Sega Rebooting Crazy Taxi and Jet Set

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Not sure if JSRF can survive outside of the 2000's but that stuff is hip again so we'll see
I posted in this section before that this is in development by Team Reptile (I enjoyed Lethal League) so there is a JSRF inspired game coming from them as well.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
They really should have done the Final Fantasy VII remake in that cell-shaded style, and made it look almost exactly like the early Nomura style in the game's original FMV sequences without the archaic polygons . Would have been fucking sweet.

Like imagine if they tried to make Jet Set into a hyper-realistic Korean yaoi softboy looking piece of shit. All the magic would be gone. Same applies to the FFVII franchise, it was a god damn cartoon and they should have kept it that way

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I posted in this section before that this is in development by Team Reptile (I enjoyed Lethal League) so there is a JSRF inspired game coming from them as well.

Can't wait for this, I was assuming this was by old smilebit folks but I'm just thinking that because it's almost identical looking to jsrf. Would love to see any new games from SEGA besides sonic rehashes.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Can't wait for this, I was assuming this was by old smilebit folks but I'm just thinking that because it's almost identical looking to jsrf. Would love to see any new games from SEGA besides sonic rehashes.
To me Lethal League has a Sega Arcade vibe I loved, and this obviously as well. Team Reptile is actually a Dutch game development group.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Did anyone play Crazy Taxi 2 or 3?
I did, certainly not as much as the original one though. When 2 came out I was like it’s ok I’ll go back to 1, 3 on the Xbox is pretty good though in hindsight since it has all three games on it with 3’s engine. Certainly 2 and 3 don’t have the same og magic the original one has which is a good point. I guess really whatever sequel that comes out it has to have what made the original one so great as the basis, so it will be hard to catch that magic again, especially in Sega’s current state.

I got a lot of mileage out of the PSP port too when that came out originally too.

Still I love the original so much that I’m going to stay positive. I’d love a new Sega Rally personally I still play the 360/PS3 version, and I even played the GBA version today.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I played a lot of CT2 but do we need a new CT? They're gonna have to bring a bit more to the table to make it work.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Cautiously optimistic.

I’ll pay stupid money for a new Panzer Dragoon.

I'm really hoping they give PDS the PD1 remake treatment one day. Oh and a sequel, that would be nice although likely impossible to ever happen.

I don't hold much hope for these Crazy Taxi or JSR projects, Sega are just looking for a always online microtransatian 'Super Game' model like Fortnite for them: https://www.eurogamer.net/crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-big-budget-reboots-in-works-at-sega

Here's the quote about Crazy Taxi and JSR: "Super Game will be a "a key part of Sega's mid to long-term strategy", the company said at the time, with games "where the key focuses are 'global', 'online', 'community' and 'IP utilisation'"."

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Crazy Taxi? I'll give you that one but JSR and it's sequel are great. Sega at it's creative and risk taking best.
Nah, don't give him that. The entire premise of Crazy Taxi was incredibly unique and creative. No other game like it.

Not a very fun game to play at home but a perfect arcade game.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
If only they could reboot the creative spirit that made Crazy Taxi to begin with.