SNES mini classic

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
In terms of build? Great. It's wonderfully detailed...a spitting image of a SNES. The controllers are also of very high quality as well...hell, even the power supply is nice.

In terms of OS/gameplay? Also superb. The games look and play amazing on my modern tv...I'm actually shocked at how great they look.

Def much better than the NES mini. I found Ninja Gaiden almost unplayable on that but everything I've played so far on the SNES is really great.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He's Doc Brown. He can live in 1996 if he wants, fuck you guys.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
A girl who i know paid 250usd for a Snes Classic in Sweden!The original price here is 180usd but is sold out in every store!
Reggie told gamers not to pay above the RRP for a SNES:lolz:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm loving it. All the games play well, menu is easy to get around etc.

Only bummer is the wired controllers. I picked up one of the mini nes receivers I have the 8bitdo sfc30 pads but they don't work with the receiver. Directions work but the a and b buttons are duplicated on x y and shoulder buttons. Shame. Hopefully they release a firmware update for the receiver so they work.

8bitdo is coming out with a new wireless pad that also has a home function: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/8bitdo_is_releasing_wireless_pads_for_the_snes_classic_mini

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No luck at Target or Gamestop. :(

Hopefully 2nd shipment will not be too far off...

haha, be sure to let us know when you miss out on that as well...

I give you an F for effort.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
haha, be sure to let us know when you miss out on that as well...

I give you an F for effort.

Well at that point I'll just snag one on eBay. I'll attribute the extra cost to a convenience fee, I don't have time to be running around store to store or staying up all night to see when stock comes back online

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Everyone should have a freind that works retail who can sort them out...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Def much better than the NES mini. I found Ninja Gaiden almost unplayable on that but everything I've played so far on the SNES is really great.

It's your TV man, I do a no continue run on the NES mini, no problems, same with Castlevania and Megaman 2, I dunno man. I'm glad the SNES is working for you though, strange that one does lag but the other doesn't. Working on that SGnG no continue run, easier said than done...

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
First game to play was Castlevania 4 on SNes Classic,my favorite game on Snes!
Which game did you played or will play first on your Mini Classic?

Last edited:

godzilla43

Geese's Thug

Contra 3, Castlevania 4 ,secret of mana and after those super mario rpg.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

My kid chose Yoshi's Island.

1o11eq.jpg

Then Super Mario RPG together.

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Super metroid. I didnt finish it before i started castlevania, but from now on im not trying something new before i finished a game. Contra will be my last before i start the RPGs as its the only one i never owned and i suck at run'n'gun bullet hells. This might keep me busy for a while. I might save scum if its practical. I havent tried it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow who s Gorka. I thought I knew all the oldtymers but I guess not.

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
I never was a really active writer, mostly watched the drama from the sidelines. Hung out with Temjin for a few gatherings if you remember him?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
It's your TV man, I do a no continue run on the NES mini, no problems, same with Castlevania and Megaman 2, I dunno man. I'm glad the SNES is working for you though, strange that one does lag but the other doesn't. Working on that SGnG no continue run, easier said than done...

No lag, the scrolling in the background is all fucked up. Almost like the PC engine version. Gameplay wise it's fine I just can't stand to look at it

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That's weird... I didn't notice any scrolling issues.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I was fortunate enough to pick one up. Haven't had time to play it yet because of work, but hoping to sit down soon and enjoy it.