seriously... Titanfall

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, I'm a mech fan big time. If they did make a campaign I would have already bought the system and pre-ordered the game. I used to like playing games like Virtual On, Mechwarrior and Armored Core (Until the series went weird). Supposedly some of the multiplayer maps play like a campaign from what I've heard but of course you can be submerged in a full campaign feel in multiplayer.

I have a hard time believing that. If the game's primary function is multiplayer versus, where will it find the time to indulge the very elements that comprise a single player campaign and separate it from all the fragging?

Maybe this game'll be different. I guess we'll see.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm in the same boat as the others that don't care about competitive multiplayer.

Give me an interesting single player or online co-op campaign, otherwise GTFO.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Maybe they'll do something cynical like add a single player campaign as pay DLC.

I always look at games that are solely multiplayer versus with a cynical eye.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Meh no singleplayer...and its a CoD like game which will most likely attract the braindead CoD idiots...its also published by EA and will most likely require to use their invasive Origin shit...pass.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I believe it's confirmed to require Origin.

I'm also not real up on EA these days. The way they've treated Dead Space, their arrogant stances on all the fuckups with Sim City and Battlefield 4 (games I did not play, but nevertheless their stance on not fixing the bugs and problems is well documented) and now their unwillingness to put a single player campaign into what could have been a really great new IP are all warning signs to me.

Why make an interesting sci-fi themed FPS and then reduce it to dudebro status? The answer is simple: EA knows that dudebros will buy and play the game, and they'll make their money and nothing else matters.

People can case on Gears of War, but at least they didn't shrift on the campaign elements. People may not LIKE the campaign or world of Gears, or it may be terrible at points, but at least they put effort into it (until Judgement, which I still liked but recognize exactly what it is).

EA is acting a lot like Sony acted during PS3 launch.

Or like Square-Enix acted when they were conceiving, promoting and releasing the Fabula Nova Crystalis saga.

Or like Nintendo is acting right now.

Not willing to acknowledge they are making mistakes, spinning everything so that none of it is their fault, and all but spitting in the eye of their loyal consumers with every public statement.

It astonishes me how these companies just don't pay attention.

Also, no PS4 release is shady as fuck. EA must not have confidence in the product to take the kind of one time payout required in this day and age to guarantee exclusivity for Microsoft platforms. The long term dividends would have been FAR greater to go full on cross platform.

But then I suppose they would have to actually put effort into making the game more than a polished beta multiplayer military murder sim w/robots.

Magician

20 Year Member
Also, no PS4 release is shady as fuck. EA must not have confidence in the product to take the kind of one time payout required in this day and age to guarantee exclusivity for Microsoft platforms. The long term dividends would have been FAR greater to go full on cross platform.

Not really.

I'm sure MS gave a fuckton of money for the exclusivity, probably $40-$50 million range I'd guess.

Atleast enough to offset the profits Titanfall would've brought on Sony's platforms.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Not really.

I'm sure MS gave a fuckton of money for the exclusivity, probably $40-$50 million range I'd guess.

Atleast enough to offset the profits Titanfall would've brought on Sony's platforms.

Um...that's kind of my point.

Microsoft gave EA a big payout based on an estimate of what they thougth EA would get out of cross platform.

But you are flat out wrong if you don't thnk EA could have made at least SOME more money with a quality product released cross platform. Over the lifespan of the game? With DLC?

This, along with all their other fuckups, just proves they are treating the industry like a strip mine anymore.

Magician

20 Year Member
But you are flat out wrong if you don't thnk EA could have made at least SOME more money with a quality product released cross platform. Over the lifespan of the game? With DLC?

No argument there.

I don't doubt publishers' see their largest profit margins come from DLC content.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's clear they wanted the frontload payout like a pro athlete hiding an injury while negotiating a huge contract.

EA wanted the baloon payout because they are thinking in terms of the big American corporate business model. Get your money while you can and then run from the room before the floor falls out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a hard time believing that. If the game's primary function is multiplayer versus, where will it find the time to indulge the very elements that comprise a single player campaign and separate it from all the fragging?

Maybe this game'll be different. I guess we'll see.

Sorry, that was supposed to say "can't" be submerged.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well shit, dude.

Thanks for taking the wind out of the sails of the S.S. /Taisorant.

Sorry bro, I was medicated when I was typing that. But I know exactly what you mean though, as much as I love the developers I am still on the fence about the game. Since it's different from Call of Duty, I'm in the same boat as you, where I would like to explore a campaign mode. I love multiplayer but I usually play the campaign somewhat with the games and if it captures my attention then I play through. COD4 I played all the way through as it had an arcade type feel on a bunch of the levels and you even unlock an arcade mode. MW2 I couldn't play anything passed the airport scene, got bored. Black Ops 1 was nice and challenging while Black Ops 2 I saw some guy beat the campaign on I think veteran without even doing anything. As for ghosts, fuck that game.

The last Mecha game I enjoyed I think was Armored Core 3 or maybe 2.

It's weird having an "exclusive" game for the Xbox 1 that is only multiplayer and not what was originally planned. I think originally it was for 64 players or something and then they cut it down to 6 vs 6. I'm watching the videos and hoping for some game mode to take my breath away. As of right now, looks cool but not super fun. I guess Gundam raised my standards for Mech weaponry.

Glad I saw this, wasn't paying enough attention and didn't realize there will be no single player campaign. Call me old fashioned but oh well, cancelled the preorder.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The videos being posted online scream CoD. I sure do hope it has more depth and longevity. It does look frantic though and worthy of some intense play.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am not buying an XBone for this game. Not even sure I will get one anytime soon. I will wait to see the reviews on the 360 version. Otherwise there are other games to play.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I am surprised about the hate for no campaign. I’m glad cause it’s the reason i won’t get it either. I suspect it will do better than Warhawk but go and play that game now lol. at least if it had campain you could at least play it.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I have a feeling everyone who is up in arms about this game not having a single player campaign probably wouldn't have been playing it anyway. It doesn't bother me. They know how few people bother with campaign modes, why spend the millions of dollars and take all the time required to put together a bunch of scripted events that most of your audience isn't going to bother with anyway? Besides, Respawn is also attempting to tell a story within the multiplayer with Titanfall. No idea how that will actually work but it could be interesting.

There are plenty of games out there that can't wait to shove a half assed story down your throat, you can always play one of those. I think it would be fun to get in a party with my friends and stomp some asses in a giant mech, but I'm a simple man I suppose.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
So far the lack of any preview of the 360 version has me thinking one of two things....

1.) Its a shoddy port in comparison and will be reviewed as such.

2.) Its a good port for the 360 and they are trying to sell XBone's so they don't want folks to "settle" for the 360 version and pony up the 5 bills.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I saw some footage of this the other day and got so excited about it, then found out it required origin. EA can get fucked.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So far the lack of any preview of the 360 version has me thinking one of two things....

1.) Its a shoddy port in comparison and will be reviewed as such.

2.) Its a good port for the 360 and they are trying to sell XBone's so they don't want folks to "settle" for the 360 version and pony up the 5 bills.

The port is being done by another company which is weird. It's like the 90s all over again. Maybe it's Takara.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Got my boner last week to get in on this. Been playing Dead Rising 3 in the meantime.

Very ready for tomorrow. Much fun expected.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Got my boner last week to get in on this. Been playing Dead Rising 3 in the meantime.

Very ready for tomorrow. Much fun expected.

Game is literally cod. I played the demo its a lag fest supports six players and throws a ton of bots to make up for it. It also only runs at 30fps. I wasnt impressed battlefield 4 was better.