so what is the best phone company to hookup with on your cell

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
my family wanted to surprise me with a new cell phone but who should i go to? what is the best plan and the best company to get it from

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I like Verizon the best, although they're a little chinchy with their minutes. Cingular is ok, and Sprint is shit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cingular is good, Verizon is ok, T-Mobile and Sprint are crap.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
nextel nigga, just got the new i870, 1.3mp camera, walkie talkie, video, SD memory slot, MP3 player, bluetooth, was 200 after my rebates. i was using the i730, this new phone makes that look like a dinosaur.

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Cell Phone Providers.

They all suck. Cell phones are crap and they give you cancer. Go buy I a pack of cigarettes instead. Think, you' ll be married to that stupid payment for at least a year. Oh, don't get married either.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tsubaki said:
They all suck. Cell phones are crap and they give you cancer. Go buy I a pack of cigarettes instead. Think, you' ll be married to that stupid payment for at least a year. Oh, don't get married either.

wow..
over the summer I was thinking about getting a new cell phone
and I ended up getting cigs instead

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
wow..
over the summer I was thinking about getting a new cell phone
and I ended up getting cigs instead

:lol: I know. Looking at this guy, maybe it's true that you will get brain cancer? :loco:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cell Phone Salesmen are just about the biggest lying, dirty thieves on the planet.

They are a step above Army Recruiters, Used Car Salesmen and Mix CD Vendors.

They are a step below the Persian 400-in-one NES famiclone salemen at Mall Kiosks.
They are also a step below the Arab Mall Kiosk Venders that sell Cell Phone assesories that break or take a shit within a month.

Don't know who's the best, but I would avoid Cingular. Dropouts, missed calls, and enough holes in the network to make one nutty.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
T-Mobile's only good in major cities and if you travel out of the US regularly. Verizon seems to have the best overall coverage, especially in rural areas.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I have had

PRIMECO (RIP)
AT&T
ALLTEL
VERIZON

So far Verizon has been very good all in all. Mostly only drops when way out in the stix, and even then sometimes it works.

Something I noticed jumping brand to brand, phone model to phone model is that almost all cell phones will start having dropping issues etc.. when they are over 2 years old.

Its probably a coincidence...but I have had about 4-5 models from each of the above companies. Each time I changed phone models my service worked fine for a few years.

Conspriacy I tell you :annoyed:

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Truth is they all suck. And what sucks more than the service providers are the cell phone manufacturers. I haven't found one truly durable cell phone yet.

I have Cingular, and I give them credit though, because where I live I get a signal with Cingular and my friend's Verizon doesn't get a signal. But I hate Cingular quite a bit, anyway.

Get whatever is reasonably cheap.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
When I got my phone 2 years ago, verizon had the best overall coverage, which is what mattered to me most, since I live out in the boondocks. My only complaint with it in 2 years is how weird the coverage is sometimes. Spotty isn't the right word, because 95% of the time it's great. It's just some areas, in urban areas no less, I get no signal whatsoever, and it's always been this way. Donno if they just neg.ected to put a tower in that area or what. It just puzzles me because I get a better signal way out in the middle of farmland than I do in the middle of a moderately sized town.

Matt

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the one with the biggest tits and the best ass you stupid fuck/

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Force said:
When I got my phone 2 years ago, verizon had the best overall coverage, which is what mattered to me most, since I live out in the boondocks. My only complaint with it in 2 years is how weird the coverage is sometimes. Spotty isn't the right word, because 95% of the time it's great. It's just some areas, in urban areas no less, I get no signal whatsoever, and it's always been this way. Donno if they just neg.ected to put a tower in that area or what. It just puzzles me because I get a better signal way out in the middle of farmland than I do in the middle of a moderately sized town.

Matt

It's all about line of sight. A building can cause interference, while out in the farmland it's clear for days.

Eric

Fight On!,
Force said:

Matt

Verizon sucks ass in Los Angeles. Seemed to work great in New York City.

I live in Los Angeles.

So I switched to Cingular. Has been working great so far. Don't have to hunt around for signal anymore. (I found a few locations on campus where i was usually guaranteed signal. Had to walk to those spots just to make a call each time)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Can you hear me now?... Good!

I had to throw that line in, even though I fucking hate it to death.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Eric said:
Verizon sucks ass in Los Angeles. Seemed to work great in New York City.

I live in Los Angeles.

So I switched to Cingular. Has been working great so far. Don't have to hunt around for signal anymore. (I found a few locations on campus where i was usually guaranteed signal. Had to walk to those spots just to make a call each time)

nextel is the hot carrier of nyc. cingular is a dead dog with fleas.

I have cingule
I knowl.