Shenmue 3 might still come out after all

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Dude should just buy the rights and throw it together in a couple books, then use that funding to make 3-7 if the book sales are pumped enough.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I met the writer behind both Shenmue games, at a local bar, a few times actually. He showed me Yu Suzuki's phone number in his cell phone phone book. I was the only person in the bar who had heard of "Shenmue", so he was happy that someone appreciated his work.

He also used to write for the very old "Teddy Ruxpin" cartoon if anyone remembers that. Teddy Ruxpin and Shenmue!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
in highschool, i believe i might have been 16 at the time. i didn't get a car for my birthday, or even driving lessons. i got cash and could have gotten my own driving lessons started. i instead opted to pop down to gamefellas (game shop back in austin, dunno if they still exist.) i bought a used DC, gundam side story 0079, skies of arcadia, grandia II, and shenmue. everything was good, the games all went down well, nothing really mindblowing about any of them, until i played shenmue. the story, the action, the hunt for sailors with tattoos. the game was fantastic, amazing, i couldn't put into words how engrossed and in love i was with that game. i rushed through it, then played it again to collect the little sega toys, and all sorts of other trinkets.

i didn't have the cash to get the second one on the DC, at the time PAL versions were through the roof and i was a teenager with a job flipping burgers who wanted a car, and besides i got an xbox that christmas and shenmue 2 was first on my list of games to get. and it was nothing less than stellar. if there truly is going to be a third shenmue i don't care what the price point is, what system it will be on, i will find a way to play it. this series of games is easily near the top of my list of great games. and i would find a way to play it by whatever means i could. i realize the amount of fans the games have isn't anywhere near as huge as the cost of what making the third would cost. but maybe do like working designs did, put out the games you love because you know someone else out there might love them too, and give them big fancy box sets, and limited releases, and sell what you can. i want this, bad.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
in highschool, i believe i might have been 16 at the time. i didn't get a car for my birthday, or even driving lessons. i got cash and could have gotten my own driving lessons started. i instead opted to pop down to gamefellas (game shop back in austin, dunno if they still exist.) i bought a used DC, gundam side story 0079, skies of arcadia, grandia II, and shenmue. everything was good, the games all went down well, nothing really mindblowing about any of them, until i played shenmue. the story, the action, the hunt for sailors with tattoos. the game was fantastic, amazing, i couldn't put into words how engrossed and in love i was with that game. i rushed through it, then played it again to collect the little sega toys, and all sorts of other trinkets.

i didn't have the cash to get the second one on the DC, at the time PAL versions were through the roof and i was a teenager with a job flipping burgers who wanted a car, and besides i got an xbox that christmas and shenmue 2 was first on my list of games to get. and it was nothing less than stellar. if there truly is going to be a third shenmue i don't care what the price point is, what system it will be on, i will find a way to play it. this series of games is easily near the top of my list of great games. and i would find a way to play it by whatever means i could. i realize the amount of fans the games have isn't anywhere near as huge as the cost of what making the third would cost. but maybe do like working designs did, put out the games you love because you know someone else out there might love them too, and give them big fancy box sets, and limited releases, and sell what you can. i want this, bad.

clapper.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

popeye+the+sailor+2.jpg