Shipping stuff US and International

lions3

Igniz's Servent
<itch to scratch>

Since there's a sales thread that got sidetracked about shipping items. I thought I would drop a note here. (Yes and probably be ignored) I want to give some random simple advice. Some I was given on the forum. The rest my stubborn ass finally figured out.

(This is what I do here in the US.)

Buy a $20 scale off Amazon. It's worth it. You'll use it MUCH more than you realize.

Shipping in the US:

https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

Fill it out the page. Weigh your box. Measure it. Print label. Drop at the Post office. done.

**Note, check the dropdowns for all shipping options. You CAN pick First Class. It just defaults to priority

Shipping International:

Go to USPS.com and create an account.

From the Nav pick Mail&Ship > Click-N-Ship

Pick the Country your shipping to and fill out the rest. Fill out the customs form, etc. Pay postage. Print label that includes your customs info. Go to post office. If you're shipping ONE international item first class they'll let you drop it off

**note - If it's more than one package or priority you'll be given a form with your shipping label. The post office will want to scan it. So yeah, you might have to wait in line.

</itch>

Anyone else feel like sharing some tips or advice.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
<itch to scratch>

Since there's a sales thread that got sit tracked about shipping items. I thought I would drop a note here. (Yes and probably be ignored) I want to give some random simple advice. Some I was given on the forum. The rest my stubborn ass finally figured out.

(This is what I do here in the US.)

Buy a $20 scale off Amazon. It's worth it. You'll use it MUCH more than you realize.

Shipping in the US:

https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

Fill it out the page. Weigh your box. Measure it. Print label. Drop at the Post office. done.

**Note, check the dropdowns for all shipping options. You CAN pick First Class. It just defaults to priority

Shipping International:

Go to USPS.com and create an account.

From the Nav pick Mail&Ship > Click-N-Ship

Pick the Country your shipping to and fill out the rest. Fill out the customs form, etc. Pay postage. Print label that includes your customs info. Go to post office. If you're shipping ONE international item first class they'll let you drop it off

**note - If it's more than one package or priority you'll be given a form with your shipping label. The post office will want to scan it. So yeah, you might have to wait in line.

</itch>

Anyone else feel like sharing some tips or advice.

Sage advice there. My cousin gave me a scale, and I used it a few times.

Another tip:

When I was a purchasing manager at a medical device company, I discovered Uline for shipping supplies. Buy bubble mailers in bulk to sell games. Most games except long boxes like PS1 stuff and Saturn and Sega CD can fit in these mailers.

Here's a link: https://www.uline.com/BL_1257/Uline-Self-Seal-Kraft-Bubble-Mailers

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Good stuff. It's definitely rough missing out on sales being up North in Canada, so good to see the process for shipping intl doesn't have to be hard for US folks.

I have a cheap scale myself, the thing has easily paid itself off.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Legit stuff. I've been using a basic kitchen scale for probably 10 years or so. It's rare I actually have to have postage printed at the PO, definitely worth the $15-20 spent on the scale.