Sega enthusiasts wanted

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Grew up with Nintendo but had been off and on exposed to Sega stuff. My brother went traitor in the days always been a very me me type and impatient, so he got the Genesis and I waited out the SNES. Later 90s in college I ended up having a long distance gf of sorts from Australia who was a huge Sega gamer and loved buying NTSC stuff. At one point she bought a huge lot off ebay for nearly nothing for a few games, for shipping it I ended up with a Genesis 3 and around 2 1/2 dozen titles most complete in the box. It was fun but the system was a bit annoying so I had replaced it with a Nomad. In that period before a horrid time I had having to sell off most of a massive (into the couple thousands) collection of games I had probably 40 games for it, but I also had got other goods too. Also in the 90s I had a Game Gear with probably 30+ games and I feel I enjoyed it more at times. The only Sega system I ever bought new was the Dreamcast weeks after it came out, never regretted it as it was huge for me, major usage until I was working at Midway and ended up going nuts on stuff. I ended up bagging a really cheap Saturn and got some awesome games including Castlevania, DBZ and a few other imports and my first Master System didn't happen until the mid 00s but I had used one a friend had in the day.

Years after the dying of the collection I ended up getting that SMS and it was damn near free given it was CIB along with a nice pile of games but I didn't keep it but a few years, scaled again back with moving and stuff. Some years later I got a stellar deal on a SMS yet again this time with a mix of EU and US titles plus a CIB 3D glasses setup which was pretty fun to use at times but hurt my nose as it didn't sit right. I didn't keep it but a year as it got stale once I ran out of new stuff to play even from the EU region. I left Sega for awhile then. But 11 months ago I ended up getting a launch non-tmss Genesis in stellar shape and since then have picked up probably 40 games in a rush but sold away some (selling a few more currently once I take some pics one being a repaired Grind Stormer I did as I just can't get into it.) And then this April/May I found locally on craigslist a blue Game Gear with 5 decent games, ac adapter and car adapter for $30 in fantastic shape. It took a bit to warm up so recently I got it recapped and also had the CFL removed for a 2 LED solution which is a nice improvement (plus nearly triples battery life.) I've got a nice hand picked selection of games for it around 35-36 of them but I've had around 50 but some I just didn't care for. I love getting Game Gear stuff, no one wants it at all pretty much so it's all super cheap yet the quality is excellent. Other than mega man and urban strike(why? anyone?) being in the $50-100 range, everything else is like under $20 for a loose cart with most around half that which I love -- great for experimentation.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wyo just inspired me to post my Japan MD games. Don't have much.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Grew up with Nintendo but had been off and on exposed to Sega stuff. My brother went traitor in the days always been a very me me type and impatient, so he got the Genesis and I waited out the SNES. Later 90s in college I ended up having a long distance gf of sorts from Australia who was a huge Sega gamer and loved buying NTSC stuff. At one point she bought a huge lot off ebay for nearly nothing for a few games, for shipping it I ended up with a Genesis 3 and around 2 1/2 dozen titles most complete in the box. It was fun but the system was a bit annoying so I had replaced it with a Nomad. In that period before a horrid time I had having to sell off most of a massive (into the couple thousands) collection of games I had probably 40 games for it, but I also had got other goods too. Also in the 90s I had a Game Gear with probably 30+ games and I feel I enjoyed it more at times. The only Sega system I ever bought new was the Dreamcast weeks after it came out, never regretted it as it was huge for me, major usage until I was working at Midway and ended up going nuts on stuff. I ended up bagging a really cheap Saturn and got some awesome games including Castlevania, DBZ and a few other imports and my first Master System didn't happen until the mid 00s but I had used one a friend had in the day.

