seriously... Titanfall

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I don't think it's LITERALLY COD, because then it would be called COD, or EA would be facing a lawsuit, or something.

I've played the last many COD's (except for Black Ops 2) and BF4, so I guess I should feel right at home.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Game is literally cod. I played the demo its a lag fest supports six players and throws a ton of bots to make up for it. It also only runs at 30fps. I wasnt impressed battlefield 4 was better.

have to disagree with you... i had a great experience with the beta...

if it was cod i'd hate it, i got over that crap years ago... this is a new game and it feels like it... sure you can't help but compare some things when the team behind it worked on cod but seriously its a good game in its own right

also saying BF4 is better isn't fair either... BF4 is a different kind of FPS in my opinion...

titanfall certainly feels tailored to the consoles, which is perhaps why some people won't like it (more hardcore PC FPS players?), but i haven't been this keen for an MP shooter since the first modern warfare game which is kinda saying something cause i haven't played the crap out of an FPS online for a loooong time

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I read somewhere its a 50gb pc download? i dont even think i would even steal/download it

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Guys! Saner FINALLY posted a video review! YES!

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I suck some serious donkey balls at it, but the game is just tons of fun. It runs really well at 60 fps.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I suck some serious donkey balls at it, but the game is just tons of fun. It runs really well at 60 fps.

hahah yeah

i wasn't the best at CoD but i could do pretty well every so often yet i am getting destroyed here

good times though

game looks great and runs well on my PC

i get the occasional graphical glitch that forces me to close the game to fix it which is annoying, but i can deal

controls are super-smooth and take no time at all to get accustomed to

haven't noticed any lag in online games, but again, graphical glitches are weighing the experience down a bit

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
just played for two hours straight

didn't get the weird glitch again at all

getting the hang of it a bit more too

game is fast-paced and fun as hell

i knew i was going to dig this

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Basically, I played this game all day yesterday and my overall impression: it's awesome and it doesn't resemble CoD in the slightest.

I could see why people might think it looks like CoD when you watch gameplay videos (I know I did), but once you get into it, there's not much at all to use to directly compare it to CoD--this could be a very polarizing game for fans of the series, but for the general gamer, it's a good thing.

CoD was all about getting an enemy in your sights first and almost all the time, that would leave the person with the crosshairs on them with little-to-no chance of winning the encounter, but in this game, while there is a definite advantage to getting the drop on someone, it's not so overwhelming that you can't stand a chance. Your human characters (or: Pilots), have much more health than they did/do in CoD and have many more options in terms of maneuverability to avoid being taken out so easily. The other main difference is that while CoD was all about rewarding people who play well with powerful tools to kill more people than they already have, Titanfall tends to balance this out better so that you're never absurdly too powerful to fight against.

I know there was a lot of negative criticism in this thread about the lack of a real Campaign and if that's something you want in your games? Then you should definitely skip this, because the "Campaign" (used in the loosest of ways) in this game is skeletal at best. You do have to go through it to unlock some things and I did, but it's so inconsequential to the whole part of the game, that I don't see why they even bothered to structure it the way they did. But, I was just in for the Multiplayer, so I personally couldn't care less, and the Multiplayer, is in fact, very damn fun.

If people want to know more about the game I will be happy to tell them, but that's the longest post I have typed in a long time and the use of paragraphs has left me exhausted.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Basically, I played this game all day yesterday and my overall impression: it's awesome and it doesn't resemble CoD in the slightest.

I could see why people might think it looks like CoD when you watch gameplay videos (I know I did), but once you get into it, there's not much at all to use to directly compare it to CoD--this could be a very polarizing game for fans of the series, but for the general gamer, it's a good thing.

CoD was all about getting an enemy in your sights first and almost all the time, that would leave the person with the crosshairs on them with little-to-no chance of winning the encounter, but in this game, while there is a definite advantage to getting the drop on someone, it's not so overwhelming that you can't stand a chance. Your human characters (or: Pilots), have much more health than they did/do in CoD and have many more options in terms of maneuverability to avoid being taken out so easily. The other main difference is that while CoD was all about rewarding people who play well with powerful tools to kill more people than they already have, Titanfall tends to balance this out better so that you're never absurdly too powerful to fight against.

I know there was a lot of negative criticism in this thread about the lack of a real Campaign and if that's something you want in your games? Then you should definitely skip this, because the "Campaign" (used in the loosest of ways) in this game is skeletal at best. You do have to go through it to unlock some things and I did, but it's so inconsequential to the whole part of the game, that I don't see why they even bothered to structure it the way they did. But, I was just in for the Multiplayer, so I personally couldn't care less, and the Multiplayer, is in fact, very damn fun.

