Shinkiro signed my SS2 AES CART..life is really strange

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Nice, to be fair never knew who he was till i googled him but it is indeed a nice item as most things that get signed are not AES items and the video that goes along with it is the best provenance there is.

I once had Larry Hama sign a gi joe item i had but i am not really into getting things autographed.

ocean81

n00b
Hello everybody...
I'm one of the 3 possessors...
It's really sad to read about people shouting about value, ebay or selling the signed cart...in the meantime it's also really sad to read that a signed cart have no value...
A real SNK lover should know how much Shinkiro's work means.

Never been in forum et similia but.. have to say that first i 've been very lucky at the start of the 90's for knowing a japanese friend that in a pre-internet era broght to me all the latest games from Japan. Then, second luck, about ten years ago a dear friend of mine moved in Japan and now he works at Capcom from where occasionally sends me photos, clips, about fantastic characters and personalities that working there. Of course, being an neogeo uberfan, Shinkiro was the first which I asked about. Shinkiro has been and always will be, the Neo Geo's image . A couple of years ago gifts to me a picture book signed by him and this march, when i go back to Japan, I asked if it was possible to meet Mori san in person and..well, it was. So i am that clumsy, awkward, overwhelmed by emotion guy in this video that mumbles monosyllables and my son of 10 years old is the one with the camera(!). Shinkiro is a very private person, which certainly like to stay out of the spotlight. However, he agreed to meet me, even if for a few minutes and for me it was a .. well, "real-time emotion". We write at length with signatures and the inscriptions (I would feel guilty if I came back in Italy with such a thing just for me and not for my two friends) and so it was no possible to speak with him more time. It was monday morning too (!) and he can speak just Japanese anyway. My friend (his colleague) was my interpreter.
ok, that's all folk!

xorthen

Banned
I should ask rot to sign all of my neo geo games. With official Rot seal of approval.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey Otosan Otaking, nice to read about the meet. Can you share any more details? Did you really not talk about anything with Shinkiro?
How about his work at SNK back in the day? Or how he regards the game (SamSho II)?

Hey Otosan Otaking, nice to read about the meet. Can you share any more details? Did you really not talk about anything with Shinkiro?
How about his work at SNK back in the day? Or how he regards the game (SamSho II)?

Unfortunately not. I really would like to. The night before i mentally prepared some question for him and one of those was just if he played the neogeo games and if he own the the cartridges. My impression is the answer would be "no" but anyway it was not possible to make this question. Seems he was very busy that morning. Anyway he seemed very surprised and amused by my t-shirt :lolz:

lgroppo

n00b
Hi Otosan! so happy you are here!
Just remember, as someone told me, don't feed the troll :-)

Unfortunately not. I really would like to. The night before i mentally prepared some question for him and one of those was just if he played the neogeo games and if he own the the cartridges. My impression is the answer would be "no" but anyway it was not possible to make this question. Seems he was very busy that morning. Anyway he seemed very surprised and amused by my t-shirt :lolz:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Whoa - I wasn't trolling! Thank you Otosan Otaking, it is a shame you didn't ask him anything... that would've been more interesting to me.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i think it is pretty damn cool to have a signed SS2. congrats guys. not much to contribute to the discussion on this (or anything else for that matter...) but i can say i would love to own one! i bet the trip and meeting Shinkiro in the Capcom facility none the less, was amazing all by itself.