GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Crappy SNKP and their mobile nonsense.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
This is fuckin' sad if this all they're doing for the anniversary.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting here? a new full retail release? a brand new game? a giant kyo pinata?

you know what i'm happy to celebrate here? the fact that they haven't closed their doors for business yet. I'm happy that a company I grew up with still exists, even in a dying market.

dondi

Crazed MVS Addict
price drop of moblie games? that's all? pffff....poor and boring -.-

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
As has been mentioned... what did everyone expect?

Even acknowledging it at all is kind of incredible. It's not like they were going to release a new KOF or announce the surprise reopening of Neo Geo World. The fact that the damn company is growing and not completely bankrupt is good enough for me. :)

dondi

Crazed MVS Addict
of course no new kof or something but a cool shirt collection or other merchandising/ collectables would have been much better than a price drop of moblie crap!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Metal Slug Defense is free on android. Funny game, not great.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/pdf/140822_1.pdf

So, this is what we get for the kof 20th anniversary. All of SNK's apps have been dropped to 99 cents. This is fuckin' sad if this all they're doing for the anniversary.

Quite.

Mobile gaming is their "thing" now. Good for those who like that sort of stuff but a tragedy for all of us KoF fans. I'm into the series almost since day one and it kinda hurts to see this anniversary go by without a proper release on a real gaming system.

I want a new Dream Match with a mix of engines of KoF2k1 and 2k2 and a large roster.

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
Who isn't jaded at this point? Though I'm still holding a glimmer of hope for something in the future (non-pachinko, non-mobile app)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, coz we know that it's cool as long as it's cheap, eh.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
what if we got a new game? would the cost of development be justified or returned? I doubt it. There's a fuck-ton more street fighter fans out there than us. I don't own any of the mobile stuff because I don't like virtual controls, but if making those is what's keeping them alive right now, then more power to 'em. I'll go play 98 on the mvs anyway.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'm not sure how you can even continue to expect a new non-pachislot, non-mobile game at this point.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That pdf file is about what the American customers get.

So what does the Japanese customers get?