Sengoku 3?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was searching for a legit Sengoku 3 to replace the boot I have that works perfect. I'm just really anal about not having the real thing. I see that yaton is selling brand new Sengoku 3's for a decent price. I was interested on purchasing one of them. He says that they are original carts with original labels. I was checking arcade shock and they show a legit Sengoku 3 cart image with serial numbers on the label. Of course arcade shock is sold out of them. How come yaton's Sengoku 3 carts have no Serial numbers on the label? Sorry for the NOOB question

Arcade Shock Image
http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/sn...rge-marquee-included-sngu3serial-m-detail.htm

Yatons Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310027331339&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Wish I could help you broski but I ain't got a clue about mvs boots.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmm..

From what I see at Briggs website,the US label there has no serial numbers either.
http://www.hardmvs.com/labels/browseUS.php

I'm not sure but it's possible that some of them were made with no serial number.

Several of my original MVS games have no serial numbers on the labels though..
I just don't own Sengoku 3 in MVS to verify it..

Neo Alec may know...

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
Hmm..

From what I see at Briggs website,the US label there has no serial numbers either.
http://www.hardmvs.com/labels/browseUS.php

I'm not sure but it's possible that some of them were made with no serial number..

I just checked that out right now. And your right, briggs website does not have any serial numbers either. So I'm assuming that those are legit labels on those carts. Sorry for the stupid post. Should of done some more research before posting.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I own Sengoku 3 on MVS but I am not sure if it has serial numbers on the label though because I never bothered to look. :)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
RAZO said:
I just checked that out right now. And your right, briggs website does not have any serial numbers either. So I'm assuming that those are legit labels on those carts. Sorry for the stupid post. Should of done some more research before posting.

I figure they might be legit..I remeber some guy on ebay with tons of legit carts with nice labels..I think they were all Metal Slug X

Never a stupid post man...We are here to help..

I enjoy trying to figure this stuff/help out.. as I still learn things that I don't know..

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have a legit MVS S3 kit, and there are no serials. I don't think that cart ever had them, but I could easily be wrong.

Usually Yaton's carts are original if he says they are, but if it says "100% working", it's a booter.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I actually got the last sengoku 3 kit from arcade shock.. it has serials on it that start with the letter A.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What region is the cart from (w/serials)? I think mine's english, but I'll check and make sure tomorrow. . .

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I have no serials on my cart either but the cart is 100% legit, not sure if the box has serials as it's resting in the back of one of the cabs right now and dosen't want to be bothered -- bought from yaton about a year or so ago.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
I figure they might be legit..I remeber some guy on ebay with tons of legit carts with nice labels..I think they were all Metal Slug X

Never a stupid post man...We are here to help..

I enjoy trying to figure this stuff/help out.. as I still learn things that I don't know..

Your right. They can always have fake labels.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
JoshuaMiller said:
I have a legit MVS S3 kit, and there are no serials. I don't think that cart ever had them, but I could easily be wrong.

Usually Yaton's carts are original if he says they are, but if it says "100% working", it's a booter.

I have both good and bad things to say about yaton because the new kits I've ordered from him like KOF 2003 and SVC Chaos were good to go, but I ran into a couple of issues with some his USED Fake Label carts like rage of the dragons and kof 99. Now I just played through all of ninja masters and noticed that it has some very minor sound issues also and it too is a fake label cart I got from him awhile ago, but that might just require some cleaning. So thats when I said screw it and just replaced most of my yaton carts. And I hate the way they come all scratched up and dirty. They look like crap. Now there is only 2 more carts I have to replace and thats Last Blade 2 and Ninja Masters. Sometimes your just better off paying top dollar and getting something legit.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
JoshuaMiller said:

Ditto.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Ditto as well. My S3 also has no serials and is legit.

Han

n00b
I just bought a couple of carts from yaton. They look good to me as well as someone else on this board.. I can post some pictures once they arrive.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I saw those carts today, is $60 a good price for that?

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
He uses "100% original, 100% working" to describe them. That's kind of like saying the cat's both dead and alive when you're dealing with Yaton. :lolz:

It doesn't look like his usual replacement shell / label and these look pretty clean as well. He usually hasn't been one to intentionally mislead by using real-looking labels. Of course there's no way to tell without seeing the boards, but I'd venture to say these are legit.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
I grabbed one, i will have it by early next week. I'll put the pcb scans on my site so you can see if they are legit there or not.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
The carts are legit....i just got mine in the mail. The labels are more glossy than they look in the photo. all boards are authentic.