I Love Frames!,
Hello fellow Neo Geo and SNK fans.

Well we all waited for it.

Looked to be amazing!

Its not.

It fails on many many levels.

The good news first.

You get 15 games!

Neat intro and the design is pretty cool overall.

The bad news......yikes.

Every game on here is busted. There is either slowdown up the wazoo(KOF94) or there is this weird almost video refresh problem(fire up Magician Lord to see it really go nuts)

Samurai Showdown has the blood but the sound is jacked up big time.

ShockTroopers is the 1 man rom. :(

Baseball Stars 2 runs almost perfect but they still messed this up. Its a strange version of the ROM where all of the teams have different names(Korean or Euro I am guessing)

The save option takes about 10-12 seconds everytime you change an option.
I cant believe how bad the emulation is on this.
I think they tried a little too hard to copy the way the Capcom Collections are and that "backend" is eating up too much resources and the games themselves are suffering.

Overall yeah it was only $14.99 US but I really didnt expect the games to run and look like crap on here when all of the previous collections run perfect(minus Metal Slug Collection).

4/10

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How are the raster effects? Someone mentioned they were missing in Super Sidekicks in the old intro trailer.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Remember that SNK-P likes to use bootleg roms sometimes. Remember the bootleg rom on the MS-An?

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy the online/collection series (AOF&MOTW) and was looking forward to this.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Played the PS2 version and was very dissapointed. The stored didn't stock up on the PSP version, but I'm hoping someone in the office has a copy by tonight.

WTF.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Does anyone know if the PS2 issues mentioned by MilkManX is present in the PSP version as well? I was thinking about getting it.

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Kunai said:
Does anyone know if the PS2 issues mentioned by MilkManX is present in the PSP version as well? I was thinking about getting it.
I would like to know to. I dont want to spend $30.00 on PSP version if it's crap.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
As much as I hate to say it, this is just another reason to emulate stuff properly on your own instead of paying SNKP to do a shite job of it.

I wanted the PSP version of this, but its probably on par with the ps2 one, possibly suffering from more issues.

I really think it's time for me to cave and buy a GP2X.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Yea...if you want stationary roms...play them on your computer/xbox. If you want portable roms...psp NG emulation is wonderful.

ALSO: What Metal Slug rom are you guys referring to?

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I guess SNKP doesn't even own the neo carts anymore to emulate.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hmm... thanks for the info.

Man... it's only a bunch of roms + emu and front end and they fuck it up? Unbelieveable. :oh_no:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
It's really a shame when a free open source emulation program is better than a commercially released anthology...

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I trust MilkMan, but can anyone else who has played/owns the collection concur with his findings? I would hate for everyone to blast this release in this thread based on only a couple opinions that were posted.

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Neo Alec said:
I trust MilkMan, but can anyone else who has played/owns the collection concur with his findings? I would hate for everyone to blast this release in this thread based on only a couple opinions that were posted.
MilkMan is right this game is shit. My PSone SS looks better than the PS2 SNK collection. I hate that fucked soft screen filter in SNKAC the same that they used on Sulg 6 in the MS collection:crying:

sketch

n00b
This game is coming to me today or tomorrow, so I'll post impressions soon. I don't yet have the hardware versions to compare to, so I can post a "neo-noob" review (i.e. how acceptable it is to the non-discerning public).

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks for the infor guys. I was going to pre-order it from Amazon.com, and now I am glad that I didn't. I thought $15 for 15 games is not a bad deal at all, but I guess I will wait and see more impression/opinion of this game before I make the final decision.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The PSP version is sold out everywhere here.

Figured the release would be light but didn't think I'd have trouble finding it.

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
emulation? thats scrooge kinda behaviour..
but if its out here in the benelux, im going to buy it anyway

Rade K

20 Year Member
BigTinz said:
It's really a shame when a free open source emulation program is better than a commercially released anthology...

Yup. Nail on the head. It's been like this for years as well. No incentive for the hardcore who these collections actually appeal to, to stop downloading roms and buy the official copy.

Pathetic as usual.