SF3 third strike- question about the CD

ninja maestro

World Soccer '96
As most people know, there are 2 versions of this game, A and B. As far as I know, the A version has a lot of silly unblockables that were taken out in version B.

Now, apparently there is a release of this game that doesnt use a cd driver. So is it a case of version A uses the drive and version B doesnt? Or are there CD and non CD of each version? Is one more reliable than the other? And (I hate to ask this but) is the cd or non cd version more desirable.

Apologies if this is old news, but im just getting into CPS3.

Oh yeah, whats the name of the guy who changes cps3 batteries on this web site?:(

Thanks in advance!

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
The person that changes the cps3 battery is Meanbean

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
ninja maestro said:
As most people know, there are 2 versions of this game, A and B. As far as I know, the A version has a lot of silly unblockables that were taken out in version B.

Now, apparently there is a release of this game that doesnt use a cd driver. So is it a case of version A uses the drive and version B doesnt? Or are there CD and non CD of each version? Is one more reliable than the other? And (I hate to ask this but) is the cd or non cd version more desirable.

Apologies if this is old news, but im just getting into CPS3.

Oh yeah, whats the name of the guy who changes cps3 batteries on this web site?:(

Thanks in advance!

AFAIK, the CD version is more desirable, I've read stuff where it said the no CD version had a dedicated mobo... :(

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I have a no-cd version with the unblockables.
Battery was easier to change on this cause somehow it seemed more stable.
Also this version is less space consuming cause there is no scsi drive.

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
May i know if you have japanese no cd version or asia one?

ni-ten

War Room Troll
Japanese one.
Also had the asia version but that has japanese voices edited out.