Unleashed that led to the polished experiences of the latter three games.

But then Forces sucked so hard. Glad they went back to the drawing board instead of following it up with more of the same.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The peak of Sonic came out close to 30 years ago.

Anyone else remember the hype of Sonic Adventure with the Dreamcast? That seemed like the future.
Just because we're not getting something as good as Sonic 2 again doesn't mean it's all bad. I'd rather we had Sonic Colors and Sonic Mania than not, even if we had to put up with Sonic '06 and Shadow the Edgelord to get them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Sonic Advance games were pretty good, from what I remember
In general, all the 2D platformer games in the series have been good.

Obviously the core four Genesis platformers plus Sonic CD and Chaotix. The 8-bit Game Gear/Master System games are well-regarded if unspectacular. Sonic Pocket Adventure, Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Rush 1 and 2, Sonic Colors DS, Sonic Generations 3DS, and Sonic Mania are all solid to great. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was a pretty big disappointment (Episode II was way better than Episode I but by then nobody cared) but I cant think of any 2D platformers in the series that are outright bad.

It's the 3D platformers and spin-offs that have destroyed the reputation of the series. Even those have more good games than bad, but the bad games are so spectacularly bad that they poison everyone's perception of the series at large. Sonic '06, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Forces, Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic Free Riders, not one but THREE games based on the shitty cartoon Sonic Boom, shitty remakes and ports, etc.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
New Famitsu Scans Clarify Tails as Support Character in Sonic Colors Ultimate.

0ll3tfr.jpg

sources :
http://segabits.com/blog/2021/05/27...ing-to-famitsu-sonic-colors-ultimate-screens/
https://www.famitsu.com/news/202106/03222559.html

Famitsu

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hardcore Sonic fans are possibly the worst fans of anything ever. They are legitimately frightening.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'd be interested in a minimally branded G-Shock...