SNK vs Capcom..."ported"...to the Commodore 64

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
It looks more playable than the other attempts at 2D fighters on the system namely Street Fighter 2. It was terrible on the C64. Fair play to the guys who did this, shows what can be done on the C64 with a little more time and care

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It looks more playable than the other attempts at 2D fighters on the system namely Street Fighter 2. It was terrible on the C64. Fair play to the guys who did this, shows what can be done on the C64 with a little more time and care

A lot of the more recent indie C64 titles simply trounce the old games. The old games were probably okay for their time but, frankly, I find most pre-NES games to be entirely unplayable unless they are exceedingly simple single screen affairs (pong, galaga, etc.)

I’m sure being able to develop a game on modern hardware via emulation and then ensure it runs on original hardware helps. That and game design has come a long way in 40 years.

C64 has the best sound chip though :emb: and is the reason I have two (have both variants.)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Between this and the Eye of the Beholder port, it's unreal what they're getting out of the C64 these days.

I’d be interested in seeing how much is really there. MotM has low res low color sprites but a lot of them and it’s supposed to do tag (four chara on screen at once). That seems way way beyond 64kb…

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Color me impressed.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
A lot of the more recent indie C64 titles simply trounce the old games. The old games were probably okay for their time but, frankly, I find most pre-NES games to be entirely unplayable unless they are exceedingly simple single screen affairs (pong, galaga, etc.)
Yeah I don't get the love of anything pre-NES....2600 and shit like that, just not my generation.