Sir Alex Fergusson announces retirement!

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
initially i thought this was a bad troll just to lure me to this new pink color scheme

but wow. this is huge news. Love him or hate him he is legendary and his record will probably never be matched in the EPL

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
As a Arsenal fan I would like to wish SAF well in his well earned retirement. I don't believe that the English football league will EVER see a more successful manager. Who knows what the future holds for Man U, but the rest of the Premier League's best teams will no doubt be pleased with this news, as the door may be slightly ajar???

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I hate ManUre but the man is pure legend, no doubt.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
maaan-chester united, very short-sited. Never scored a goal in history. Lol.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A good decision. Moyes has been with Everton for a long time, and Man Utd can rest easy knowing he will do the right job for as long as they need him to. Mourinho, on the other hand, only stays with a team for 3 years and then seeks a new adventure. The other good part is that Moyes is British.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Agree its a good decision and one thats probably been a done deal for some time. I'm really interested to see how Moyes handles europe next season.

Mourinho would have been a terrible choice and will bail at the first sign of trouble (Champions League exit), not to mention he would rip out the soul of the club and replace them with imports

Pep had the right idea going to Germany but Bayern is on the verge of winning a treble this season. Anything less next season is a step back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Agree its a good decision and one thats probably been a done deal for some time. I'm really interested to see how Moyes handles europe next season.

Mourinho would have been a terrible choice and will bail at the first sign of trouble (Champions League exit), not to mention he would rip out the soul of the club and replace them with imports

Pep had the right idea going to Germany but Bayern is on the verge of winning a treble this season. Anything less next season is a step back.

Realistically, Pep needs to be given time to settle in. Heyncks is too old to rely on for the long haul. 72 - can you imagine what the effect on the team would be if their manager died mid-season?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
This is a whole new ball game for Moyes, the pressure is going to be immense. He had no pressure at Everton and that showed by where they were in the league, now he has a bit of money a much bigger squad and ego's to control. I don't think there are many managers in the Ferguson mold and Moyes definitely isn't. I just hope he has a chance, lets see what happens if things go bad first few games.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Without doubt the most succesful manager off all time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is a whole new ball game for Moyes, the pressure is going to be immense. He had no pressure at Everton and that showed by where they were in the league, now he has a bit of money a much bigger squad and ego's to control. I don't think there are many managers in the Ferguson mold and Moyes definitely isn't. I just hope he has a chance, lets see what happens if things go bad first few games.

If he can bring Leighton Baines to Manchester that would be incredible.

Baines is exactly who Manchester need. A versatile sideback who can do all the freekicks in the world. Amazing player, right at his peak. My favorite player in the PL for a while now.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Ferguson must be.laughing his socks off when wigan beat city.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ferguson must be.laughing his socks off when wigan beat city.

iz3EnJ5sEoWcv.gif

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Manchester City are a laughing stock. No history, no class and no trophy. They have no discipline at the club (look at the way they handled the Tevez incident). They are a group of egotistical individuals and not a team. That is why they lost the final and that is why they will never amount to anything more than a flash in the pan. Well done to Wigan.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
It's hurt to hear this news because I am Man Utd FC since I was young until the present :crying:

But hope changing will come with exciting always ... Hope next season, Man Utd will get Champion 21th too :D

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Sir Alex Fergusson announces retirement!
Moyes to be named replacement.
In Australia our sports people don't get knighthoods any more. Tony Abbott (the new prime minister) should bring them back.