Shinkiro signed my SS2 AES CART..life is really strange

lgroppo

n00b
Hi everyone,
I spent litterally years lurking at this great forum, never thought that someday i'll have something to share with you.

In 2013 i sold every AES cart i had, never thought i'll have another one again BUT life is strange:
a dear friend of mine went to JAPAN recently and met Shinkiro, really him in person, and made me this beautiful present of a SS2 CART hand signed by Shinkiro in the cover and in the booklet.

He signed us three CART and yesterday we were wondering: does anyone out there has something like this? Are these some unique ones?

Maybe we have the rarest of the most common NEO GEO AES cart , maybe there are a lot like these out there!
We have to discover so we decided to share what happened us to all of you.

SS2 is our most appreciated one for artwork so it was an easy decision to made.

Share your thoughts , look at the video! (this is my first youtube video, hope to have uploaded it correctly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paSvxtXQLlY

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's indeed very nice of him.

How long til eBay? :snack:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
A lot of people get things signed, that doesn't make it any more valuable or rare. Getting something signed is more of a "I'm a fan of yours, can you sign this?" Anyone that gets things signed as then says "rare" or "what is it worth?" Obviously doesn't care much about the artist, only value. Nice that its signed though.

lgroppo

n00b
Terribly right but we're not talling about something signed by a singer, a sportsman or something like that and i'm not asking the worth. I di have a tshirt signed by valentino rossi, the most important "value" of that shirt was meeting him. We were just thinking if some one else has ever make shinkiro sign something, he didn't have that kind of public exposure like some other famous artist can have.
We didn't found anything anywhere so we're asking about that

A lot of people get things signed, that doesn't make it any more valuable or rare. Getting something signed is more of a "I'm a fan of yours, can you sign this?" Anyone that gets things signed as then says "rare" or "what is it worth?" Obviously doesn't care much about the artist, only value. Nice that its signed though.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Is it rare? no idea. Is it cool? YES. Would love to have my SS2 signed. Does it add any value to the AES game? My guess is probably not too much.

If it's like a signed MTG card, they neither raise or lower the card's value. It's just an added coolness factor for those that care. I have a signed Unlimited Time Walk. It's still the same value as one unsigned.

Congrats on such an amazing opportunity. Jealous.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
What's all this "we" talk? You got a mouse in your pocket?

lgroppo

n00b
"We" because we are 3 different person ... I'm making this post for all of us, and we're reading your answers together.

What's all this "we" talk? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Last edited:

lgroppo

n00b
Funny, but wait no it's not. why people like you always thinks about money? I had a discussion in an italian forum about neo geo collecting. I really think that there are some genuine collector around and people who buy aes just for resell. I know a person here in Italy who has a "neo geo hotel" and he's never going to sell it because he loves it.
We're not the kind of people looking for profit and i do hate aes collector that always thinks to "win" because they have money.

WOW ULTRA RARE SIGNED! OMG SO RARE SO MINTY! BUY IT NOW 10,000 US DOLLARS

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so this is the "interesting content (regarding Shinkiro)" and the "'particular' goodies" you were talking about here?

underwhelming.

Also Shinkiro is looking very alienated... I wonder why. Has your buddy talked to him about anything related to the game/art/process of development/...? Anything more interesting than "look at this video showing how Shinkiro signed my stuff! I'm super awesome now!"?

lgroppo

n00b
Yes it is but to answer to your question the fact is that we had to edit the video (that is shot in capcom) and we have to remove any reference in the video and any particular question we made him (and he answered). you know he's not going to talk of what he was doing except saying he was something related to marvel. So i think it will be some kind of Marvel VS Capcom .. again.. terrible.... i don't like that game.
The funny thing was that the friend of mine went in there in capcom with a black t-shirt "SNK, the future is now" and that he refuses to sign a cap com artwork he made (Final fight 1 for GBA).
Yes, it will be super awesome if no one has another one like us, and no i'm not super awesome because i have one.

so this is the "interesting content (regarding Shinkiro)" and the "'particular' goodies" you were talking about here?

underwhelming.

Also Shinkiro is looking very alienated... I wonder why. Has your buddy talked to him about anything related to the game/art/process of development/...? Anything more interesting than "look at this video showing how Shinkiro signed my stuff! I'm super awesome now!"?

lgroppo

n00b
Never cared about the flag under the user avatar, just always looked at the content but i can't really understand some answers.
Yesterday an italian member explained me something, i'm not used of that kind of "drama".
In some days the other friends of mine will post, they're waiting for member confirmation, maybe together we can better explain what happened.

2015 was worse.

lgroppo

n00b
They registered yesterday, they are waiting for privilege to post a reply. Tomorrow i hope.
One is the guy you can see in the video, the other is the other one that has the cart.
Hope tomorrow they'll post.

We did choose together to share what happened, maybe it was better not sharing?

That didn't come across creepy at all.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bunch of jealous-Jerrys up in this post... Jealous-Jeremys? I don't know... Really nice item to have signed, tbh. I've met a few SNK artists at E3s over the years and had little items signed. Posters, a Terry hat, things like that. I don't think the signatures add any value, but then I have never really been one to try and up the value of my goods in some way like that. I agree with the above: Really cool item from an artist you respect, and a game you love. :)

Don't fret over it too much Igroppo. Folks here are so jaded these days. This forum used to go gaga over the little fan things much more in the past... but I think the last few waves of collectorism burned out everyone's ability to just enjoy the little stuff.

Envious Evans! Nah...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Excellent!

Shinkiro was the face of SNK, quality-wise things went downhill when he left. I really admire his work.

Take good care of that signed cart, man! :)

We did choose together to share what happened, maybe it was better not sharing?

Just ignore some of those idiot comments, some people here clearly have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
You're a lucky guy, and congrats on getting the signed cart!

Honor it for the kind gesture it was by keeping a hold of it. Don't worry about the dollar value. Just find a nice shelf to display it on, and enjoy.

lgroppo

n00b
Thank you! We do really admire him too.
Really waiting for the friend of mine to be registered so they will add something more to this thread, i don't want to it because they have to and not me (in particular the guy in the video).
Hope tomorrow they will be able to.

Really happy someone can appreciate the effort that friend of mine had for meeting him, i really DO!

Excellent!

Shinkiro was the face of SNK, quality-wise things went downhill when he left. I really admire his work.

Take good care of that signed cart, man! :)

Just ignore some of those idiot comments, some people here clearly have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Thank you! We do really admire him too.
Really waiting for the friend of mine to be registered so they will add something more to this thread, i don't want to it because they have to and not me (in particular the guy in the video).
Hope tomorrow they will be able to.

Really happy someone can appreciate the effort that friend of mine had for meeting him, i really DO!

If the registration process of your friends' accounts takes too long, gimme a shout and I'll take care of it.