Shenmue The Animation

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I prefer the hentai where Ryo finally finds the sailors he was looking for and gets gangbanged by them and Lan Di(ck)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Wasn't bad...will have to see a couple more to decide if it's worth watching. New eps every Saturday night on Toonami.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Unless Lan Di gets his F***ing neck snapped at some point I'm out. I've already suffered too much at the hands of Shenmue. I played the first two games on DC with no satisfaction. I'll be damned if I give Shenmue another cent.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
If they get a second season...will Ryo stalking/grooming Fangmei be part of the anime?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Unless Lan Di gets his F***ing neck snapped at some point I'm out. I've already suffered too much at the hands of Shenmue. I played the first two games on DC with no satisfaction. I'll be damned if I give Shenmue another cent.

The game was clearly aiming to show Ryo learning that revenge is a hollow pursuit. They let the player in on it first and then Ryo would eventually get it. It sounds like you missed what little point the game had, so I agree that you should abandon the series.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The game was clearly aiming to show Ryo learning that revenge is a hollow pursuit. They let the player in on it first and then Ryo would eventually get it. It sounds like you missed what little point the game had, so I agree that you should abandon the series.
Oh right so there's like a real life lesson to be learnt while playing the game. I see, well that's a fucking terrible idea for a video game. Do you learn all your life lessons in video game format? because so far that sounds like a yes.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I can see your point, but I'd have to disagree. I think it's more like they were trying to stretch out the games as far as they can. Remember when originally Shenmue was supposed to be a 16 part game?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Can't wait to watch this.

Episode 1: Opening drawers
Episode 2: Ine-san is a human being!
Episode 3: Nozomi no Pussy: Friend Zone Densetsu
Episode 4: Bomboclaat!
Episode 5: Space Harrier
Episode 6: Mao Bless
Episode 7: Enter the Gollum
Episode 8: Fuck you, watch Yakuza instead

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the delivery was horrible but that line really gives me the feels. No one can understand it unless they lived here. 几年前,我是中国人。

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I can see your point, but I'd have to disagree. I think it's more like they were trying to stretch out the games as far as they can. Remember when originally Shenmue was supposed to be a 16 part game?
I do. Have you ever heard of a 16 part revenge story? Sounds like something even more boring than Shenmue. 15-40 hours each over 16 parts trying to get the same guy?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member

Episode "Sweet" 16 : I didn't know Fangmei was that young, honest, Officer!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I dig this show so far. It's a big step up from the Blade Runner anime which occupied the same timeslot previously.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

I’m currently replaying Shenmue 2 HD.

Episode 1: Hey that kid stole my shit
Episode 2: Ginger girl insta-friend zone special
Episode 3: Let’s get a job moving crates to pay my rent
Episode 4: Hot Martial Arts girl - sofa surfing special
Episode 5: Let’s air some books!

That’s as far as I’ve got so far. Filler between these key events has been buying lighters, arm wrestling with sailors, losing all Ryo’s money on ‘lucky hit’, finding maps to buy but then never using them, and following single women around Hong Kong for ‘directions’.

I can’t wait for the Anime!

Last edited: