SOLD

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Guys, it's a regular NES. Only visible clue that it's been modded is that it has one of these installed. It does have a new 72pin connector.

http://www.lizardlick.com/Neutrik-NE8FDP-B-RJ45-Feed-Through-Black_p_223.html

This is an Ethernet port which the RGB, GND, and +5v are wired to. PURE RGB, just to be clear, there is no converter of any type, no component, composite, or svideo. If you want those, you'd have to add something like a JROK.

I will post pictures of the console itself once I get home.

Here are pictures of the difference in output though.

Original:

composite.jpg

RGB:

component.jpg

Last edited:

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
RGB through an ethernet port wtf :eek: Is the other end of the ethernet cable open wire?

Just out of curiosity why is an RGB amp needed? Is the rgb from the nes not standard 0.7Vpp?

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Lol you guys, you're killing me. You guys think ethernet cables are special? they're just a bunch of wires in a nice little connector. I chose cause it looks so much neater, nicer, and more modern than that janky din connectors.

It depends on what you're using it for if you need the amp or not. I didn't need it when connecting to my arcade monitor, but I did when connecting to a JROK.

RGB through an ethernet port wtf :eek: Is the other end of the ethernet cable open wire?

Just out of curiosity why is an RGB amp needed? Is the rgb from the nes not standard 0.7Vpp?

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I wasn't making the claim that ethernet was some kind of special cable, it's just a odd port to use for video signals. DIN, BNC, RCA, DB15, SCART is the norm.

Not knocking your mod or anything just popped out at me when I saw you used a ethernet port :)

edit: BTW I hate all of those connectors I mentionend above also. Especially SCART.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wooow, in france all the nes are in rgb and it costs like 15/20 euros, i should take some french nes with me next time I go to usa ^^

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
wooow, in france all the nes are in rgb and it costs like 15/20 euros, i should take some french nes with me next time I go to usa ^^

not true rgb. converted from lesser video..... :( only if it was that easy...