So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Lets take a look at the list of upcoming games.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Maker
Mario Party 10
The Legend of Zelda
Splatoon
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Devil's Third

I'm in for Zelda and Xenoblade, the rest...probably not.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
In for that whole list Magician posted. Splatoon I'm more on the edge for but I think that kid 1 may be old enough for a controller by then.

And Devil's Third I have high hopes for. This is the guy that made Ninja Gaiden.Itagaki may be bombastic and have delusions of grandeur, but the guy knows how to have fun and make good games.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
For those of you who are planning on getting it, the USB dongle for Gamecube controller support has jumped in price from $19.99 to over $80 on ebay and amazon. Reason? Shortage from Nintendo like all their other peripherals. If you didnt get it now, hope for an increase in production soon.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I saw that the other day when my friend told me he was having problems connecting. You'd think they'd stock them on their own site after all of the Smash Brothers videos where showing them off saying that you should get it so you have a better stable connection. It's bullshit that people are jacking the prices up on them. I saw there was some third party adapters off of Amazon for 20 bucks so you're best checking them out. Thankfully I had bought it only a few months after I got my Wii at launch. At the time my router and the Wii did not like each other and the updates and downloading games off the eShop took FOREVER and the adapter cleared it up real fast.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm not buying into getting a gamecube controller for my Smash bros. that may not be good for much else. The Wii U pro controller is fine and quite frankly so is the gamepad as a controller. It's a simplistic game as far as the controls are concerned. Christ, my gamecube is still hooked up if I want to play SSB on it. There's also the 3rd party Wii U Fight Pad Controller which connects right to the system and has the appearance of a GCN controller.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Playing in the bedroom while the lady watches TV. The tablet was such a good idea. Dunno why Sony doesn't make a phablet Vita for PS4.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
So I just bought a WiiU 32gb + Mario Kart 8 for 260euros (321$) which is cheap here since the usual price is 300euros (371$). Also I bought Bayonetta 1+2, NintendoLand, Smash 4 and Wonderful 101. So far loving everything. Mario Kart looks incredible and the vibe from W101 is hype as shit. I dare to say I like it more than Bayonetta...?

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Now that the WiiU has been out for a while, it's really built a strong library of games. The PS4 and Xbone really have nothing appealing for me.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Holy fucking shit Batman! Hope this game comes with a bib!

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's looking like I'm going to need to take a week off of work when this drops. Open world Zelda is looking fucking amazing.

Also, this was funny.
MrFH2ap.jpg

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yeah, that Zelda footage put the hype train into full speed.

And Star Fox Wii U in 2015?

Pretty sweet.

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
The Wii U really is shaping up well now, good to see!

The new Zelda looks stunning!

Just caved in and ordered some amiibo's. The best ones from what I have seen, Mario, Fox and Samus! I dont collect figures at all but wanted to dive in and see what these things have to offer in termes of extras on my Wii U games now and future!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Crazy to see prices on some of these Amiibos....I just happened to be in Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago picking up stuff for my daughter's bday and saw 1 Marth figure, which thankfully I bought. I almost didn't buy it because the box was a little damaged, but so glad i did because it look like it is sold out everywhere and selling for dumb prices.

Maybe I'll go ahead and pre-order the last few I want - I'm sure a similar thing will happen with Meta Knight since he's a best buy exclusive...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I did to at Target yesterday, I feel so dirty paying for content that's on the disc. I went with the Link one since he can unlock a track suit in Mario Kart and the Spinner weapon in Hyrule Warriors is awesome. Having the little thing running around in the game is awesome. I love being able to "train" them and you see how they get better over time. It'd be pretty insane fighting level 50's that learn from the pros.

I saw a story online of this kid who trained up a Fox Amiibo and entered it into a local tournament and the little toy ended up getting third place in the tournament!

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Finally picked up a Wii U Mario 3D bundle, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Wind Waker, and a pro controller all in a single swoop. Phenomenal. What's the word on Captain Toad, anyone playing it yet?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Finally picked up a Wii U Mario 3D bundle, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Wind Waker, and a pro controller all in a single swoop. Phenomenal. What's the word on Captain Toad, anyone playing it yet?

Yep looks like it

DYK Gaming has a small factoid on the game in their latest Mario video.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
What's this shit online with Nintendo saying their discontinuing Marth, Wii-Fit Trainer and The Villager as Amiibo's and they won't be making anymore GCN Adapters? I think somebody is just drumming up panic to drive the prices higher. I don't think they'd be that stupid to discontinue stuff before the holidays.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Just picked up these 3 amiibos, never purchased any figures like this so interested to see how they work with the Wii U games!

Pretty cool as well!

fn7nk3.jpg

34fnmh5.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
They need an Amiibo world or builder like Infinity.
These things don't do much on their own. If you missed it earlier, you can just level them up to 50 by having them fight each other for about an hour in Smash Bros.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Holy shit Zelda looks great, but goddamn think of the possibilities with that Mario Maker! Especially if their smart and let people post their levels online for others to play.

Here I've been thinking I need to get a PS4 for my next console, now I'm not so sure.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
If your able to upload and download other peoples mario created levels this game has endless possibilities. People will end up re creating entire mario games as well as much more meaning this could be the best 2D mario game period! I personally cant see this happening from Nintendo but if the community features are rich enough this will be a great title to own for us 2D Mario fans.