If people want to know more about the game I will be happy to tell them, but that's the longest post I have typed in a long time and the use of paragraphs has left me exhausted.

I would like to know about the weapons in the game.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I would like to know about the weapons in the game.

Am I the only guy playing this? Seems odd.

ANYWAY

I spent a lot of time playing this... A LOT OF TIME... almost at Rank 50.

I can't stress how much goddamn fun this game is once you get the gameplay mechanics/controls down and are freely bouncing off maps like a fucking cyborg ninja or some shit.

As for the weapons? They're all described pretty well here:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/titanfall-guide-weapons-titans-tactical-abilities-loadouts-tips-and-tricks

One of the more surprising aspects is just how balanced the weapons are; I have seen plenty of people using all types of setups and playing well enough with them (although my encounters with Snipers are few and far between on this game.) My personal preference is the Compact SMG/Mag Launcher as they're two quick-fire, speedy weapons that work well with my run-and-gun play style, but I plan on start playing around with other options soon since I almost have it all unlocked. Only thing I don't agree with in that article is how they kind of gloss over the Smart Pistol--even though I personally have yet to use it I have seen some people just utterly ruin days with that thing.

Same goes with Titan loadouts as well; there's definitely a lot of variation that all seems to work well enough where each person can play their own way and not feel cheated because someone else is playing with "optimal" equipment.

I would definitely say the balance this game strikes is its most impressive aspect.

Last edited:

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
i played enough to get through both campaign's and replayed a couple of them to try and get the victory on each mission achievements (haven't got them yet) and it is pretty fun... i haven't felt like playing a competitive FPS this much since probably CoD4... so thats saying something

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I finally got a chance to play it last night. I love it. 6v6 is actually really balanced with all that is going on, I think anything higher would be like domination on shipment when everyone has 3xFrags on COD4. Speaking of COD4, I think that is the reason why I like this game. It feels just as balanced as COD4 did. I think what really killed COD was the ridiculous kill streaks anyone could configure as their own. Now it's back on a level playing field like COD4 and has an arcade feel as well.

I NEVER got spawn trapped, I NEVER got killed as soon as I spawned either. My first Titan I did horrible in but second time was a lot better. I'm glad they raised the titan counter to 3:25(?) up from 2:00 iirc. I need to get used to seeing the cloakers as I usually run right passed them. The jetpack usage is like second nature, everything is done with the A button so I was glad it wasn't complex.

I look forward to playing it again. I had a lot of fun playing it the first time even though I did horrible 3-0-1-7 but the second game I got 10-2-8-4 so it was a great improvement over the first game.

The thing that is interesting is when you regenerate aka prestige. Everything resets like a normal prestige but you now earn XP at an accelerated rate. I think 1st prestige is 10% more and then it goes up with each regeneration.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
the jumping and wall running you can feel like a total bad ass... lol

jump.. double jump... wall run.. jump off straight into a window... take down dudes or grunts/spectres... ah so fun!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Man, I really want to play this. Don't think my PC is up to par.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It's coming on the 360 in 2 weeks or something.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
It's coming on the 360 in 2 weeks or something.

problem with that is, are people going to be playing it on 360? MP games are only as good as the amount of people playing it... i feel xbox one will have the most... pc a close second but i still think there will be less on PC because its not "hardcore" enough for PC FPS players... that and lots of people refuse to use origin, etc

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
problem with that is, are people going to be playing it on 360? MP games are only as good as the amount of people playing it... i feel xbox one will have the most... pc a close second but i still think there will be less on PC because its not "hardcore" enough for PC FPS players... that and lots of people refuse to use origin, etc

You realise microsoft sold about 80 millions xbox360, right?

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
You realise microsoft sold about 80 millions xbox360, right?

lol yes i do... and your point is probably enough in itself... have to wait and see i guess... the fact it is being done by someone else and MS have said very little on it doesn't make it sound like it'll be great on 360, but maybe it will and thats why they aren't saying much... will have to wait and see

at the end of the day you're best playing it on PC or Xbone if you can though

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
lol yes i do... and your point is probably enough in itself... have to wait and see i guess... the fact it is being done by someone else and MS have said very little on it doesn't make it sound like it'll be great on 360, but maybe it will and thats why they aren't saying much... will have to wait and see

at the end of the day you're best playing it on PC or Xbone if you can though

Yeah, I would have bought the PC version if if my PC wasn't such an outdated pos. From what I've heard, the 360 version is going to be sub 720p @ 30fps.