Significant Master List update

Shawn

snkusa.com
Geddon_jt, an active member and moderator of our message board, has finished his remarkable revisions of the Master List.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
looks great,

however since you brought it up I guess I'm going to be a little picky, I know for the most part it covers cart releases language however a language availabilty option for cd's would be nice (if they are available in japanese and english) they other is of course to add street slam to the Dunk dream/Street hoop title since it is also know as that.

But As i said I am being picky, it looks great though I'm glad someone out there is still doing a list. I got tired of updating mine after awhile and now could not even if I wanted to.

mayube this should be in suggestions eh?

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Wow, looks great. I'll be updating my Excel file, let me know if you want to make it available for download from your site.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Thanks a ton for the kind words everyone.

I'm working on getting this list in a logically arranged Excel file, when I do I will include a link to it in the next list revision (as long as Shawn is willing to host the Excel file, which I'm sure he would =) ).

Phil, I totally considered the Dunk Dream/Street Hoop/Street Slam thing. The trouble is it is to my knowledge the only game with 3 distinct titles between Jap/US/and European, and since I used normal text/italics to differentiate between US and Jap titles I didn't really know how to differentiate the Euro title. Maybe by the next update I'll figure out a way to include it logically...

So far the emphasis of the list has been on the carts. This is because Shawn takes pics of his carts and I have infinite more personal knowledge about the carts than I do the CDs. I have always sorta assumed that most CD games with a jap/English language cartridge counterpart have both jap & English on them... are there some exceptions?

Thanks again guys.

John

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
a few exception I can think off

Aero fighters 3 cd comes in english and japanese (until a english cart is confirmed it is different)

Puzzle bobble is japan only on cd. that also brings up what language the cd only and (mvs-cd) releases are in.

Stakes Winner GI cd (no CI) is japanese only this can also almost be considered a different game since you breed the horse first to make your horse. I do not think in the stakes winner cart version you do that but I would have to double check. I only have stakes winners 2 not the first one.

Pulstar had a english cd release

also when it comes to the rarer english realease games like Voltage fighter Gowcaizer, Ninja master and Kizuna encounters. I am unsure if there is a equivalent englsih cd release (I am leaning on no) as well. I have not seen them but of course that does not mean there is not.

that's all I can think off right now I would have to look at it a little more later. but that appears to be all I can think off.

As I said before though it does look great I am just being picky
smile.gif

oh and to be even more picky you can put a disclaiming stating that the MVS titles were released in all countries and languages, I think that is pretty much understood but it could be mentioned. There may also be some expection here but aside from the prototypes and very rare mvs games (like iron clad) I can not think of any I would have question on.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
okay I know this should be typed up in another forum but this made me revist a subject with myself regarding a neo game list.

Should cd be included with the homecarts?

after all for the most part all the games are different. be it that they are using the cd for audio, smaller sprites in big memory games. extra codes (like playing the bosses in kabuki klash or amakusa in SS). extra stuff on the cd be it art galleries, combat schools, breeding, etc. after all the games were rewritten for the cd system even in the rare casses that they are exactly the same. and in these cases I still believe the music is playing off the cd, it just is a sample of the cart music recorded on cd.

there has also been some debate on what happen to the 100's in the ngh numbering. I have also though these numbers were used for the development of the cd's. after all as I was saying the games were developed differently to play on the cd system as opposed to the homecart. In some cases development was revisted like in the older games.

something to chew on and discuss, i am not saying I am right but just I thought to ponder. I am heading to dallas for another auction and will not be back till late tonight so I'll check back on what is said when I return.

Oh and if anyone would want to start a topic on this be my guest.

* All information in the above post is (c) 2000 Big Bruno INC. Any part within can not be copied without the consent of the author, or credit given to said author*
smile.gif

just joking of course. ah memories.......

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited October 07, 2000).]

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I like that CD's, AES, Carton, and MVS are included on the list myself. It really helps the collectors. Im not interested in collecting CD's now, I maybe after Im done with the carts. I could see wanting to have seperate lists too, but that would be alot of work.

