So my friend brought his kids to play with my HTC Vive but they ended up on the Neo Geo!

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Seem like King of the Monster 2 and Metal Slug are more interesting then VR .

Poor kid saw my console collection and wanted to play with the Jaguar cause it looked cool . After being dissapointed with Tempest 2000 and the aweful jaguar controller, i took out the neogeo controllers and showed them what a real console was. They played for at least 2H straight from that point on.

They really loved king of monsters 2 .

neogeo.png

There is still hope for the next generation !

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You made kids play Tempest 2000 without a rotary controller?

You monster.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Spreading Neo Geo love

I had some friends over today, and they brought their Nintendo Switch with them. I had my Neo out near my TV, and they asked me what it was, so I explained, booted it up and showed them some games. I told them some of these can be bought digitally, for the Switch.

A while later, one of them had finished Metal Slug 3 [credit feeding through it - 80+ coins], and wanted more, so they bought every Slug there was.

They ended up with KoF '99, Magical Drop 2, Garou and Waku Waku 7 as well.

I gave them the possibility of trying before buying, and they pretty much bought every title we booted up. I'm sure they would have bought more, but we didn't have the time to try every Neo title that's on Switch.

Neither of them has played Neo before, so it'd great to see people being this enthusiastic about this good old platform.

When was the last time any of you spread some Neo love or got someone into Neo?

View attachment 46261

ftfy

Last edited:

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
You made kids play Tempest 2000 without a rotary controller?

You monster.

It was with the rotary controller , they looked at it wondering what the fuck was up with that controller. I really like tempest but it didn't catch on with them, big monster destroying city seem more popular for kids .

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It was with the rotary controller , they looked at it wondering what the fuck was up with that controller. I really like tempest but it didn't catch on with them, big monster destroying city seem more popular for kids .
I'm pretty sure those kids are terrorists then. Did you hit them, HDR style?