seriously... Titanfall

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I might look in to the 360 version if reviews don't say it's pure garbage.

I'm just looking for a dudebro shooter I can play while drinking beers and bullshitting with my friends online.

I'm waiting until the end of this year before I pick up a new console.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I might look in to the 360 version if reviews don't say it's pure garbage.

I'm just looking for a dudebro shooter I can play while drinking beers and bullshitting with my friends online.

I'm waiting until the end of this year before I pick up a new console.

Yes I am in the same mindset here.

Leaning toward PS4 on my end though. MS really went bonkers to me with the XBone.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'll definitely be going the PS4 route.

I'm too stubborn to get a gaming PC. I also like that the upfront cost of a console is still lower. $399 for dat Quadruple is attractive.

I'm hoping for a good pack-in deal around Xmas time.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Word round the campfire is that some people have already prestiged ten times.

Crazy.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
The first guy did it in less than three days.

And they're called Generations in Titanfall ;)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I have no idea why more developers didn't stick with the Halo 3 ranking model... that was always my personal favorite and was one of the better true indicators of skill instead of these progression-based ranking systems.

Granted, you very well could get sneaky and get up there in other ways, but for the most part, if someone was a 50, there was a good chance that they were a pretty good player.

As for the modes? I like the standard Attrition, which is the standard mode.

It's pretty much a point-based Deathmatch, but how they structure the matches makes it kind of unique and quite fun; but really, I kind of like them all, which is odd as there always at least a couple I tend to glaze over due to disinterest. But I guess when you incorporate free running, jetpacks, and giant robots, it's all going to be good.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
nah,i think they need more time to get this port where it needs to be. Has anyone actually seen any in-game 360 footage yet?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No, they haven't released any 360 footage yet and the 360 port was a fairly recent announcement (January IIRC) which is what is fueling speculation that the port will be hastily rushed garbage.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
As cool as this game looks, I still can't bring myself to change my mind about the lack of a campaign mode.

Even on the off chance that I lose my brain and decide 'you know what, I'm giong to try it ayway', the only people left playing in two or three months will be the hardcore players and I don't feel like logging in just to die and I certainly won't care enough to 'git gud' at it when I have a backlog of games already.

It's a shame. I was really onboard until they went multi only. I don't like that business model in general.

Game Overthinker posted an interesting thought which I'm actually in agreement with. If I buy a game at launch and then revisit it a year later, it's the same game. Titanfall won't be that because by then, all the casuals and average skill players will have bolted and the only ones left will be the hardcore. The game will only get harder over time.

I guess I'm just a little annoyed because I wanted to play this game, but I hate multiplayer FPS and it looks like a cool game. Co-op would have been better. It made Gears bearable. Horde mode in Gears 2 is still one of my favorite co-op game modes of all time. Excellent application of tower defense mechanics, too.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
The thing about Titanfall is that it's insanely fun even for the people that aren't all that good at it. It's been designed in a way so that the hardcore competitive players can co-exist with the casual players on the same playing field and everyone can get some enjoyment out of it. But I honestly don't care about single player so much any more, so this game works for me. Gaming has become very social for me in recent years. I tend to stick to co-op and multi experiences for the most part.

I regenerated for the first time the other night. I'm probably just going to stay at Gen 2 forever. There's no real benefit to it and the challenges to regenerate become more of a pain in the ass the deeper you get in generations. I'm pretty much just playing this when I have more than a couple friends online, and switching over to Dark Souls II when no one is online or I have a DS co-op bro online... Sort of a pain co-oping in that though, even with the supposed "improvements" to that mechanic. From just really hates people playing together in their game. At least people that actually know each other. Works great for randoms.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
If anyone has been on the fence on getting a system and game, looks like now is the time. You can the Titanfall bundle for $449 from Walmart or Best Buy online...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7...all-bundle-drops-to-$449-at-walmart-best-buy/

Not going to change my mind on the system, but it's a good deal for anyone that has been patiently waiting.
That's a sweet deal, but I'm still going to hold out.
Like I said before, Titanfall was supposed to be XBO's system seller until the holiday season, but with these price drops, I don't think it's happening.
I'm sure if I wait a bit more, there's going to be better deals down the line.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
This fucking game... most fun I have had with a multiplayer FPS in a long time.

Definitely up there with Goldeneye and Halo in terms of my overall favorites in terms of fun factor.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Hit Generation 2 after about 20 hours; the last 10 levels went by really quick when I got my groove down and found the right build(s) for my style.

Started playing with the Shotgun a lot, and while it was never a weapon I liked in other games, I fucking love the thing in this one.

Getting some seriously killer streaks with that thing and having a blast with it; also getting some decent streaks with the Smart Pistol but I definitely can't use it as well as some others can.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I was fucking annoyed with the game when I played earlier tonight. Either I wound up on a straight up bad team or my teammates in hardpoint or flag-capture seemed to have NO CLUE as to how to play those modes. This happens way too fucking often these days. I think I'll look into getting that new inFamous game and putting down Tittyfall for a little while...