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by Big Bruno:
a few exception I can think off

Aero fighters 3 cd comes in english and japanese (until a english cart is confirmed it is different)

Puzzle bobble is japan only on cd. that also brings up what language the cd only and (mvs-cd) releases are in.

Stakes Winner GI cd (no CI) is japanese only this can also almost be considered a different game since you breed the horse first to make your horse. I do not think in the stakes winner cart version you do that but I would have to double check. I only have stakes winners 2 not the first one.

Pulstar had a english cd release

also when it comes to the rarer english realease games like Voltage fighter Gowcaizer, Ninja master and Kizuna encounters. I am unsure if there is a equivalent englsih cd release (I am leaning on no) as well. I have not seen them but of course that does not mean there is not.

that's all I can think off right now I would have to look at it a little more later. but that appears to be all I can think off.

As I said before though it does look great I am just being picky
smile.gif

oh and to be even more picky you can put a disclaiming stating that the MVS titles were released in all countries and languages, I think that is pretty much understood but it could be mentioned. There may also be some expection here but aside from the prototypes and very rare mvs games (like iron clad) I can not think of any I would have question on.

Kizuna doesn't exist on CD,japanese or us
there is indeed an English CD version of Gowcaizer

about ninja masters,i only saw japanese version,but it isn't possible an us exist..i'm not in usa
smile.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Yeah actually I knew about the kizuna thing, I don't now why i put it up there. Really there is a english voltage fighter gowcaizer cd? now that I would like to see. I was surprised by the puzzle bobble. So I guess now you just have to find a English homecart of pulstar and a english cd of Ninja masters and then we can put the whole topic to rest.

oh, and by quoting my last post you are in voliation of international copyright laws and I will prosecute
biggrin.gif

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
A NINJA MASTER US CD version exist.
Guys I know own it.

FTL

Staff member
KIZUNA on cd.....!!You are right ,Adol
How could it be?!
In that game you can switch between two fighters....
Neogeo cd can't manage to load and play 2 fighters at same time.
Simply logical.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your friend has a copy, perhaps you could post a pic. I would like to see it. As far as Kizuna??? Why on earth would you think the neocd couldnt run 4 characters? It runs King of fighters '99 with Strikers? Those charcters have a lot more animation & higher meg count than Kizuna's. I would think it would run, but with bad loading time.
-nick_th_fury

Adol

The French Connection, ,
will finda pic soon,but us gowcaizer cd has been sold dozesn of times on ebay

now,i'm not sure about us ninja masters CD..

us pulstar does NOT exist at ALL

FTL

Staff member
Nick,I'll explain why KIZUNA can't run on neogeo cd.
Of course KOF (94-99) is on cd BUT neogeo play basically a ONE-ONE fighting;strikers in kof 99 are NON-PLAYABLE....it's always ONE-ONE.
Not so in KIZUNA where you do can allround control 2 fighters...it's a tag game!
That means neogeo cd shuold store too
much datas to avoid breaking action by loading tag patners moves when you switch...
Or you prefer a FREEZE when you switch on your tag patner?!
Never compare KOF to KIZUNA:KIZUNA is THE ONLY TAG game on the neo,KOF is a ONE-ONE fighting.
Infact team play in kof99 works out like a one-one fighting with striker sistem as an add where strikers do always same 1-2 moves.
A tag game, in my opinion, has more depth and involves more work in programming than a kof game.
Reckoning so,KOF 2000 has ACTIVE strikers system where strikers SHOULD be more interactive.Possibility of FULLY INTERACTING with your mate....
effective control on your patner.....
Have you played KIZUNA,NICK?
What a game!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
enough on the kizuna thing I already said I listed it up there by mistake. I was looking at the rare english carts and saw that listed up there. Yes I do own kizuna.

3 count bout is also a tag game and emulated on the cd. Kizuna is not the only tag game.

Also sure it would be difficult to code the game on the neo cd if anyone did, but come on the game is only 242 mega it not like it is some hugh beast like the kof series. (yes I know kof 94 is smaller) But really they could make the sprites smaller cut some frames of animation, remove some sound effect or samples. If they really wanted to make a cd version it could be done nothing is impossible.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
It has always been speculated that Kizuna would be impossible on CD.

Unless you're a programmer, I don't see how anyone could make this claim.

I agree with you Phil, I think its definitely possible. If it gets to be too much they would just cut frames like they did with AOF3. There are ways...

John

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Yes Ive played Kizuna on home cart. Its a great game. I really like it very much. My point is, the characters are much lower meg count than say a KOF'99 character. It could easily take up less memeory (RAM) to store 2 kizuna characters than it would one KOF character. So why couldnt the cd system store 4 kizuna characters. Thats what I'm talking about. Without true programers knowledge of these ames there is no way to really no what is impossible for the cd system & whats not.

Thats not true. I owned a US Pulstar CD for over a year. It does exist.
-nick_th_fury
----------------------------
us pulstar does NOT exist at ALL

FTL

Staff member
That right fire suplex is on cd but is NOT a real fighting game is a WRESTILG game;less moves for every fighter and nothing about combo system.....and half meg count.....
Kizuna is the ONLY real fighting game on NEOGEO.
Nick,also I owned a US pulstar cd.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Originally posted by FTL:
That right fire suplex is on cd but is NOT a real fighting game is a WRESTILG game;less moves for every fighter and nothing about combo system.....and half meg count.....
Kizuna is the ONLY real fighting game on NEOGEO.

Oh com on Now. 3 count bout is as much of a fighter as any neo fighting games. SNK even classifies it as a fighter. it is old, yes it does not have as very elborate fighting system. But it is still a fighter non the less. to say Kizuna is the only tag fighting game is being stubbron.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
WHAT A MESS !!

kizuna never made it to the neo cd
simply cos the neo cd CANT handle it

nick,mate,
'a know they made kof and all

but as you should know
the machine always has to load
2 fighters

and the strikers mean fuck all

they have 10 animations,
like,they come out,they do their bit
and off they are
dont really mean much
not much memory used for em srikers

so in the end it always has to load
2 fighters
VERY WELL ANIMATED AND ALL,alright?

but T W O !!!!

while Kizuna,
is the only game on the neo
where you can virtually use 4 chars
at the same time

and to the person who said summat about fire suplex,comparing it with kizuna??

cooooome on
the sprites were big and all
but they were poorly animated

you cant make a comparison
you were pushin it
too far

just ponder on this in the end

aof 3

2 fighters alright?

and they had to shrink em,
remember?

so just how less likely it is for em
to do the same with kizuna?

if in aof3 they had to reduce to a half
the size of the sprites,
and it was a 1 to 1

in kizuna,a 2 to 2 game

they'd prolly have to reduce the fighters
SO MUCH MORE

like...like in raguy

y'know,blue

the hero

imagine it

playing kizuna on your neo cd
magnifying glass included

a bit like robert's coin in aof3,eh?

Fran
( the "i still think Carol was a a fit fox
and i dont like Rosa much" dpt )

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
by the way

Nick?

you the same geezer who said something
ages ago about Galaxy fight eh?

and then had a go at me for
saying "typical yank attitude"??

its good to meet you again

me going mad,
or i also visited your site?

the one with Roomi and pics
of yer possessions,
bikes included?

is that you?

just curios

i'm sure i'll talk to ya laters

take care in the meantime,fella

ROCK ON,yeah?

Fran

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Lol, geezer eh? Alrighty then. :)

You remember sorta correctly. I'm the hugest Galaxy Fight fan! I love that game. Its one of the coolest fighters imo. Fast, furious, & awesome character design just make it a winner in my book. Damn, anyone got a mook they wanna send me? :)

Now i'm not saying the neocd could do a perfect job on kizuna. I have no idea. Im no programmer. I'm just saying if SNK wanted to, I think they could have made it. Your right though, they probably would shrink the characters & strip the animations. I feel the neocd did a pretty poor job on the KOF, & it would do a poor job on kizuna.
-nick_th_fury