vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I've found this article from Game Players Magazine, and here's the URL:
http://www.gameplayers.com.hk/arcade/vArcadeIndex.htm

If your computer can view Chinese Big 5 characters, here's what it said:

" SNKδËÀ£¡£¡
BY£ºZAC

´ó¼Ò¶¼ÖªµÀSNK¬FÒѳɞéAZUREÆìÏÂÖ®×Ó¹«Ë¾£¬×î³õÈ«ÊÀ½ç¶¼•þÒÔžéÒÔááSNK•þÈ«Á¦é_°l￾—Öéß[‘ò£¬ÔõÁÏ¡­¡­
“þ¬FÈÎSNKij†T¹¤Í¸Â¶£¬ëmÈ»SNKÒѳɞéAZUREµÄ×Ó¹«Ë¾£¬¶ø³õ•rÈ«ÊÀ½ç©vÖ¸SNK†T¹¤¶øÑÔ©w¶¼ÒÔžéÊÀ½çÄ©ÈÕ©vËû‚ƒ´ó¶¼²»ÏëÈ¥é_°l￾—Öé™C©w£¬²»ß^ÊÀʾ͟o½^Œ¦µÄ¡­¡­
…sÔ­￾í£¬SNKÒ»Ö±ÒÔ￾í´ó²¿·ÝÊÕÈ붼ÊÇÒÔ½Ö™Cß[‘òžéÖ÷µÄ£¬“þÖª97Äêij½Ö™C´ó×÷¸ü䛵ÃÈ«ÇòÊÛ³ö12ÈfëbµÄó@ÈËӛ䛣¬ËùÒÔ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇSNKµÄÃüÃ}ËùÔÚ¡£
ÓÐÒŠ¼°´Ë£¬AZUREŒ¢²»•þ￾ŠÇóSNKµÄ†T¹¤È¥é_°l￾—Öéß[‘ò©vëmÈ»ßtÁËüc£¬ÒòžéÓкܶà†T¹¤¶¼ÒÑëxšÁË©w£¬Í¬•rÒàÏ£ÍûËû‚ƒÄÜé_°l¶àücºÃÍæµÄ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¡£
È»¶ø£¬SNKµÄijЩ¡¸„ÅÈË¡¹©vÈçËɱ¾Ô£Ë¾¼°ºÓÒ°ºÆÐеȩw¼°Õû—lTEAM¶¼ÒÑëxé_£¬ËùÒÔÆÕ±éÕJžéSNKδ￾íµÄ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¶¼²»•þÌ«ß^Í»³ö¡£²»ß^“þijЩSNK¬FÈΆT¹¤Í¸Â¶£¬Æ½ÐĶøÕ“ëmȻԓµÈ¡¸„ÅÈË¡¹Ôø„“Ôìß^ijЩ?¿ƒ ¨MÆæÛ”£¬²»ß^½ü￾í¶¼¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇÓÐücÁ¦²»￾ÄÐÄ£¬½­ÀʲűM¡£¬FÔÚËû‚ƒëxÈ¥£¬Ä³³Ì¶ÈÉÏ¿ÉÒÔÕfÊǞ鹫˾“QÒ»“QѪ…îÔ’¡£
ÖÁ춌￾ÇéÈçºÎ£¿ÄǾÍÒª¿´ÏÂÈ¥²ÅÖªÁË¡­¡­²»ß^²»ÓõÈÌ«¾Ã£¬Ã÷Äê´ºÌìé_ʼ±ã•þÓÐÐÂß[‘òÍƳöµÄÁË¡­¡­

