seriously... Titanfall

Dats whack, yo.

I just bought it online, day one. Cheaper and so much easier. Even easier to do than with the PS3/4, as I just paid with my regular MasterCard. No need to buy gift cards online or anything. And to think M$ was going to make this the most extremely restrictive console ever...

I use my credit card on PSN all the time, is that different in Denmark?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Damn that sucks. You should at least be able to store the textures on the drive. If not then I might not be getting the 360 version since I have the older jet engine 360 and I don't want to hear that thing spin up all the time.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Damn that sucks. You should at least be able to store the textures on the drive. If not then I might not be getting the 360 version since I have the older jet engine 360 and I don't want to hear that thing spin up all the time.

I'd never play a game on the 360 that couldn't be installed. My precious JP 360 is too, well, precious for that kinda shit ;)

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
seriously loving this. If youre on 360, my name is rinconrincon ...Lets play

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I'd never play a game on the 360 that couldn't be installed. My precious JP 360 is too, well, precious for that kinda shit ;)

Yeah something about the way they use the DVD drive to buffer and load textures in game. The same thing Bungie did for Halo 3 on 360.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
Using the remote controlled explosives in hardpoint along with the perk that detonates all bombs when you die is crucial. Its like trolling titanfall.
As for the modes, the only two I really like is attrition and hardpoint. The limited unlockables and customization still gets my goat.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Using the remote controlled explosives in hardpoint along with the perk that detonates all bombs when you die is crucial. Its like trolling titanfall.
As for the modes, the only two I really like is attrition and hardpoint. The limited unlockables and customization still gets my goat.

I use the sachels for the rodeo, drop all of them on the titan then blow it up. I need to get used to using the cloaking. When I get my own xbone then I'll have more time with it.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hearing on how they didn't botch the 360 port I'm considering getting this and having one last hurrah before my Live runs out. I still think it sucks that they want a full 60 dollars for an online only game. It's just going to get worse if I pick it up later because everybody's going to have the uber powered guns and Titans and steamroll over all the new players. I'm really interested in seeing if the 360 version will sell more copies then on the Bone.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The game is well balanced. You won't get steam rolled. This isn't CoD.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The game is well balanced. You won't get steam rolled. This isn't CoD.

Exactly.

Hearing on how they didn't botch the 360 port I'm considering getting this and having one last hurrah before my Live runs out. I still think it sucks that they want a full 60 dollars for an online only game. It's just going to get worse if I pick it up later because everybody's going to have the uber powered guns and Titans and steamroll over all the new players. I'm really interested in seeing if the 360 version will sell more copies then on the Bone.

You can't think of COD when you play this game since your map traveling isn't like COD. You never have other players blocking your line of fire by standing right in front of you, you never rub shoulders with other players at a bottleneck in the map, you don't get spawn killed.

When you play the game and get used to the jetpacks it opens up many routes you can take opposed to COD's straight line "2D" maneuverability. Think more vertical.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Walljump.

Walljump.

Walljump.

Every single time I play a map I find different ways to move around it.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
does this game have a decent single player campaign w/ good replay value? ... or is it focused primarily on multiplayer?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There is no single player.

This is an online multiplayer game like Quake 3 Arena and the every Battlefield Game prior to BF3.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Game's coming on Tuesday, add me on Live if you haven't already. Moon Jump81 is the name that pays.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I couldn't use any of my old names, I don't know if it's because they are reserved for reactivation or people already had them so my XBL is XianXi.

I just got worked my first game, kids were distracting me...lol

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Ive been into this on the X1 for a bit now, only mid g2 at the time of this post.. but its been a great game. Really surprising balance, given the theme.

names in sig, always open for an invite.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Got the game yesterday and played through half of the "story" missions as the military. Gotta unlock more stuff. I gotta learn the best routes to freerun through, most times I walk out into the open I get stepped on or sniped...or a combination of both.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Almost thirty hours under my belt and I still don't parkour shit properly.

I'm the king of Hardpoint Domination though. Sort of.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing I love about this game is every round is always different. You will rarely get a consistent score like COD. Only thing I dislike is the scoring system, I've always said since MW2 that scoring should be accumulative. If pilot has 100HP and I do 80HP damage and then some asshole does the last 20HP damage he gets the 100 points. Same with Titans, I usually destroy a lot of titans but someone always comes in when I am reloading and there is only about 10% of life left on the titan and then I get the assist. So recently I've been just waiting until the last second to steal the titan kills as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
One thing I love about this game is every round is always different. You will rarely get a consistent score like COD. Only thing I dislike is the scoring system, I've always said since MW2 that scoring should be accumulative. If pilot has 100HP and I do 80HP damage and then some asshole does the last 20HP damage he gets the 100 points. Same with Titans, I usually destroy a lot of titans but someone always comes in when I am reloading and there is only about 10% of life left on the titan and then I get the assist. So recently I've been just waiting until the last second to steal the titan kills as well.

I thought one of the MW games actually scored like this?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The servers took a shit this afternoon. Of course when I thought I'd hop on and play a quick game. They say their back up and running now so I'll be on again later tonight. I finally finished all of the "campaign". I'd still would have liked to have seen an actual story mode with the world they created. It's hard to keep track of what's going on in the game while listing to the chatter of the people on the radio.

I remember hearing people say how you need a hard drive to play the game on the 360 and it HAS to install 1.6 gigs to your drive. Well...mine didn't. In fact the game doesn't even give me the option to install the game to my hard drive. I first booted up the game expecting to just leave it on while the disk installed but instead I got a loading bar for "installing HD content* (Is that High Def or Hard Drive?) then the game booted right up. The game's been working fine, hasn't really had any issues. I'd love to install the game to my console since my 360 sounds like a fucking jet turbine compared to my Triple.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It just installs some textures I believe.

You can't do a full install of the game for the same reason you shouldn't install Halo 3. The game takes data off the discs and writes it to the hard drive as you play the game to speed up the loading (or something like that) - if you installed the game it would still attempt to do the same thing.

Last edited: