Sol Cresta (PS4, Switch, PC)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Gematsu said:
Shoot ’em up Sol Cresta will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on December 9 for $39.99 / €39.99 / 3,980 yen, developer PlatinumGames announced.

PlatinumGames also announced the “Sol Cresta Dramatic Downloadable Content,” which will add a new, voiced story mode written by creative director Hideki Kamiya. More information about the downloadable content will be announced at a later date.

Read more about Sol Cresta here.

Watch a new set of gameplay videos below. View the first screenshots of the “Sol Cresta Dramatic Downloadable Content” at the gallery.

Source

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Looks decent but $39.99/$49.99 is pretty fucking steep. With the physical you should be able to get most of your money back if you decide to sell it in the future, but fuck $40 for digital. The physical of Dangun Feveron is selling for $80 on ebay compared to $45 which was the retail price.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I like how it looks. It's kind of weird, it reminds me of that psx/ps2 era when making sequels and updates for classic games was all the rage and genuinly fresh. Feels like we are accessing the farther past vía an intermediate past which was playfully modern and a little brazen but now feels a little outdated. Unprecedented times in the echoverse

(Echoverse, I like the sound of that. You saw it here first)

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Also fuck limited run games and all those similar companies. If physical must die then let it die, the way it's being kept alive is cringey as fuck. Yes preservation is important, but the very fact this enterprise calls itself limited run games is litterally uninspired shit

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The Japanese physical has already been announced. No need to jump to Limited Run if you don't like them. Shmups in general seem to be good about Japanese physical releases.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Steam page: