Some MVS questions

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, I was seriously thinking about buying an MVS board, and I figured some of the tech heads could inform me about what I need (besides the board and carts) can I hook it up to a television set? If not, where can I find RGB monitors at decent prices? I have no knowledge about arcade boards and no shame, so please answer me!

------------------
You can not escape from death.
geese.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Mister Kunio:
Well, I was seriously thinking about buying an MVS board, and I figured some of the tech heads could inform me about what I need (besides the board and carts) can I hook it up to a television set? If not, where can I find RGB monitors at decent prices? I have no knowledge about arcade boards and no shame, so please answer me!

You need to purchase a Supergun to play a Neo-Geo MVS board (i.e. Jamma boards) on your television. You can purchase a Supergun from one of the following dealers:

Great Western Trading
http://www.gwtrading.com/hga.shtml

MAS Systems
http://www.massystems.com/SuperNova.html

I'm selling an MVS 1-slot board that has Neo-Geo cart system joystick ports in the selling section of this message board. What this means to you is: you can use regular Neo-Geo / Neo-Geo CD joysticks instead of wiring arcade sticks to the board. I'm asking $175 for this board, but I'll hear out any reasonable offer.

Please e-mail me at neolord@ispchannel.com

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 15, 2000).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
If not, where can I find RGB monitors at decent prices? I have no knowledge about arcade boards and no shame, so please answer me!
[/B]

The same two places sell RGB monitors.
smile.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

S

Silent_Scope

I called MAS this Monday coz I want to get Super Nova and some games they have. I've called twice and the lady says that she'll get back to me within one day or two. And I've never heard anything from her again....
Just wonder what kinda service are they running? Or it just happened to me???
Anyone?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
I called MAS this Monday coz I want to get Super Nova and some games they have. I've called twice and the lady says that she'll get back to me within one day or two. And I've never heard anything from her again....
Just wonder what kinda service are they running? Or it just happened to me???
Anyone?

It's not you, Silent Scope (great game BTW!). I called MAS Systems to order some
custom Neo joysticks, and the woman on the other end (who was apparently caring for a
screaming baby) said she would fill my order and mail a catalogue to my house. Of course,
that was 4 years ago...

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 15, 2000).]

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, a few months ago, I emailed MAS and told them I was interested in a Super NOVA. They never got back to me, so I guess they weren't interested in my money.

Great Western didn't mind my money though, and I like my HGA. ^_^

S

Silent_Scope

Yeah, NeoLord. The woman with crying baby. She's the one. 4 years ago and her baby is still crying like that? Just wonder. I called MAS on Monday night right after I finished my finals. Thy woman wrote down my name and everything and promosed to call me back. I've called her two times and she said she'll get back with me next day or so. She never did. She'll make a least $1000 from me if they take my order right away. Now is too late.............

I recently tried to order 2 NEO MAS joysticks, but over a couple days they couldn't pick up the phone and be bothered during regular business hours.

Who knows how many dollars they piss away.

S

Silent_Scope

blame to that woman........
Or Are they almost out of business?

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Personally, I have given up on MAS. Once when I tried to contact them about getting a Dreamcast/Saturn/PlayStation/Neo-Geo compatible controller made, they never e-mailed me back. It is a damn shame that they are so unresponsive.

Oh, if only Great Western Trading made console joysticks as well. The HGA sticks have spoiled me.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

t_ukyo

n00b
MISTER KUNIO,if you're already interested
in playing mvs games on your tv,i could
e-mail you a simple shematic
for a small jamma converter

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by t_ukyo:
MISTER KUNIO,if you're already interested
in playing mvs games on your tv,i could
e-mail you a simple shematic
for a small jamma converter

Can you e-mail this schematic to me as well? I'd like to make this a side project just to see how it works!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
Yeah, NeoLord. The woman with crying baby. She's the one. 4 years ago and her baby is still crying like that? Just wonder. I called MAS on Monday night right after I finished my finals. Thy woman wrote down my name and everything and promosed to call me back. I've called her two times and she said she'll get back with me next day or so. She never did. She'll make a least $1000 from me if they take my order right away. Now is too late.............

I think she sill babysits on the side ( I remember her telling me that she babysitted a long time ago). Of course, she could just love having children.
biggrin.gif
This should
explain the crying children people hear every time they call MAS, but with this aside, their service has hit rock bottom. I was able to purchase a Supergun from them last year, but I spoke to some guy instead (did this make a difference? Apparently it did, because my order was filled and item was shipped promptly).

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 04, 2001).]

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have been exchanging emails with MAS Systems of late, and they have responded every time I emailed them, always within twenty-four hours. Perhaps they fired the screaming-baby woman?
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have been exchanging emails with MAS Systems of late, and they have responded every time I emailed them, always within twenty-four hours. Perhaps they fired the screaming-baby woman?
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

eaglesfan

Quiz Detective
What email address do you use when you email
MAS systems? Who do you deal with?
Thanks.

mliu92

n00b
For what it's worth - Analog Devices has schematics to use their chips (AD722/AD724 - each are appox. $10) on-line at http://www.analog.com/ - do a search for the AD722 or AD724 & download the PDF datasheets. The (fairly simple-looking ... I've contemplated doing this but haven't yet) schematics detail how to use the chips to convert RGB output to S-Video and Composite.

BTW here at work I have an old-style 1-slot sitting under my desk ... links to a site I found to build your own SuperGun ... time on my hands ... I hope to have my home-brew 'Gun up and working by March, I'll let anyone who wants to know how it's going.

Cheers - Mike

JoeHigashi

n00b
whats the point in spending $300, when it will cost you less than $150?

all you need is the old MVS 1-slot board and a jamma connector and some original snk joysticks to plug in to the board