So, how did everyone do on finals?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
It may be a little early for some of you guys, but I've been done since Saturday. I just found out this afternoon I made an A in Linear Algebra. It was the only class I was worried about because the guy was such a horrible teacher...

Hopefully 15hrs of A this semester will help me get some more Scholarship monies. I needs me a new monitor. :D

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've been out since the 1st. All C's, except for one B. Whatever I did to study in High School (3.5ish GPA, top 10%) isn't enough in college. I'll have to bust my ass next semester.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
DanAdamKOF said:
I've been out since the 1st. All C's, except for one B. Whatever I did to study in High School (3.5ish GPA, top 10%) isn't enough in college. I'll have to bust my ass next semester.

LOL, that's exactly what I went through. It takes quite a lot more effort, QUITE A LOT more.

During the last three weeks of class I think I went home early once or twice, early being home by 5pm. Every other night was spent studying or working on projects. The weekend before finals I think I spent 40+ hours in autocad completing a project (this is why I'm looking for a larger monitor).

Just remember what you didn't learn this semester you'll have to learn next, if you plan on doing better that is. :tickled:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
thank god I finished all this

nothing worse than exams

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hmm actually come to think of it I just posted my final AVERAGES and not what I actually made on the exams. I can't remember them so I'll post them later.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I'm not in college, but I take quite a few AP classes. My finals are all this week. I've been doing well in all of my classes except AP chemistry (so damn boring I just can't pay attention) so hopefully I will do well. I will post my results this weekend, hopefully good ones.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
Since I'm doing all off-campus work, I just needed to hand in papers.

A full semester's worth of units without buying a parking pass. SUH-WEET.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
During the last three weeks of class I think I went home early once or twice, early being home by 5pm. Every other night was spent studying or working on projects. The weekend before finals I think I spent 40+ hours in autocad completing a project (this is why I'm looking for a larger monitor).

Oh? What were you working on? I put together a dual monitor setup for CAD at home. For some reason, I've been doing some reasearch over the Dome of the Rock and its underground hydraulics.

Anyways, I took all my finals yesterday. I did good enough for government work.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I did really well on Finals, but since I fucked up the beginning of the semester I ended up with B's across the board. Oh well!

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 page paper on Israeli Historiography. Came out to 16 pages. T'was due on the 8th. DONE.

"To the point" paper on the Kurdish language. Came out to 21 pages. Due on the 11th. DONE.

25 page MINIMUM paper on how the media views the water crisis in the Middle East. This is in addition to analyzing around 20 'clip files,' as well as completing 20 hours of non-profit work. This was due on the 13th, but has been pushed back to the 15th. IRRITATING.

Between the debt and... well, the debt, I'm beginning to question the value of a Masters degree.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Had my Geography final just now, I may yet have pulled an 'A' for the semester out of the flames...we'll have to see how generous my prof was. I feel pretty good about it though, we had two hours to complete it, and I was done in 37 minutes.

Still have my Japanese final tomorrow, and then Am. Govt. on Thursday.

Good luck everyone.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
My guitar final is today and my English 102 final is tomorrow. My Psychology teacher doesnt believe in tests, so ha, i lucked out on that one.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Had my Biology 1021(The Lab) last Tuesday. Probably bombed it...

Had my Principles of Marketing Exam yesterday, totally easy.

Today I have my Biology 1020 and Financial Mangement classes.

Tomorrow I got's Survey of Wester Literature.

Should be fine on all except the Finance. I always forget how to do something on the test, and I never study. Maybe I should...probably won't.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wrote 41 pages last week. 22 on how derivatives/options change the fiduciary duties structure, and another on the changes in the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act toward the definition of broker dealers. Tomorrow I got a corporate finance exam, and next week from now, Evidence.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Last night I had my Strategic Management Accounting final and I think I rocked it, and by that I mean I might have gotten a C and I'l be happy if I end up with a C for the class as I was going to drop it.

Tomarrow I have my Corporate finance final and I'm done for the semester.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
so far ive only had one final, my matlab class. im hoping for a B in that.

my other classes, calc 2, statics, and physics 2, im praying for C's.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I failed at 2 exams but didn't affect my overall note.

I'm a profesional next year I won't be missing exams one bit :make_fac:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:

It's likely that you do not have to do more work or studying...

It's likely that you have to adjust to the different style of exams and whatnot...

That's the case with most freshman....

I never had that problem.... I studdied less and hardly went to class... I managed to pull B's...

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Just finished my Business Environments final, kind of hard but I'll get away with a C. I have Corporate Finance in 3 hours, the professor is the worst professor I have ever had in my college years. He's boring, waste of time, and I didn't learn nothing from his class. I had to take it because it's part of my major, information systems. His final is a make or break for me in the class because I bombed the only two major exams we had this entire semester and I'm hoping to get away with a C if I can rock this final to the core. Later on, I have business stats and I hope to squeeze out a B in that class and on Thursday, I have my Marketing final.

aria

Former Moderator
DanAdamKOF said:

Warned you, didn't we?

No worries, a lot of people (relatively) screw up their first semester.

When you get to college, if it's worth its salt you're gonna be with kids at your level. When you go to certain grad schools (med/law/etc) you end up with people who were at your level in college. It can continue in work too.

It's a cruel cycle, really.

(and it's awesome to be completely through with that bullshit)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Warned you, didn't we?

No worries, a lot of people (relatively) screw up their first semester.

When you get to college, if it's worth its salt you're gonna be with kids at your level. When you go to certain grad schools (med/law/etc) you end up with people who were at your level in college. It can continue in work too.

It's a cruel cycle, really.

(and it's awesome to be completely through with that bullshit)

Until you get to grad school you are still surrounded by some dumb bastards. Hell, like 1/3 of all college graduates can't find Iraq on a mpa.

I guess that the differences break down like this:

Highschool: Get rewarded for regurgitating bullshit
Undergrad: Get rewarded for intuitivly regurgitating bullshit.
Postgrad: You have to gurgitate your own bullshit.

ray_7

Will be having my math exam today and next year I'll be working on my Masters degree.

Prolly gonna end up with an A on the exam. ;)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Have had two so far. Ughh. Three more to go. I'm trying to get at least all Bs.

Jesus this week is going by slow.