Should The Marketplace Be Opened Up for Everyone?

Should The Marketplace Be Opened For Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Voted no. Explained in the other thread. Opening it up is going to be functionally the same (noobs and flippers are going to be shit on mercilessly anyway). Just make the rules more clear (post number + time active, whatever), automate the process so mods don't have to manually flip the switch and "the boyz" will take care of the moderation. Making fun of flippers and scammers is going to get old quickly.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
@Takumaji - two questions - when does this poll close, and, can anyone vote (because if they can your result will be skewed)?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I just got access, and I want all the noobs to check if Cory's meat tastes like chicken or not before they get in.
You fellas should listen to him. He was the world Gaires champion back in 1991.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
In my experience on other forums, both gaming and other hobbies, there are more active scammers nowadays than ever. The rise of the smart phone and social media has turned it into a full time job for some people. Now obviously the vast majority of membership here would sniff these guys out, but my fear is that the market forum would turn into a spam fest full of pages of chud once the floodgates open. And it would likely attract more bots.

That said, I think it would be a good idea to come up with a set standard for members to gain access instead of the current cluster that it is. Maybe 30 days and 15 posts or something like that. Even that little of a gate keeping would be enough to deter most of the troglodytes.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mods can make it so marketplace have to be approved I believe so it would be more work for them but allow control.

skall22300

n00b
Even tho I m a N00B but Based on my exp of other forums, a NO would make sense to keep the “space” cleaner and safer from scammers…

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Mods can make it so marketplace have to be approved I believe so it would be more work for them but allow control.

I do this on a FB group that I started to replace one that became a spam haven because the owners of the group got hacked and lost access. So the group keeps getting TONS of posts like "I need man women to assemble boxes for $40 an hour." Like several of them a day. So I turned on post approval in the replacement group. Its not that hectic since the group only has about 2200 members now, but I can imagine it could get hectic if tons of people start posting shit.

if Kern were to be MarketMod and had to approve shit, he would probably explode.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Maybe new members could be allowed to sidestep market qualifying by publicly degrading themselves, like wife pics, or talking to Joe9

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Over at atari age there has been more than one Nigerian scammer. They will answer wanted ads and provide pics from eBay auctions or similar, offer a price that seems reasonable and not ultra unrealistic. Some people got taken before things were uncovered.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Just stick your email address in the post then anyone viewing it can contact you, don't need to be a registered member.
I kinda like that.
Want to sell to outsiders, give them a way to contact you.
Outsiders want to sell here, Well join the community and become an insider.