SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hey awesome stuff. It's probably well known that I have an unhealthy love for sfc Final Fight, so this is great.
These hacks, would they theoretically allow you to take a legit cart, gut it and stick a chip with this Rom on it, letting you have a hacked FF in a real shell?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Not sure if you can burn it onto a cartridge. The rom is like 180 MB. It does play on flash carts, mister, and raspberry pie.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Not sure if you can burn it onto a cartridge. The rom is like 180 MB. It does play on flash carts, mister, and raspberry pie.

Maybe then just swap out the innards for those of a flash cart's. Not going to be doing this any time soon but the fetishist in me likes the idea of plugging in a seemingly normal game to be greeted by enhanced aspects.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
From reading up the MSU-1 isn't a real chip, but in theory one could burn it to a cartridge other than a flash cart.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well, I cleared both loops of Super Ghouls N' Ghosts this morning.

It only took me uh, 3/4th's of a lifetime.

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The Red Arremers on that second loop are such a nightmare with that shitty Bracelet weapon. I did it once never again.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Red Arremers on that second loop are such a nightmare with that shitty Bracelet weapon. I did it once never again.

Well, when everything goes according to (this) plan, you don't have to fight any of them with the Goddess Bracelet.

The plan being : Kill the last Red Arremer on stage 7 of loop 2 with dagger magic, then open the left chest (out of two) on the platform to left of where arremer was perched. The goddess bracelet will be in there, and you'll just have to kill the cockatrices, pass through the ghost section, and onto the bosses. However....

I died at the blue/green boss right before the true last boss so...things didn't go according to plan. But I had planned for that..

So, of course I restarted at the begging of the level and had to fight that one red arremer with the bracelet, but the approach I use is no different than what I'd implement with regular daggers (regardless of which loop it is).

Jump toward him and fire 1 shot (it doesn't matter whether it connects or not). Arremer will fly up, and i'll immediately start moving left and will do a single jump to the left slightly before he starts swooping left. Timing exactly when to jump left is hard to pinpoint, but I think there's a fairly generous window between jumping to early (which forces arremer to change his behavior) and jumping late (getting hit).

SO...once you jump left to avoid arremer's swoop and you have created distance between your character and him...just stand in one spot (don't fire) and wait for him to dance. When he's done dancing, 8 out of 10 times, he'll run toward you. You can kill him with two neutral goddess bracelet shots as he runs. The other 2 out of 10 times, he'll either fire a small dot at you (which you can neutral single jump over, then he'll dance and run) or he'll fire blue mini arremers which I don't have a consistent approach for yet.

Thankfully I've gotten to a point where wearing gold armor went from being a short lived treat to becoming almost second nature. I rarely have to deal with arremers sans magic.

HOWEVER

Once I got that arremer strat down, I had found a psychological advantage that I've absolutely never had before in this game...and it definitely allowed me to focus on everything else.

EDIT:

This is the strategy more or less (I feel like jumping left is safer, this player just walks left)

EDIT : List updated from 2017 (not much to add!)

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (2-ALL)
Power Rangers: The Movie
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast Man II
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1-ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1-ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1-ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (3-ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body
Space Megaforce
Super Adventure Island
Battle Zeque Den
Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2-ALL)
Mega Man X2
Thunder Spirits
Acrobat Mission
Sparkster
Super Bonk
Magic Sword
Wild Guns
Spanky's Quest
Legend of The Mystical Ninja
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Mega Man X3
Aero Fighters
Assault Suits Valken
Phalanx
Knights of the Round
Psycho Dream
The King of Dragons
Mega Man 7
Musya (1 LC)
Earth Defense Force
Xardion
Pop N’ Twinbee
Ikari No Yousai
Super Valis IV
Gradius III (1-ALL)
Super Ghouls N’ Ghosts (2-ALL)

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
So close to getting the 1CC on Rendering Ranger. I need a bit more practice on stage 8. Stage 8 is a nightmare, well the first part where you half maneuver through the sped up Gradius style tight corridors. I suck at this part bad but luckily I have anywhere from 7-9 lives at this point. I can make it up through stage 7 on one life. The boss rush at end of stage 8 is fairly easy. Stage 9 is pretty easy just half to take your time through The acid drips. The final boss is pretty awesome. Man this game is a gauntlet for sure but man is it a blast.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got the 1CC on Rendering Ranger last week. After all practice I still died several times on stage 8 corridor rush. Ended up having 9 lives still after I beat final boss. Man what an amazing game, so much fun.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Got the 1CC on Rendering Ranger last week. After all practice I still died several times on stage 8 corridor rush. Ended up having 9 lives still after I beat final boss. Man what an amazing game, so much fun.
A masterpiece, congrats! I once said that it's like a Neo Geo game that losts its way and ended up on the SFC. With a few tweaks, it could have made a great Neo title, indeed. It's still remains a great 16-bit experience.