KOF2001£¿£¡
BY£ºZAC

®”´ó¼ÒÒÔžéSNKÒѽ›¡¸ÍæÍ꡹£¬´ó¼ÒÒÔáᶼƒÓ¡¶È­»Ê¡·ÍæÖ®ëH£¬¹ÊʵĄ¡ÇéÓÖÔÙ³öÈËÒâ±í£¬·åޒ·ÞD£¡
“þÖª£¬SNK¬FÈÎÔ’ÊÂÈËARUZEÒòžéҊÿÄêÊî¼Ù¡¸Ä³ëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¶¼Äܞ鹫˾Ù￾￾íÒ»´ó¹P¿ÉÓ^µÄÀû￾™©v°üÀ¨ß[‘ò¡¢Âþ®‹¼°ÖÜß…ÉÌÆ·Ö®°æ™àÊÕÒæ©w£¬ËùÒÔÒѽ››Q¶¨ì¶Ã÷Äê©v2001Äê©wÍƳö¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹µÄ×îÐÂÒ» ¼¯¡£
ëmȻδ֪ÆäƒÈÈÝÓÖ»ò¸üÔ”¼šÙYÁÏ£¬²»ß^¬FÔÚSNK²»‰òÈËÊÖé_°lß[‘òÊDz» ŽµÄÊÂŒ￾¡£²»ß^“þ¾€ÈË͸¶£¬SNKÒѽ›·e˜OÕÐƸÈËÊÖ£¬°üÀ¨Ç°SNKµÄ†T¹¤¼°Ò»Ð©ÐÂÐÂÐÂõrÈË¡£ÁíÍ⣬Ëû‚ƒÒà•þŒWÆäËûijЩß[‘òé_°lÉÌ°ã£¬Ò Ô¡¸ÃØ“Æ¡¹Ö®ÐÍʽŒ¢¹¤×÷·Ö°l³öÈ¥£¬ËùÒÔÔçÇ°Óй«Ë¾×Ô·QÒªÈËÊÖ￾íé_°l¡¶È­»Ê¡·ß[‘òһʣ¬¶¼¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇ¿ÕѨ￾íïLѽÀÏÓÑ¡£
¾€È˸ü͸¶£¬Ã÷ÄêµÄ¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¬FÒÑé_ʼé_°l£¬ÏàÐÅ¿ÉÒÔÚs¼°ÔÚÃ÷ÄêÊî¼Ù×óÓÒÍƳö¡­¡­
ÄÇüN£¬¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¾¿¾¹ÊÇ¡­¡­£¿"

I'll translate briefly later on, too much details involved.

Vince

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by vincewy:
I've found this article from Game Players Magazine, and here's the URL:
http://www.gameplayers.com.hk/arcade/vArcadeIndex.htm

If your computer can view Chinese Big 5 characters, here's what it said:

