Sol Cresta: A sordid tale of lust, drugs, and greed

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

He kinda gives it a meh rating, not good or bad.

Lest we not forget this is Sol Cresta Drama(tic) edition no less.

Last edited:

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I thought Terra Cresta on the NES was all right. Nothing to write home about, but a decent enough shooter on a system not really bursting at the seams with them. I'll probably check out this new one on switch at some point. Looks fairly generic from the gameplay video I saw of it though, but could be interesting. I'm intrigued by the strategic element of switching formation on the fly.

I've got to say though, I'm a bit confused by the Paprium-esque level of drama/interest this game seems to be getting. I mean, there are hundreds of shmups from small devs that have popped up on switch and ps4 over the past few years. Why isn't this one just lost in the shuffle of mediocrity like the rest? Why is it receiving so much interest? It certainly doesn't look like anything remarkable, and it's not from a particularly storied franchise or anything.

???

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I've got to say though, I'm a bit confused by the Paprium-esque level of drama/interest this game seems to be getting. I mean, there are hundreds of shmups from small devs that have popped up on switch and ps4 over the past few years. Why isn't this one just lost in the shuffle of mediocrity like the rest? Why is it receiving so much interest? It certainly doesn't look like anything remarkable, and it's not from a particularly storied franchise or anything.
Platinum Games has a raging-erection fanbase. That's all.

Something you'll never see A Platinum fanboy mention is that formation changing and/or multiple part joining was a staple in Nichibutsu shmups, not just a Terra Cresta thing. Because they don't even know what Nichibutsu is, just that Sol Cresta is a Platinum Games title.

Last edited: