Sega enthusiasts wanted

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
We talked about this in the NES thread but no one ever started it. So here goes.

I left it Sega enthusiast imstead of Genesis. But we can stick with Genesis.

The Genesis was my second favorite system growing up. Loved the titles, loved the controllers. Just loved that sexy dark look.

Here is my wall of mostly Sega, with my piddly amount of 3DO games and Diablo 2 as a book end!

IMG_20160926_200120946_TOP~01~01.jpg
Sega CD
IMG_20161005_203026686_TOP~01.jpg
Dreamcast
IMG_20161005_203044828~01.jpg
Saturn
IMG_20161005_203058903~01.jpg
SMS
IMG_20161005_203037030_TOP~01.jpg
32x
IMG_20161005_203031697~01.jpg
Geeeeeeneeeeee.....
IMG_20161005_203109739~01.jpg
IMG_20161005_203116444_TOP~01.jpg
IMG_20161005_203122272_TOP~01.jpg
IMG_20161005_203129422_TOP~01.jpg
IMG_20161005_203133468~01.jpg
Ssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The Genesis was my motherfucking JAM.

With the Everdrives, I don't have much use for a collection of games, but I love the hardware.

Sold off a model 2 Gen/SCD and 32X setup not too long ago. Tried for a complete 32X set (I settled with a repro of Darxide), but Spider-Man was going to break me.

Sega CD and Saturn Collections look beautiful when you put them side-by-side. Love those big, ridiculous, wasteful jewel cases.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Tried for a complete 32X set (I settled with a repro of Darxide), but Spider-Man was going to break me.

I did this too. I had everything except for Spiderman and BC Racers, and I came to my senses instead of spending all that cash for such a terrible game. I sold most of my 32x collection, just keeping the few that I actually played.

I ditched a lot of my regular Genesis games too, keeping only about 20 of my favorites. I do have the Everdrive though, and I still play all the time. I'm currently in the middle of Shining Force CD, that game is great.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Great collection, Montatez. I've been a Sega fan as long as I've been a video game fan. I started with a Master System and stayed with Sega all the way until the death of the Dreamcast. I still own the consoles, and play them from time to time, but I don't really collect for them. I have a few games for each system, and buy and sell games as I feel like playing them. I did have almost complete PAL collections for the Master System and Saturn at one point, but I sold them off to make space and fund other collections (Neo Geo, of course). I'm still a huge Sega fan though, and have great memories of growing up with each system.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I'm also a big Sega fan. Here's a couple of my kiosks.

lIoRbK5.jpg
vPBr3tn.jpg

I have some other Sega things as well that I'll have to snag some pictures of too. I have a first release Genesis box (Altered Beast) which is complete though the corner is part torn :/ I've also got a boxed Sega CD model 1, 32X, and CDX. About 100 CIB games, and a couple fun show pieces as well. I've got a vinyl banner advertising Sonic 3, and also one for the Sega Dreamcast. One of my favorite pieces is a Sonic clock that has "Sega authorized retailer" on it. Probably some other things too. I'll try to grab some more photos!

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I had the Genesis before got a SMS, yet when my parents got the Genesis, they bought the Power Base Converter, even tho we had no SMS games.

My parents got the SMS like a year or so later for my brother and I to keep us occupied when we went away to NH during the summer. Only had 4 games - Cloud Master, Thunder Blade, Time Soldiers, and the built in Hang-On. Once in a great while we would rent a game for it, but the selection was next to nothing for the SMS. I loved it, but my brother hated it - he was more into flight sims and that shit.

Never had a Sega CD or 32X when they were new/relevant. By that point I had an SNES and the PS/Saturn were around the corner. The Game Gear was packed in with Lion King by the time I got one, which was late into it's lifespan.

Just picked up a Nomad again, which is perfect for the everdrive.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I had the Genesis before got a SMS, yet when my parents got the Genesis, they bought the Power Base Converter, even tho we had no SMS games.

My parents got the SMS like a year or so later for my brother and I to keep us occupied when we went away to NH during the summer. Only had 4 games - Cloud Master, Thunder Blade, Time Soldiers, and the built in Hang-On. Once in a great while we would rent a game for it, but the selection was next to nothing for the SMS. I loved it, but my brother hated it - he was more into flight sims and that shit.

Never had a Sega CD or 32X when they were new/relevant. By that point I had an SNES and the PS/Saturn were around the corner. The Game Gear was packed in with Lion King by the time I got one, which was late into it's lifespan.

Just picked up a Nomad again, which is perfect for the everdrive.

Hoping you got the LCD modded and a nice modern battery pack!

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Hoping you got the LCD modded and a nice modern battery pack!

That's gonna be a project later down the road. The screen is a bit more washed out than my last Nomad - I think I need to replace the caps in this. I would rather put LED's in than rplace the screen, but I can't find an LED kit for it.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Im only missing about 5 US release titles for the 32x. I only ever pick them up when I find them at garage sales or thrift stores.

Most of the stuff is from collecting over the years and second store finds. With exception to a few Genesis games that I wanted bad enough I ebayed them.

Score most of the saturn games from a local deal on the radio for 20 bucks. The dragoons were local pickups at pawnshops.

The Sega CD games are mostly old ebay purchase's a hundred years ago. Stuff I really wanted to play like sonic and EWJ.

Dreamcast stuff again local finds and friends. One buddy gave me grabdia 2 and another gave me skies of arcadia.

SMS was a late in life score. Love Rastan.

Never was big on everdrives they serve a purpose for some. Collecting and playing these games is all the fun.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm also a big Sega fan. Here's a couple of my kiosks.

View attachment 39674
View attachment 39675

I have some other Sega things as well that I'll have to snag some pictures of too. I have a first release Genesis box (Altered Beast) which is complete though the corner is part torn :/ I've also got a boxed Sega CD model 1, 32X, and CDX. About 100 CIB games, and a couple fun show pieces as well. I've got a vinyl banner advertising Sonic 3, and also one for the Sega Dreamcast. One of my favorite pieces is a Sonic clock that has "Sega authorized retailer" on it. Probably some other things too. I'll try to grab some more photos!

Nice setup!

Lets see some more collections! I like seeing what other people setup!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've posted before that the Genny/MD is my favorite gaming console of all time. I will post some pics of my 16 bit gear once I get it all together. I'm glad someone started this thread.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
We talked about this in the NES thread but no one ever started it. So here goes.

The Genesis was my second favorite system growing up. Loved the titles, loved the controllers. Just loved that sexy dark look.

Here is my wall of mostly Sega, with my piddly amount of 3DO games and Diablo 2 as a book end!

View attachment 39672

That's a very nice collection. I never really got into the 32x. Was never a fan of console add ons.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
My collection is a disorganized mess right now, otherwise I'd post pics. I saved up and bought a JP Sega Mega Drive (my first console) in 1990. It came with Same! Same! Same!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I'm in process of building shelves for my Sega games, so I don't have any pictures yet. Maybe in a couple months. I am at 272 Genesis games so far.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Oh man.

LOTS of memories of going to Sears and playing Mortal Kombat and X-Men before I actually got them. The people behind the counter would get PISSED when someone would put in the blood code and do a fatality.

Fuck that time limit on playing the game tho.

A B A C A B B

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
My collection is a disorganized mess right now, otherwise I'd post pics. I saved up and bought a JP Sega Mega Drive (my first console) in 1990. It came with Same! Same! Same!

I'd like to see that collection bro, btw I'm about to have an overnight collection lol. ;)

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
DSCN5763_zps3whf3kbu.jpg

Posted this pic a few months back. All of my Sega systems minus a couple of Game Gears. I gave one of the Saturns and an ST key to my sister, so she could play her JP copy of Magic Knight Rayearth again.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

View attachment 39672

Damn, that's a sweet collection. How long you been gathering all that stuff?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Big megadrive fan here.
I'm on hols till tomorrow with my 2 teenagers but I'll post some pics of my games and MD's when I get back.
Always my go to console for shooters and action platformers.
So many good games.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Oh man.

LOTS of memories of going to Sears and playing Mortal Kombat and X-Men before I actually got them. The people behind the counter would get PISSED when someone would put in the blood code and do a fatality.

Fuck that time limit on playing the game tho.

Best part is that you can turn that off :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh man.

Lawl. Mine never had a Genesis kiosk, but when the PS1 came out they had Mortal Kombat 3 on it, no fucks given about violence. What was funny was that the MK3 arcade machine was still the main cash machine at the arcade in the same mall, and the kids naturally flocked to Sears to play for free instead.

Lawl