" SNKδËÀ£¡£¡
BY£ºZAC

´ó¼Ò¶¼ÖªµÀSNK¬FÒѳɞéAZUREÆìÏÂÖ®×Ó¹«Ë¾£¬×î³õÈ«ÊÀ½ç¶¼•þÒÔžéÒÔááSNK•þÈ«Á¦é_°l￾—Öéß[‘ò£¬ÔõÁÏ¡­¡­
“þ¬FÈÎSNKij†T¹¤Í¸Â¶£¬ëmÈ»SNKÒѳɞéAZUREµÄ×Ó¹«Ë¾£¬¶ø³õ•rÈ«ÊÀ½ç©vÖ¸SNK†T¹¤¶øÑÔ©w¶¼ÒÔžéÊÀ½çÄ©ÈÕ©vËû‚ƒ´ó¶¼²»ÏëÈ¥é_°l￾—Öé™C©w£¬²»ß^ÊÀʾ͟o½^Œ¦µÄ¡­¡­
…sÔ­￾í£¬SNKÒ»Ö±ÒÔ￾í´ó²¿·ÝÊÕÈ붼ÊÇÒÔ½Ö™Cß[‘òžéÖ÷µÄ£¬“þÖª97Äêij½Ö™C´ó×÷¸ü䛵ÃÈ«ÇòÊÛ³ö12ÈfëbµÄó@ÈËӛ䛣¬ËùÒÔ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇSNKµÄÃüÃ}ËùÔÚ¡£
ÓÐÒŠ¼°´Ë£¬AZUREŒ¢²»•þ￾ŠÇóSNKµÄ†T¹¤È¥é_°l￾—Öéß[‘ò©vëmÈ»ßtÁËüc£¬ÒòžéÓкܶà†T¹¤¶¼ÒÑëxšÁË©w£¬Í¬•rÒàÏ£ÍûËû‚ƒÄÜé_°l¶àücºÃÍæµÄ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¡£
È»¶ø£¬SNKµÄijЩ¡¸„ÅÈË¡¹©vÈçËɱ¾Ô£Ë¾¼°ºÓÒ°ºÆÐеȩw¼°Õû—lTEAM¶¼ÒÑëxé_£¬ËùÒÔÆÕ±éÕJžéSNKδ￾íµÄ½Ö™Cß[‘ò¶¼²»•þÌ«ß^Í»³ö¡£²»ß^“þijЩSNK¬FÈΆT¹¤Í¸Â¶£¬Æ½ÐĶøÕ“ëmȻԓµÈ¡¸„ÅÈË¡¹Ôø„“Ôìß^ijЩ?¿ƒ ¨MÆæÛ”£¬²»ß^½ü￾í¶¼¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇÓÐücÁ¦²»￾ÄÐÄ£¬½­ÀʲűM¡£¬FÔÚËû‚ƒëxÈ¥£¬Ä³³Ì¶ÈÉÏ¿ÉÒÔÕfÊǞ鹫˾“QÒ»“QѪ…îÔ’¡£
ÖÁ춌￾ÇéÈçºÎ£¿ÄǾÍÒª¿´ÏÂÈ¥²ÅÖªÁË¡­¡­²»ß^²»ÓõÈÌ«¾Ã£¬Ã÷Äê´ºÌìé_ʼ±ã•þÓÐÐÂß[‘òÍƳöµÄÁË¡­¡­

KOF2001£¿£¡
BY£ºZAC

®”´ó¼ÒÒÔžéSNKÒѽ›¡¸ÍæÍ꡹£¬´ó¼ÒÒÔáᶼƒÓ¡¶È­»Ê¡·ÍæÖ®ëH£¬¹ÊʵĄ¡ÇéÓÖÔÙ³öÈËÒâ±í£¬·åޒ·ÞD£¡
“þÖª£¬SNK¬FÈÎÔ’ÊÂÈËARUZEÒòžéҊÿÄêÊî¼Ù¡¸Ä³ëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¶¼Äܞ鹫˾Ù￾￾íÒ»´ó¹P¿ÉÓ^µÄÀû￾™©v°üÀ¨ß[‘ò¡¢Âþ®‹¼°ÖÜß…ÉÌÆ·Ö®°æ™àÊÕÒæ©w£¬ËùÒÔÒѽ››Q¶¨ì¶Ã÷Äê©v2001Äê©wÍƳö¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹µÄ×îÐÂÒ» ¼¯¡£
ëmȻδ֪ÆäƒÈÈÝÓÖ»ò¸üÔ”¼šÙYÁÏ£¬²»ß^¬FÔÚSNK²»‰òÈËÊÖé_°lß[‘òÊDz» ŽµÄÊÂŒ￾¡£²»ß^“þ¾€ÈË͸¶£¬SNKÒѽ›·e˜OÕÐƸÈËÊÖ£¬°üÀ¨Ç°SNKµÄ†T¹¤¼°Ò»Ð©ÐÂÐÂÐÂõrÈË¡£ÁíÍ⣬Ëû‚ƒÒà•þŒWÆäËûijЩß[‘òé_°lÉÌ°ã£¬Ò Ô¡¸ÃØ“Æ¡¹Ö®ÐÍʽŒ¢¹¤×÷·Ö°l³öÈ¥£¬ËùÒÔÔçÇ°Óй«Ë¾×Ô·QÒªÈËÊÖ￾íé_°l¡¶È­»Ê¡·ß[‘òһʣ¬¶¼¿ÉÒÔÕfÊÇ¿ÕѨ￾íïLѽÀÏÓÑ¡£
¾€È˸ü͸¶£¬Ã÷ÄêµÄ¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¬FÒÑé_ʼé_°l£¬ÏàÐÅ¿ÉÒÔÚs¼°ÔÚÃ÷ÄêÊî¼Ù×óÓÒÍƳö¡­¡­
ÄÇüN£¬¡¸ÄÇëb¸ñôYß[‘ò¡¹¾¿¾¹ÊÇ¡­¡­£¿"

