SNK original development kit pics

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Sorry if this is a re-post

Was searching on an old HDD and found this, don't remembered where I got them...

So I just decided to share this, just in case

HoOYiYL.jpg

Xrkudm2.jpg

I probably have more pics around...
Cheers

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cheers for sharing, interesting even if it was shared before.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
And another one, with DEV carts
What a monster

NdvE6qN.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
And another one, with DEV carts
What a monster

NdvE6qN.jpg

Wow. Thank you for this.

On the right side of that picture... Is that the same type of PCB/flash cards that NTM bought? The ones that had Darkseed on them?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wow. Thank you for this.

On the right side of that picture... Is that the same type of PCB/flash cards that NTM bought? The ones that had Darkseed on them?

Seems the very same one indeed

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
With the size of that pcb I would figure it lay flat with a ribbon cable attaching it. Seems so flimsy the way its just sitting upright.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
With the size of that pcb I would figure it lay flat with a ribbon cable attaching it. Seems so flimsy the way its just sitting upright.

I was thinking the same thing. This is fascinating to see though. Thanks dragonpt!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
These pics are from the Programmers Guide of Nightmare Tony's that was released several years ago.

http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/NeoGeoProgrammersGuide.pdf

The dev equipment starts around page 88. While my Dev boards are similar to those in the manual and in that pic, it isn't exactly the same. SNK has several different boards like this and seemed to mix and match Prog and Char dev boards depending on the needs.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
These pics are from the Programmers Guide of Nightmare Tony's that was released several years ago.

http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/NeoGeoProgrammersGuide.pdf

The dev equipment starts around page 88. While my Dev boards are similar to those in the manual and in that pic, it isn't exactly the same. SNK has several different boards like this and seemed to mix and match Prog and Char dev boards depending on the needs.

That's a great find. Does anyone know of any floating around? Having worked in games development from PSX/Saturn era to PS3/360 era's you take for granted that the dev hardware will always be around. Also, current system dev hardware - even though you pay for it - is on 'loan' and needs to go back to the platform holders when you're done.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Even though I think I've seen this before, it's always nice to have a memory refresh.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
neoturfmaster has some dev equipment in his collection

if you look on their facebook page ngdev has pics of their in-house dev equipment

they are pretty slick & looks like a major upgrade to the equipment pictured above where you have to burn and manually place eproms to test code

their boards allow to debug & read/write to memory registers directly

ChrisB

Another Striker
Awesome this is great, im fascinated to see the dev kits and how they were used, not much info is shared about them

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Awesome this is great, im fascinated to see the dev kits and how they were used, not much info is shared about them

This. So much hidden knowledge still out there to be discovered.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those who have not yet seen it and are interested, here is the footage of the snk programmers that matches the photo from above:

Go to 11:05 in the video for the programmers part of the video. You'll get another good look at the dev kits and learn about their project development process as a whole.

Direct link:

Last edited: