Shock Troopers & Metal Slug 2 Coming Soon To Neo-Geo Station

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That's an awesome deal. I will probably pick up Metal Slug 2. I'm still trying to decide between Alpha Mission II and KOF 96.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
im sorry, i would not pay for MS2, rather just get X, im just saying, but shock troopers is boss

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I had no idea that the online play was active for the KoF games, I have my games on my PSP but have yet to plut them on the PS3. Looks like I am going to have to fire it up and show how bad I am to every one.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
50% sale on NG Station games on PSN this week:

http://cyberfanatix.com/

That's actually not too bad. I have yet to invest in any of the NeoGeo Station games but this may well get me to bite. Shock Troopers, The Metal Slugs, 96 and SamSho interest me the most. I want to be able to play those on my PS3 (and have a better version of Shock Troopers since the PS2 version has slowdown).

Problem is, I have all those games on other systems already so I don't know if I can justify this purchase. Why can't SNK have better games on PSN....?

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Problem is, I have all those games on other systems already so I don't know if I can justify this purchase. Why can't SNK have better games on PSN....?
Yeah, hopefully this means SNK is gearing up for more Neo Geo Station releases.

I think the biggest plus is the ability to play these games online. Earlier releases have iffy to terrible netcode, but later releases through the 'Station like Shock Troopers, Metal Slug 2 and KOF 96 are rock solid online. At 8.99 (now 4.49) it's pretty fuckin' awesome to play co-op Shock Troopers with my friend who lives hours away in a session that feels like we're in the same room.

The presentation is very professional, too. Plenty of sub options and dip switches to play with. Metal Slug 2 has a switch to bump up the virtual clock speed, eliminating nearly all of the slowdown in the game. They even give you the ability to record gameplay and watch it in a replay theater.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Oh snap I forgot these have online play. I also didn't know these games had extra bells & whistles like dipswitches. I think I may buy these after all.

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah man, definitely worth it. Sending you a PM with my PSN ID so you can add me for some co-op if you want.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
im sorry, i would not pay for MS2, rather just get X, im just saying, but shock troopers is boss

In case you are not aware of it, they removed the slowdowns in the PSN release.

I had no idea that the online play was active for the KoF games, I have my games on my PSP but have yet to plut them on the PS3. Looks like I am going to have to fire it up and show how bad I am to every one.

You will have to buy them again on PS3. The PS3 and PSP roms are sold separately.

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yep MS2 is buttery smooth. Just don't forget to flip the dip switch in the "extras" menu.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
50% off on all NeoGeo Station games on PSN. $4.5 each on PS3.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Last time there was a deal like this, the PS+ discount stacked, it was dirt cheap to get the whole collection with the PS+ discount + added discount.

That said, there's still the same library of games as when I bought the whole collection quite some time ago...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
List of games available:

Alpha Mission 2
Art of Fighting
BaseBall Stars Professionals + 2
Fatal Fury
KOF 94, 95, 96
Leage Bowling
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 1, 2