Sengoku 3 Hi Score Thread

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Okay, so I'll be your impromptu host for this month's BOTM. I know we usually do a poll and vote on what game we're going to play. Though since we're already into May, and it's kind of last minute thing. I figured I'd forgo the normal formalities and go with something that has been nominated, but never won, plus it's a Neo-Geo game!

SENGOKU 3!

So dust off your AES/MVS, and let's beat some undead samurai ass! :D

Sengoku 3 scoreboard update 5-24-2015.PNG

Rules: Default settings, Normal Difficulty(Level 4), 2 lives, no continues.

Hi-Score Format: Name - Combo - Score - Character - Stage

LET'S SEE SOME SCORES!

Top Players:

1. Bill Killgore - 56 - 420500 - Kurenai - Stage 2

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Will join for sure - very good combo system in this one - has a nice visual countdown on your combo meter and makes it easy to tell when you need to milk someone (jabs) along to keep it going.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Oh hell yeah! I just bought this one a couple weeks ago and love it to death. Thx for having this one as a BOTM.

Bill Kilgore

TOA (TOA: wanted to sign with Tom but accidentally pressed the button on the last letter) - 53 - 326000 - Kurenai - stage 2 .

148oi00.jpg

Also got a combo of 53 (this time signed with Bil)

mkhgf5.jpg

I still need allot of practice. Normally i play the game on difficulty setting 2 and move up from there once i feel comfortable with it. I would love to hear your strategies and the characters you use. I use Kurenai because i like the faster walking speed and her special moves are good for crowd controll. She's very vulnerable though.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Not a big improvement. I just get hammered by those purple ninja girls in the Italy stage. Maybe i'll go for the Japan stage first next time.

BIL - 56 - 335600 - Kurenai - Stage 2

el3bfc.jpg

206lyiw.jpg

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Where is all the Sengoku 3 love?

I'm hoping to get some play-time in today. I would've played more last week, but it was my work's busiest week of the year. So unfortunately all I've done lately is work and sleep. :p

Bill Kilgore

Anyone playing? I got my finals to worry about but i sure would love to read how you guys are going at this game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man I thought the names would go on the scroll, I was so psyched...lol.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Oh man I thought the names would go on the scroll, I was so psyched...lol.

They will, I was planning on waiting until there was more than one score entry to update it, but I'll do it when I get home. I also need to take a break from Fire Shark and bust out my neo and give this a go before this damn month ends. :p

Bill Kilgore

They will, I was planning on waiting until there was more than one score entry to update it, but I'll do it when I get home. I also need to take a break from Fire Shark and bust out my neo and give this a go before this damn month ends. :p

Hey that's nicely done mate!

Bill Kilgore

Took half a day off for some relaxing before it's back to the books:

BIK (typed it wrong again) - 56 - 420500 - Kurenai - Stage 2

1zmlco4.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The scroll looks awesome and good old Bill looks lonely, I'm gonna play this right now! Along with more Lost Turfes!

Bill Kilgore

Bah, was really expecting atleast one other contestant :(. I don't get it, the game's combo system is awesome.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Bah, was really expecting atleast one other contestant :(. I don't get it, the game's combo system is awesome.

I know I keep on saying it, but I'm on my weekend now and I swear I'm going to play this before the month ends.

EDIT: There's also no nominee for next month's BOTM, so maybe someone should start a vote thread soon...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think we should keep this thread going, give people time, it's a great game. I wanna make a score that's gonne be untouched, making it to the third stage already but with a shit score and not beating the combo count of billy bob here, so I'm gonna crush him and then I'll post my entry.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I think we should keep this thread going, give people time, it's a great game. I wanna make a score that's gonne be untouched, making it to the third stage already but with a shit score and not beating the combo count of billy bob here, so I'm gonna crush him and then I'll post my entry.

We can keep it going after May I suppose, kind of like the NG Dev scoreboard, and the Los Turfes thread. Though as far as the BOTM records are concerned I think I should take the final tally for that at the end of the month.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just change the title of the thread in order to keep the monthly brawler going.

Bill Kilgore

Glad you're going to join! After May i will have some more free time so i won't be satisfied with my current score either.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Still 3.5 hours left of May here on the West coast, and I've finally pulled my head out and started playing. :p

Beelzebub - 26 - 345,300 - Stage 2 - Kongoh

Spoiler:

Sengoku score - 345,300.pngSengoku 3 combo - 26.png

Bill Kilgore

Kongoh, that's an odd character pick. The boss from Italy stage will be very difficult playing as him i think.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Well since there were so few participants for the May BOTM, the winner for that month is Bill Kilgore!

At the request of EG though, I'm going to change this from a BOTM thread to a continuous Sengoku 3 hi score thread. Like the NG Dev and NTM boards. So keep submitting those scores!

Bill Kilgore

Hooray! I will keep on uploading my scores then!