Soft Drinks of the World Unite!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I like how it only got to the second message before cane sugar was mentioned. High fructose corn syrup is ruining American grocery aisles.

cafe-cola.-glass.jpg

Last edited:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Virgil's Root Beer....amazing stuff:

virgils.jpg

AND...thae company that makes Virgil's also makes my personal favorite, Reed's Ginger Ale:

home.jpg

Aw man that shit is so good...

I didn't know they made ice cream too...fugn' a!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think I saw the Dr. Pepper bottling factory on Food Network a while back. They mentioned how they still use the same bottles when people recycle them. They say they pretty much get the bottles back, clean them out and fill them and sell them again, pretty cool. I'd like to try it with the real pure cane sugar..
Pepsi was much better when it was in refillable longnecks..

is Tab any good?

I remember I used to drink Vault a lot because it was cheap as hell.

I used to like RC

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Vegitabeta is great stuff, as well as Smart Apple and Aquarius. Gotta love Asian sodas.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Inca Kola is pretty strange. A friend of mine brought two bottles back for me from peru. It tastes like a tangy champagne cola, and looks like lama piss.

I really love Sun Drop. Seven up makes it and it's only made down south. I had a friend of mine who went to South Carolina bring me some back. He also brought me a can of Cheerwine, which is also exclusive to the south.

Hey, if theres root beer and ginger ale, it obviously makes sense to make a cheer wine. Right?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Sun Drop is great, I also love Cheerwine (which is only distributed in the Carolinas and Georgia).

Inca Cola was pretty gross.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Just found this yesterday:

cola.jpg

All natural ingredients and no HFCS or phosphoric acid. Tastes a lot like Coke, actually, but just a bit different. Definitely a nice surprise.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Mexican Coke!

After that, I used to be more into different sodas, but not so much anymore.

There was one that has stuck with me though, probably because I have never been able to find it again. It came in a gift basket that I took home from work (no one else wanted it) of things made in Tennessee. It was called JC's (or some two letter initials) Strawberry Patch Soda. Made with real cane sugar and it was amazing.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Mexican Coke!

After that, I used to be more into different sodas, but not so much anymore.

There was one that has stuck with me though, probably because I have never been able to find it again. It came in a gift basket that I took home from work (no one else wanted it) of things made in Tennessee. It was called JC's (or some two letter initials) Strawberry Patch Soda. Made with real cane sugar and it was amazing.
:up:
don't you mean Columbian
(Hahahahahahahahhaahah)

anywhom back to the thread.

another great drink

Tango a nice orangeade drink

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Does that say American Ginger Ale? Is there a big difference between American and European Ginger Ale?

America Ginger Ale :::::: Ginger Beer.

Yes, well kinda, Ginger Ale is used as a mix drink and is like say a soda with a dash of ginger. I think it is mainly referred to as 'American' Ginger Ale.

Ginger Beer is like a dedicated fizzy Ginger drink and tastes much stronger.

Aside from the usual Pepsi, Dr Pepper etc, I am quite partial to an English soft drink called 'Dandelion and Burdock', but it is a little hard to find a decent brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_and_burdock

fentimans-dandelion.jpg

Last edited:

dark penguin

America Ginger Ale :::::: Ginger Beer.

Yes, well kinda, Ginger Ale is used as a mix drink and is like say a soda with a dash of ginger. I think it is mainly referred to as 'American' Ginger Ale.

Ginger Beer is like a dedicated fizzy Ginger drink and tastes much stronger.

Aside from the usual Pepsi, Dr Pepper etc, I am quite partial to an English soft drink called 'Dandelion and Burdock', but it is a little hard to find a decent brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_and_burdock

Ok...that's exactly how Ginger Ale and Ginger Beer are classified in North America, but without the "American" part.

BTW...that sig is awesome.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Strolling down the aisles today at the Mart of Wals (shopping for the usual boring shit), I noticed a rather interesting type of pop which wasn't in the regular pop aisle. This pop called "Barrilitos" was in the Latin Foods section. It's Made in Mexico, and sure enough, made with sugar. (not High Fructose Corn Syrup) :)

Anyway, they're 25.2 oz bottles, and only 2 for a dollar. The store had two flavors: Pineapple, and Tangerine. I wasn't sure if it sucked or not, so I only grabbed one of each flavor. Both flavors are actually pretty good, so I'll likely buy more sometime. I know some people (including myself) prefer pop made with real sugar, so I figured I'd post up since this is inexpensive.

barrilitos_1.jpg

barrilitos_ingredients.jpg

dark penguin

Damn, haven't seen you around much lately.

Are those 1up mushroom bedsheets in the background?

Strolling down the aisles today at the Mart of Wals (shopping for the usual boring shit), I noticed a rather interesting type of pop which wasn't in the regular pop aisle. This pop called "Barrilitos" was in the Latin Foods section. It's Made in Mexico, and sure enough, made with sugar. (not High Fructose Corn Syrup) :)

Anyway, they're 25.2 oz bottles, and only 2 for a dollar. The store had two flavors: Pineapple, and Tangerine. I wasn't sure if it sucked or not, so I only grabbed one of each flavor. Both flavors are actually pretty good, so I'll likely buy more sometime. I know some people (including myself) prefer pop made with real sugar, so I figured I'd post up since this is inexpensive.

barrilitos_1.jpg

barrilitos_ingredients.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just found this yesterday:

cola.jpg

All natural ingredients and no HFCS or phosphoric acid. Tastes a lot like Coke, actually, but just a bit different. Definitely a nice surprise.

nice, so it won't fuck with your tooth enamel but still gives you the same great heart attacks that red bull abusers have come to know and love

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Red Bull is good for mixing with vodka, and indeed was probably invented and is intended solely for that purpose. The people who drink it without alcohol during the day are insane and confused.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
Beer.jpg

is always great if you want a fizzy lifting drink with serious flavor.

but don't drink if if you can't handle strong flavors