*SOLD*: Street Fighter 2 CE cab with SF2:Turbo and SSF2X

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Hi,

I would like to sell my Street Fighter II cab!

20200903-200701.jpg

20200903-200825.jpg

20200905-144515.jpg

When I brought it home it was just an empty shell. It had no side art, marquee, monitor, or control panel.

I restored it to look like a Big Blue SFII:CE cab...but I am pretty sure it is not an original big blue. I am not really sure what it was but it looks very similar. The blue paint looks to be original. The bottom front has been painted black.

The cab is in very good shape.
It has some scuffs, chips, and cracks in the paint and cab. Mostly in the back.

The large marquee sign and the side art decals are original capcom big blue pieces and look great. I had to screw down a black pvc piece to hold the large plexi marquee in place.

The monitor is in great condition. The picture is excellent. It has a remote board which is underneath the control panel.

The art that surrounds the monitor is not original. It looks ehhhh okay. I do have an original but it didn't really fit.

The control panel is custom with repro art. It looks great but the throw on the joysticks is a tad short. The holes in the CP are little too deep. It still plays great despite that. Just takes a little time to get used to is all.
The controls are IL sticks with paradise arcade buttons. All the controls work great.

I replaced all the wiring. It has an easy swap connector for switching between cps1 and cps2 kick controls thanks to an adapter from Jamma X. This can be done by lifting up the control panel and swapping the connectors.

I installed a Q-Sound Amp in it and it is wired so you can easily swap between the Q-Sound amp or the Jamma sound. This can be done via the coin door.

The boards that are in the cab are Street Fighter II Turbo (version 921209 etc) and Super Street Fighter 2 X (the board was purchased from mainman and the roms are phoenixed). I made a shelf to easily swap the jamma harness between the two. Which can be done through the coin door.

I installed a speaker grille for it as the original cab only had holes cut into the cab.

I also put in the marquee light as well.

Here is a gallery with pics of just about every angle of the cabinet, the inside wiring, and the damage.

I am asking $1000 for it.
If this is totally off the mark please let me know. I put a lot of work into it but that probably doesn't mean much...

I live in upstate New York. Zipcode is 13411

Thank you and have a great day!

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great cab and at a great price.

You are including two boards with the cab?
If so you are too kind!

You will most likely get $1000 with a single pcb and another $200 for the other pcb.

Vinsanity

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This looks like a first gen big blue to me. Looks pretty good--you even went the extra mile, and put in a Q-sound amp.

Anyway, I was wondering why you believe that it's not a big blue?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
This looks like a first gen big blue to me. Looks pretty good--you even went the extra mile, and put in a Q-sound amp.

Anyway, I was wondering why you believe that it's not a big blue?

Mostly because the large marquee did not fit. And because there was no black speaker grille. It only had small holes cut in the cab that looked like they were from the factory.

20200905-144303.jpg

Last edited:

Vinsanity

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotcha. You did such amazing work on the grille, that I didn't notice. This is a good deal--best of luck on your sale.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Gotcha. You did such amazing work on the grille, that I didn't notice. This is a good deal--best of luck on your sale.

I wish the folks on craigslist thought the same. Every time I tell them the price they don't bother replying lol.

Oh and yeah you don't really notice when the room is not lit up like when I took the picture.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wish the folks on craigslist thought the same. Every time I tell them the price they don't bother replying lol.

Oh and yeah you don't really notice when the room is not lit up like when I took the picture.

People undercut prices on Craigslist all the time, so you need to put the price at 1500 obo.
Or let them know it is $1000 firm and to not waste your time. If they do tell them the cab is now $1250 for being a dick.

Have you tried listing the cab on KLOV?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
People undercut prices on Craigslist all the time, so you need to put the price at 1500 obo.
Or let them know it is $1000 firm and to not waste your time. If they do tell them the cab is now $1250 for being a dick.

Have you tried listing the cab on KLOV?

Yeah I have noticed that lol. I'm not great at haggling.
I have not posted the cabs on KLOV yet. I have only a couple posts over there so I don't know how that will go. But if I don't get any bites I will give it a go.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Very beautiful cab, i wish you live near me

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Man this thing is dope, and with the two boards as well, this is frankly dirt cheap! If I was anywhere near this, I would scoop! Good luck with your sale!

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Thanks for encouragement guys! The cab is sold. From the sound of it I should have charged a little more. Oh well. I am sure the person who bought it will enjoy it more than I was these past few years. It was a fun project and kept me distracted for a bit. But I think I wanted it more for the nostalgic memoirs than actually playing it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Glad to see that you got it to move, especially during these times.