Since when the VGA certified AES games

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
The only purpose these VGA grading serves is to keep something is good condition to sell it later for more money. These games will never be played just DIS-played. Lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm tempted to make a fake Metal Slug out or a Riding Hero or something and see if they'll grade it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I put this in that other general thread where it popped up, still I feel the same. That guy should be beaten half to death with that VGA coffin. I really didn't need to know about that or see it. That shit repelled me almost entirely away from buying anything console related damn near across the board if it's Nintendo (and it has been over 3 years since I bought a NES or SNES game online due to that horse shit and rarely locally.) VGA, all the knife to throat tactics to screw people to one up the value on the flip, all of it, fuck that entire mess of a scene. What's next, a huge plastic coffin for original OEM pinball machines with original parts, manuals, and lights that all still function? Next time someone wants to make a rolling manure bomb again, park it outside the VGA facilities.

VGA is a scam. This is beyond debate if you know their history. I was well witness to it at NintendoAge watching people game the system for profit. The company has no set rules, no set guidelines to follow, and they publish nothing of their technique or rules to qualify for a grade or metal (bronze, silver, gold) ranking either. People would send back sealed games 2, 3... times until they got the grade they wanted as they felt a game getting an 85 silver was worth an 85+gold (which makes the cash value jump.) They'd pay and pay again until they got it, then it would go on a shelf to rot or straight to ebay with some nauseatingly high price tag with a pithy OBO thrown on which much wouldn't come off of. The business is shady because anyone can just on their random set of 3 people investigating a sealed or opened qualified product pick whatever nebulous reasons why a grade should go up or down. There is no like drop from +/neutral or 85 to an 80 because of a snag, a natural tear, a barely rounded corner, sticker goo, or whatever other microscopic (or not) crap they can come up with. It's a horribly flawed system with no accountability or public face of honesty to it at all, other than just the classic shell game crap of 'trust us' type mentality and you hope you're not being gamed. I know perfection isn't possible, the PSA, and the others for sports, cards, coins, comics, etc all can have their off day, but at least they have a solid reputation and grading system in place.

Crap like this while it's a top down, trickle down economics setup of all things with it, but in the end it fucks everyone. The rich get more so with their graded garbage they sell for profit or keep as some lame investment, but then the less honorable or intelligent types will try and apply a higher value to a complete product which in turn works its way down to manuals, boxes, and loose games. Everyone sees dollar signs and you get more bullshit, more scamming, more shenanigans and generalized abuse from product to price on it. The VGA gestapo at NA and a few other corners will defend them or they'll just ban and erase to quash any dissent about all the sketch involved. They'll argue it has no impact on things, but it's not hard now using a good 5 years worth of data going back to see where you get an uptick that falls down the ladder from coffin sealed, to sealed, to complete, and then the loner parts that make up the whole and it's sickening. It's why a LOT of people have bailed on old Nintendo stuff entirely or went with flash kits or roms+emulators to avoid that kind of fuckery.