I'll translate briefly later on, too much details involved.

Vince

If it's in a print magazine then it's probly old news, And something magicbox or someone else already reported

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I'll do my best to translate this, and no, this is not something old, it came out Nov 21 and I've not seen this anywhere else.

"SNK still alive?

We all know SNK is now the branch under Aruze, most of us would expect SNK would be developing pachinko games mostly, but surprisingly....

from an employess inside SNK, even though it's a branch of Azure and most people are reluctant to work on pachinko machines, it's not absolutely true that Azure will be making pachinko games completely. When SNK started, the revenues came mostly from arcades, in 1997, few titles sold over 120,000 copies, it's the livelihood of SNK.

For that reason, Azure will not ask SNK employees to make pachinkos games completely (eventhough this is a bit too late since many KOF programmers have left the company), but instead, they are asked to make fun arcade games. Despite that fact that some key programmers have left, the rest of the crew will still work on arcade games coming around next spring.

KOF 2001

When everyone thinks it's over for SNK after this year's KOF, something happened by surprise! Aruze acknowledge that each summer the fighting games are generating tons of profit (besides games, look at guide books, mangas, videos, and accessories), certain fighitng games will have sequals next year 2001, although this has not been specified.

No actual details have been released, but currently there's a shortage of programmers within SNK and Aruze is seeking new programmers, either former SNK employees or employees from other companies with fresh new ideas. This fighting game has been developed and is scheduled for release next summer, the only question is, which game is it?

"

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by vincewy:
I'll do my best to translate this, and no, this is not something old, it came out Nov 21 and I've not seen this anywhere else.

"SNK still alive?

We all know SNK is now the branch under Aruze, most of us would expect SNK would be developing pachinko games mostly, but surprisingly....

from an employess inside SNK, even though it's a branch of Azure and most people are reluctant to work on pachinko machines, it's not absolutely true that Azure will be making pachinko games completely. When SNK started, the revenues came mostly from arcades, in 1997, few titles sold over 120,000 copies, it's the livelihood of SNK.

For that reason, Azure will not ask SNK employees to make pachinkos games completely (eventhough this is a bit too late since many KOF programmers have left the company), but instead, they are asked to make fun arcade games. Despite that fact that some key programmers have left, the rest of the crew will still work on arcade games coming around next spring.

KOF 2001

When everyone thinks it's over for SNK after this year's KOF, something happened by surprise! Aruze acknowledge that each summer the fighting games are generating tons of profit (besides games, look at guide books, mangas, videos, and accessories), certain fighitng games will have sequals next year 2001, although this has not been specified.

No actual details have been released, but currently there's a shortage of programmers within SNK and Aruze is seeking new programmers, either former SNK employees or employees from other companies with fresh new ideas. This fighting game has been developed and is scheduled for release next summer, the only question is, which game is it?

"

Cool

O

Omega-NEO

I always knew SNK wouldn't die, I knew the buyout by Aruze was actually breathing more life and circulating more blood than most people thought. Well maybe I didn't completely believe it, but I do now. Its sad to see KOF programmers already left though... a shortage of programmers cannot mean good things for a video game company.