Years after the dying of the collection I ended up getting that SMS and it was damn near free given it was CIB along with a nice pile of games but I didn't keep it but a few years, scaled again back with moving and stuff. Some years later I got a stellar deal on a SMS yet again this time with a mix of EU and US titles plus a CIB 3D glasses setup which was pretty fun to use at times but hurt my nose as it didn't sit right. I didn't keep it but a year as it got stale once I ran out of new stuff to play even from the EU region. I left Sega for awhile then. But 11 months ago I ended up getting a launch non-tmss Genesis in stellar shape and since then have picked up probably 40 games in a rush but sold away some (selling a few more currently once I take some pics one being a repaired Grind Stormer I did as I just can't get into it.) And then this April/May I found locally on craigslist a blue Game Gear with 5 decent games, ac adapter and car adapter for $30 in fantastic shape. It took a bit to warm up so recently I got it recapped and also had the CFL removed for a 2 LED solution which is a nice improvement (plus nearly triples battery life.) I've got a nice hand picked selection of games for it around 35-36 of them but I've had around 50 but some I just didn't care for. I love getting Game Gear stuff, no one wants it at all pretty much so it's all super cheap yet the quality is excellent. Other than mega man and urban strike(why? anyone?) being in the $50-100 range, everything else is like under $20 for a loose cart with most around half that which I love -- great for experimentation.

Did anyone actually read this? I stopped at the girlfriend from Australia part. Jesus dude.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wyo just inspired me to post my Japan MD games. Don't have much.

RAZO, you being modest lol. That's a very solid collection, you got some hardcore titles. Dat Vampire Killer :drool:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
A small great collection is better than getting everything IMO.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I really like seeing the sega love. After i got my genesis, nintendo just felt kiddie to me.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
RAZO, you being modest lol. That's a very solid collection, you got some hardcore titles. Dat Vampire Killer :drool:

Thanks bro

A small great collection is better than getting everything IMO.

Yea, I only buy titles I really enjoy playing. Everything else I just everdrive. I would like to get a hold of Contra JP and I think that would be it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Awesome collection, Razo!! All killer, no filler ^_^

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Looks like someone grabbed Lonesage by the manpussy this morning now doesnt it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Looks like someone grabbed Lonesage by the manpussy this morning now doesnt it.

No...he's right, some of your posts are exhausting, that one included. I really tried hard to read it but fuck's sake man...the rambling...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
But my opinion is fact. Other peoples' opinions are irrelevant.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
No...he's right, some of your posts are exhausting, that one included. I really tried hard to read it but fuck's sake man...the rambling...

This Tanooki guy clearly doesn't understand the need to parse large text fields into basic, functional paragraphs. He's not a foreigner. English is not his second or third language, so there's no excuse for the drawn-out, disjointed syntax, etc. I still read nearly all of his posts, but at some point it's like, c'mon man, get with the grammar program...

That's just your opinion.

95fa273895279a34937edaeb97ce1c98.jpg

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Here's my 2 cent's worth.
Excuse the pic's i'm no david bailey.
Been collecting for the MD since the early 90's, so there's a few doubler's and dodgy titles i've picked up over the year's.
20161020_231810.jpg

20161020_231825.jpg

20161020_231836.jpg

20161020_231914.jpg

20161020_232350.jpg

There's 2 repo's in there as well, daiginjou and eliminate down i got screwed on jauce with them.
Put that straight since though.

Attachments

• 20161020_232005.jpg
    20161020_232005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Love your Megadrive collection RAZO , I'm such a dumb bitch for getting rid of mine.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Awesome collection, Razo!! All killer, no filler ^_^

You can ask RAZO to part with his Rolling Thunder 2 ;)
RAZO, I want that Castlevania game...........I almost got it from MERC but decided not to due to region lock...............I'm so regret.............

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You can ask RAZO to part with his Rolling Thunder 2 ;)
RAZO, I want that Castlevania game...........I almost got it from MERC but decided not to due to region lock...............I'm so regret.............

LOL, I actually just found a loose RT2 to go with the case/insert/manual I got from Gyrian.

There are number of other games he has though..... ;)

Vampire Killer - everyone wants this one. Great game but doesn't seem to be very rare, so not sure why the price is so high. Maybe purely demand driven or JP seller price fixing?
Musha Aleste - I should probably just sell my US copy to buy one and keep the change.
Turtles & Devil Crash would be cool as well.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Musha Aleste - I should probably just sell my US copy to buy one and keep the change.

Fortunately I got this game before you snapped it............;)

Do you see cat has two Battlemania Daijinjou? Wow..................

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fortunately I got this game before you snapped it............;)

Do you see cat has two Battlemania Daijinjou? Wow..................

Real ones? If so, come on cat, help a brother out! :D