SNK soundtracks are now available on iTunes Store, Apple Music, Amazon, & Spotifiy.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Currently there's 17 of them, and they're all the OST versions.

King of Fighters '94-'02
Metal Slug 1-3
Garou: MOTW
Samurai Shodown 2
Art of Fighting 1
The Last Blade 1 & 2

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Its mighty fine of them. I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of those songs on cd and through the humble bundle but it never hurts to have more ways to listen :)

Valt C

n00b
Awesome news! Thanks! I'll check right away.

Edit: OST only it seems

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice surprise out of nowhere! It's great to see these so accessible. I'm going to grab a couple and support the effort.

Almost definitely the first Metal Slug, which has not had an official soundtrack release up until now! Crazy.

Cover artwork is looking beautiful all around, save for KOF'94 heartbreakingly enough. Using Re-Bout art instead of the beautiful originals... For anyone who cares about that, here is the custom one I made for iTunes. Simple and beautiful:

0j8AUQe.png

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Add the ASTs of kof 97 and Last Blade and I will shill all the moneies.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't know what to think of this. From a personal point of view this is just another attempt by SNK to milk the cash cow. On the other hand I appreciate the fact that SNK's music reaches a wider audience from that. Win-win?

Almost definitely the first Metal Slug, which has not had an official soundtrack release up until now! Crazy.

Technically it has been released in the Metal Slug Sound Box which spans all Metal Slug titles until part 6 plus the Playstation 2 3D-episode. But yeah, there was no standalone release until now (if you count digital as release that is).

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
suicidekiller said:
I don't know what to think of this. From a personal point of view this is just another attempt by SNK to milk the cash cow. On the other hand I appreciate the fact that SNK's music reaches a wider audience from that. Win-win?

It really is, but ultimately this feels like a win. The more love they show their back catalog, the better. Might help point them (or keep them pointed) in a good direction, hopefully.

suicidekiller said:
Technically it has been released in the Metal Slug Sound Box which spans all Metal Slug titles until part 6 plus the Playstation 2 3D-episode. But yeah, there was no standalone release until now (if you count digital as release that is).

Ah, dammit, you're absolutely right. I never remember this boxed set. It still somehow took them 10 years to first get at it. I'm not sure in which crack the original Slug fell into that they never did do one close to release?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
good news. now all i need is itunes.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
It really is, but ultimately this feels like a win. The more love they show their back catalog, the better. Might help point them (or keep them pointed) in a good direction, hopefully.

Good point, but I would somehow feel more comfortable if SNK would show more love for future projects. They've been milking the back catalogue for over a decade now with no substantial new IPs established. I really hope the acqusition by Ledo pushes them in a new direction with KoF XIV being the first harbinger of it.

Ah, dammit, you're absolutely right. I never remember this boxed set. It still somehow took them 10 years to first get at it. I'm not sure in which crack the original Slug fell into that they never did do one close to release?

I guess that was because of Nazca holding the rights to the game and the music and not SNK. Oh and I can really recommend the Metal Slug Sound Box although it is getting quite pricey lately.

Fygee

20 Year Member

Its a good way to milk it since the soundtracks are otherwise difficult to acquire. Also, if you're like me and use Spotify, then no additional money is needed. Everyone wins.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This is interesting news. I've been active in the AST market for a long time and some of the discs are getting much rarer than they deserve to be (ie, KOF 99 and 2000 ASTs). Here's hoping that SNK eventually releases everything and it drives the prices down.

Add the ASTs of kof 97 and Last Blade and I will shill all the moneies.
The AST for The Last Blade is absolutely incredible.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I keep checking to see is there's any new updates about availability of the ASTs. I'd love to finally stop using my NGCD game discs as soundtrack cds. Hopefully they add Fatal Fury 1 - Real Bout 2 as well. Fatal Fury 1 didn't have an arranged soundtrack on a playable version (image cd and 5th anniversary box arranged tracks were OST only), until the ps2 collections.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Listening to them via Spotify on shuffle. Not bad but I wonder why the later Neo titles didn't make the cut if 2K1/2K2 is on there...

Fygee

20 Year Member
Where all the others are that aren't there. ;)

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Any rumblings of someone mastering them on vinyl yet? Data Discs is doing an amazing job with putting the Sega Collection on wax. I would love to have Metal Slug and a few other games to spin on my turntable.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The KOF soundtracks might be from the "King of Soundtracks" discs that came with KOF XIII... '94 and '95 have the same selection as the ones on the disc.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i want that zed blade sountrack, some of those tracks remind me of the Prodigy