So How Do You Guys Like Your Steaks?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Medium rare, seasoned with the correct amount of salt and pepper. Prefer a nice marbled cut seared correctly on both sides and make sure to let it sit for about 5 minutes after cooking before cutting into it.

If I put any seasoning, only one I actually like was some McCormick Chicago steak blend iirc.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I normally order based on cut. Filet, NY strip, top sirloin medium rare. Not much fat in those, too done and you make shoe leather out of them. T-bone, ribeye...more to the medium side. The bone in the t-bone makes the steak near it too rare if cooked med-rare and there too much fat in a ribeye to cook M-R.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
medium well.

I grew up with my mother only making Rare steak. When i was old enough, i wanted something different.

I used to feel weird asking for it at Michelin star restaurants, so I would get medium. Now, I don't care. It's how i like it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Rare to medium rare. Montreal seasoning when I'm feeling it.

medium well.

I grew up with my mother only making Rare steak. When i was old enough, i wanted something different.

I used to feel weird asking for it at Michelin star restaurants, so I would get medium. Now, I don't care. It's how i like it.

I had the opposite. My family cooked steaks to death and I hated them. I started dating my now wife, and her dad cooked them on the rare side. It was a totally different experience.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
NY strip, prime rib, or ribeye. Medium rare or below. I prefer to taste blood once in a while.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I like a skirt steak, slightly marinated, and grilled to perfection.

Either that or a BIG FAT Tri-Tip, rubbed up real nice with Prime-Rib Seasoning, and cooked medium rare.

But, both must be thin sliced and served up with some killer sides and a nice set of buns. :drool::drool:

---

Damn, I just ate and now I'm hungry again. :lolz:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I haven't eaten meat in more then 20 years now... but I remember when I did, I used to cook the hell out of the meat until it turned completely black and was all crunchy

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I like having my steaks well done with a little bit of salt sprinkled on it. I don't like using marinade, but I do like having a bit of barbecue sauce cooked on the steak.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Medium rare, with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Fuck now I want steak.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Top sirloin or ribeye cooked medium rare. I only use salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sometimes I'll throw on some spicy montreal steak seasoning.

When we go out for steak, I usually get the prime rib, medium rare. NO horseradish with some au jus on the side ;) I like my steak so that when I poke it with a fork, it jumps on the plate a little.

As an aside, if I find some cheaper steak cuts at the store instead of grilling them, I put them under the oven broiler and it's not bad. Not as good as on the grill but if it's raining or I'm just cooking for me i'll do that.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Steak is overrated.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I normally order based on cut. Filet, NY strip, top sirloin medium rare. Not much fat in those, too done and you make shoe leather out of them. T-bone, ribeye...more to the medium side. The bone in the t-bone makes the steak near it too rare if cooked med-rare and there too much fat in a ribeye to cook M-R.

Same answer here.

Better cuts I want medium rare (filet, prime rib, etc.), everything else medium.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Usually ribeye or tbone. Lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and some garlic powder. Then cooked to medium rare but also depends on how I feel, so sometimes so rare that I can still hear the cow moo lol.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Don't care as long as its not tofu or some other gay shit.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Truth.

I like beef, but I prefer it with other ingredients at the same time (hamburgers, tacos, asian noodles)

same here actually. i do like bare steak on occasion, but 95% of the time, it's gotta have at least a sauce, as i mentioned, usually A-1...

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Ribeye, well done cooked. From there imagination is optional and depends on how hungry I am.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
With a pile of Tony Chachere's on the side of the plate to dredge the slices in.